• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what the hell is wrong with people

ok.. So I went on a first date with this girl on Thursday, went well enough.. So I call her up tonight, and she picks up the phone. The conversation goes like this:

"hello"
"hey"
dead line

I'm thinking we lost the call, cell phones and all. So I call back, no answer. Again, no answer, but left a message..

What the hell.. People are this rude now? So averse to conflict they just hang up??

-Jeremy

Joel said:
I don't get it. Are you mad at her or your cell phone?

It looks like she just hung up on me.. So.. make your own conclusion

jdc1687 said:
It looks like she just hung up on me.. So.. make your own conclusion

maybe a lesbian? :biggrin:

I would have to ask about the date you had before making any assumptions about what happened during your call.......

her phone battery could have died too,

i wouldn't read too much into it.

try back in a day, if no answer, leave one, then forget it

Some people are bad at confrontation. Find out what happened or move on.

Cairo94507 said:
I would have to ask about the date you had before making any assumptions about what happened during your call.......

The date was normal by any imagination.. Walked through the Boston Public Garden, then for a sandwich/drinks at a nice, but not too nice place.. Then walked her back to the T and said good night..

rickysals said:
her phone battery could have died too,

i wouldn't read too much into it.

try back in a day, if no answer, leave one, then forget it

Who knows.. You are right in that her phone could have died, and I'll try another day.. Anyone want to take bets if she hangs up on me again? :rolleyes:

-Jeremy

Have a friend of yours call her number and see if she answers. He can just play it off with the "sorry, wrong number" routine. Then you can call shortly after and see if she just doesn't pick up YOUR calls. Easy enough. :cool:

Deuce B said:
Have a friend of yours call her number and see if she answers. He can just play it off with the "sorry, wrong number" routine. Then you can call shortly after and see if she just doesn't pick up YOUR calls. Easy enough. :cool:
Are you a stalker? :biggrin:

Shit.. If she doesn't want to talk to me; fine.. It just irks me that she picked up and hung up.. But, as we just went over, the phones could have just cut out..

Sigh.. Whatever.

-Jeremy

...I bought her a sandwich...

...I took her to a nice/not too nice place...

I think you've already figured it out...

If you already left her one message, then I might leave one more.
If she does not call back after that, I would never call her again and would not lose sleep trying to figure out what happened. If she is a a decent girl it should not matter that you took her for an ok place to eat. If she likes you, she should be happy even with Mc. Donalds! There are too many nice women out there to be bothered with one who cant at least return a call.

Dont sweat it,

Nate in DC

jdc1687 said:
Then walked her back to the T and said good night.. -Jeremy

Walked her back to the T!?! You didn't drive her home in the NSX? Remember, that's probably the only reason she went out with you in the first place! :wink:

Hmmm..Interesting..I thought the "Rule" was not calling for at least 2 days... :biggrin:

Mike

Dating is dysfunctional. Bunch of opportunities to miscommunicate, come off wrong, and make a bad first impression.
Unfortunatly it is also a neccessity...
You can either join those losers I saw on 60 minutes that went and got Russian Mail order brides, or do the dance...

Maybe her phone died...

Maybe it didn't. :rolleyes:

Did you leave a message?
Was it a cell phone? All cell phones I have seen retain incoming caller numbers, and nearly everyone has voicemail if they are unavailable.

This is why I created the "two call rule"- and I put it out there on the first date-

I tell them casually at the end of the date how I think it went, then I explain that I will call twice- and only twice without a response. I make it clear- I leave two messages- both polite, but after that, it is up to her to call back or we go incommunicado.

1 call missed, maybe she accidentally deleted it before she got my number... maybe the connection from my cell was bad and my message was garbled... ect, ect...
2 calls not returned... OK, I gave her the safety call- she didn't take it... Peace.

I don't go for a third strike- this isn't baseball.

This prevented me from pursuing those who did not want to be pursued.

It worked out well too, I can think of a few times when I ran into a girl a few weeks/months after two missed calls and they were interested.

They ask: Why haven't you called?
I tell them: I did. Twice; you didn't call back, I moved on.
It seems to hit them in the ego a bit, and they tend to want those who don't want them.

Of course- the women I REALLY had chemistry with wanted to make plans for date 2 at the end of date 1- usually a good indicator they are going to answer the call. :biggrin:

Whatever happens, don't get pissed. There are plenty of single women-
They will all be a little crazy (especially the really hot ones)- the key seems to be finding the crazy you can deal with.

Last edited:
Man....thank goodness I am married. Would not want to be thrown into the fray again. Good luck with that dating thing.

I once went on a "date" with a young woman and when we got to the club we had planned on going to she asked if I minded if she went and hungout with her friends that were there! she then vanished for the next 3 hours till closing time and showed up at the door on the wayout! I was pissed! I took her home,she wanted to get friendly in the car I opened the door and pushed her out..then she called me 3 days later and I told her what a rude worthless person she was and that she better never call me agian....some people are so into themselves that they cant take a few mins to be honest and upfront with someone else...Dont let her get to you ....move on and find a date that had better perents... :smile:

Cairo94507 said:
Man....thank goodness I am married. Would not want to be thrown into the fray again. Good luck with that dating thing.

I second that! I remember the drama of dealing with women. Wizkid sounds like he has it down to a science and I will agree with him that the hotter they are the crzier they can be. I have met some really pretty women who were only approached by jackasses because most men were intimidated by them and even though they were smokin they needed a lot of attention in order to be happy. Rule of thumb, the more of a diva they are (perfect hair, clothes nails, eybrows, makeup, and expensive accesories) the higher maintenance their egos are. High maintenance women are hot, but a lot of work.

Back