• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What was your favorite car(that you owned)?

ExcursionLift.jpg

My Excursion not because of what it is but where it has taken me.

I have had many road trips in her and created TONS (literally) of memories.

Not to mention having such a large truck has its benefits :tongue: and that is all I am saying :wink:

Scorpion1.jpg

One of my favorites. A 1976 Lancia Scorpion that had an 16v Abarth motor with dual Weber carbs. Even though it only had about 130hp, it was mid-engine and was loud as hell.

I can honestly say my NSX is my favorite so far. But, going back to my first car in HS, I'd say my favorite was my 1991 MR2. I really regret selling that car in 1998...

Good topic - love thinking about my cars - the NSX is for sure my favorite of all time; but looking back, the MGB, TR6, Javelin, Porsche 914, Datsun 1600 Roadster, Miata, 280Z, MR2 were all fun cars (sprinkled in there were a mirad of "family" cars (BMW 525, 328is, Acura TL, couple of Lexus's) -- but my two favorite fun cars were Fiats. My first car (like a first love :wink: ) was a 71 Fiat 850 Spider -- 49 cubic inches mounted rearship - looked (to me) like a Ferrari. I was flippin hamburgers at McDonalds to make the payments. But, top down, Italian body design, and I thought I was driving an exotic! The other Fiat was an X1/9 -- brought me into the mid-engine world. Targa top, Abarth exhaust - autocrossed the heck out of it with winning times - truely a fun car. It just wasn't dependable...... :eek:

Thus, after many many cars, and many many dollars, I finally figured out that the Japanese figured it out. Thus, the current S2000 (I love) and the NSX ( I love even more). Cheers all! Jay

Okay so I started this thread because my favorite car was the CRX Si and as luck would have it I was able to find a 1991 CRX Si to buy. Just picked it up two days ago. This will be the fourth Si that my wife and I have had. This one is bone stock and in pretty good shape considering it's old enough to drink. One thing I have to say is that the drive back from where I bought it from (about 110 miles) was..... disappointing (that may be too strong a word). I suppose I'd compare it to meeting your childhood hero and being disappointed. I still love the car for what it is, it's purity, it's functionality....but the memory is better. I'm going to keep this one forever (unless something comes up) because it's not eaten away by rust and I always seem to regret selling them. Maybe someday I'll throw some money into a new paint job and full restoration. It is an antique after all.

CRX067.jpg

Other than my NSX The car I miss the most is the first one I ever took to track;

_HOP9633small.jpg

1994 Del Sol with B16A3 swap, chipped and tuned P28 ECU, full suspension (corner balanced), GSR Integra brakes, all done by me. This car was the most fun I have ever had and gave me the LEAST amount of trouble of anything I have ever owned.

I really consider getting another one some day, but it will never be the same. :frown: I'll always have the memories of destroying many big $$$ cars on track.

Thanks for teaching me so much about cars and driving.

Last edited:
I have to say CRX as well. Then Legend. I still love those two cars. Legend has a down fall. Gas eater and like to chew gaskets. Other then that its a great car. Crx that's a different little monster of its own breed. Car is strong for what it is. Owned 15 or so in my life time.

I've had most of the Honda classics, GSR, etc. but it is a toss up between my 91 300zx twin turbo and my absolutely bare bones 96 civic hatchback DX.

Let me clarify "bare bones" - roll up windows, no power steering, manual seats, manual locks, no cd player, and no tachometer (yes, it was a 5spd). Air conditioning was the only option it came with. I beat on that car in such a manner I do not think any car made today could withstand. Both front struts gave out at 66k miles (due to the extreme abuse I put it through), otherwise it had zero mechanical problems and averaged 40mpg. I launched the car on the street/track over 500 times and the stock clutch never blinked. That car taught me basic mechanics and what Honda stood for.

On the other hand, my ~425whp 300zx is still the smoothest car to 140mph+ I have ever driven/ridden in. Put the pedal to the floor going 80mph in 5th and it would build boost instantly.

That car was like my sport bikes; you didn't test its limits, it tested yours.

Re: Well, gosh, let me think about it...........duh

... It was simple with roll up windows and no power locks to break, it was only a tick over 2000 pounds which made it's 108 horse power enough to have some fun, it got great gas mileage, handled great, was comfortable, had lots of room inside for two....etc etc.

Most favorite is the race car. How could it not be?

Simple; no windows (& no doors so no locks). A tick over 1100 # and it's 185 HP enough to have some fun. Great gas milage (almost 5 mpg) handled great, comfortable...... but only room for one and I can't hang out at the In-N-Out on Wednesday nites. :rolleyes:

Honestly my NSX is my favorite, though three others have a spot in my heart... the first car I bought new: a 1964 Pontiac GTO (very, very specially optioned), my first race car: a 1957 Porsche speedster (E prod)... and my favorite race car: a T-492 Lola (Sports 2000).
All hold fantastic memories.

Forty-five years ago I was in the midst of a love affair with Minis- I owned 7 in various configurations. My favorite was one that had all the available go-fasts at the time. A bored and stroked 1430 cc engine, big webber carb, big valve flowed head, custom cam, NOS, short gears, etc. All powering a stripped down body weighing just over 1100 pounds. The power to weight was right up there with Corvettes and I could give them a run for the money on the street up to about 60 or so. It was the ultimate sleeper. I've owned a number of enthusiast cars over the years, including my current NSX, but driving that Mini always put a smile on my face. And I know, I was foolish to street race, but I was young and foolish back then.

My Integra Type R, no question.

24101_1352494085907_1038048926_1059388_7987017_n.jpg

Last edited:
My old s2000. 500+ sc hp. Slaughters my nsx for comparision in every single way except comfort of a 6'2 male, the NSX wins that one but still my head nearly touches the roof.

I had a S2000....I won't say it beat the NSX in anything.

Other than my NSX, black on black, 1994 Honda del Slow which had a B16A3 motor :cool:. It as a highschool graduation present, but I wrecked it on the highway 99 (Sacramento) due to an overturned big rig.

'61 chevy wagon w/bench seats in high school. drive-ins. beaches. girlfriend's driveways. camping. nice ride.

(the assorted nsx's, mercedes, lexus, vw campmobile, were all fun in their own way, too :)

Back