• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What wheels to get?

I am completley stumped.

I want new wheels but am just lost.

anyone have any recomendations on wheels under 1200 dollars

preferably 17 and 18 or 18 and 19 setups

wider rear wheel is always better for me

and i love concave and lips!

ESM 004
18x8, 19x9.5
Cost was ~$750 shipped for wheels only

photo_34.JPG

XXR 522
17x8, 18x9.5
Cost was $460 shipped for wheels only
CIMG0139.jpg

20110716-dsc_7000_3.jpg

Wow Thanks for the pics!

Your car looks nasty!

where would i be able to get those rims for those prices?

also what tire sizes do you reccomend with those?

Thanks again!!!!

If your budget is $1200 then I would seriously look at Enkei Wheels. I personally like the RPF1, PF01 and RP03. You could get a set of 17/18 for ~$1000 or so.

I agree with synth. Don't put some cheap wheel on the car. What do you have now?

i have the stock 16 17 wheels

they have some rough shape.

i can honestly not tell the difference between cheap and expensive wheels.

i can honestly not tell the difference between cheap and expensive wheels.

Most people can't either. :wink:

Anyway, as long as the wheel is VIA & JWL certified and absolute performance is not your highest priority, I think you'll be fine with just about any wheel that fits correctly.

OEM are high quality.. but they're... how do you say it?... they're OEM. :tongue:

Enkei is an excellent value wheel. Priced well for a spun formed wheel. This is a step up in quality from the standard Cast wheels used on 97% of all cars on the road (the XXR and the ESM wheels are cast), but still a step down from the factory Forged NSX wheels.

Adrian stop pushing cheap ass wheels on everyone... LOL...

I just don't know why someone would take a perfectly good OEM part and replace it with something inferior. Isn't that what we accuse "ricers" of? We laugh at them because they took a good car and cheapened it with their shitty parts. How are wheels different? Why would or take a lightweight forged wheel and replace it with a cheap, cast, heavier wheel? Because the ricer guys will also tell you they do it because "it looks cool".

Don't be a ricer LOL...

I wonder what makes quite a few people trying to sell those ESM wheels now, when a few months ago, people just couldn't buy it fast enough for $650 a set.

I wonder what makes quite a few people trying to sell those ESM wheels now, when a few months ago, people just couldn't buy it fast enough for $650 a set.

Maybe the finish is peeling? LOL... $650 for 4? You serious? We are still driving NSX's... Right?

Adrian stop pushing cheap ass wheels on everyone... LOL...

I'm all about getting the best value. It's the asian half speaking out... I love Target and their Up&Up brand and Costco's Kirkland brand.

If Kirkland made a wheel, I'd probably buy it. :biggrin:

what tire sizes do you reccomend
16"/17":
205/45-16 and 245/40-17
215/45-16 and 245/40-17
215/45-16 and 255/40-17

17"/18":
215/40-17 and 255/35-18 ('94-05 NSX)
215/40-17 and 265/35-18 ('91-93 NSX)

18"/19":
215/35-18 and 275/30-19 - However, I don't recommend 18"/19" fitments if you are concerned about performance, because none of the really sticky tires are available in these sizes, so you will be sacrificing performance with these sizes.

thanks guys for the help!

I love this new family!

I am about to purchase the ems lm bbs replica 18 19 rims that are shown in the second post.

Anyone have any reasons why i shouldnt buy them? problems with fitment, tires, etc....

i read through that whole thread about them and people seemed to be happy with them.

i know i will need spacers for them too:tongue:

I'm all about getting the best value. It's the asian half speaking out... I love Target and their Up&Up brand and Costco's Kirkland brand.

haha

This is exactly me! Best value on everything!Cheap Ebay stuff Rules!:biggrin:

nxtsy thanks for your help i honestly do appreciate it. As you may already know i bought a auto nsx with a targa i think this is the slowest nsx to ever be put into production. haha

I hope you understand my reasoning for not purchasing high performance rims and tires. Im not trying to give acura nsx's a bad name.

MY targa NSX=15k I am not going to buy rims and tires for 5k. haha

that would be rice and would make me like the civic owners that pay 3k for wheels while their car is worth 500 bucks.

For someone like me who doesn't care much for performance in this targa top auto car. The durability of the wheels doesnt matter to me. If I want to drive fast I have a dodge viper i take out. This is just a cool cruiser to me.

one car for speed and one for looks.

not saying nsx is slow........

Last edited:
That's fine. Different folks have different reasons, different priorities, different ways of using their cars.

Still, I think you should do research on tires and sizes etc before you buy a set of wheels. Too many people buy wheels without considering tires, only to find that the tire sizes their car needs either aren't available, or they won't fit on the wheels they already bought. For example, the most common 18" and 19" tire sizes on the NSX are 215/35-18 and 275/30-19. 215/35-18 usually needs to be mounted on a rim 7.0-8.5" wide, and 275/30-19 on a rim 9.0-10.0" wide. I would not buy 18"/19" wheels for an NSX unless their widths are within these ranges. Also make sure they are designed for an NSX, with different centerbores front vs rear, different offsets front vs rear, etc.

thanks for understanding nsxtsy.

I respect you because i can tell you are a big part of this community and that you know your nsx pretty well.

I have heard the ems wheel will fit the nsx. The rims are 18x8 in the front and 19x9.5 in the rear. So it looks like they are in the range you mentioned.

I did see wheels at Costco.com. They get good reviews... I probably shouldnt have told you. LOL

Allright chicagobulls, get your cheap wheels and we will pretend that they aren't. We won't rat on you, you are part of the NSX community. Your secret is safe with us. Especially if there's a hot chick around I will never pull her to the side and tell her what a cheapskate you are unless she's talking to you more than to me.

Allright chicagobulls, get your cheap wheels and we will pretend that they aren't. We won't rat on you, you are part of the NSX community. Your secret is safe with us. Especially if there's a hot chick around I will never pull her to the side and tell her what a cheapskate you are unless she's talking to you more than to me.

Hahaha!

Well thats alot of girls youll have to tell i am a cheapskate!:tongue:

And synth I am planning on getting the West Wings body kit so do you think I would still have to lower it?

And also how much would you think to lower it? 1 inch? 2 inch? more?

I think the 18/19 combo looks much better with a body kit of some sort.

A body kit or lip kit isnt going to make your tire to fender gap disappear...

Back