• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What wheels to get?

Hahaha!

Well thats alot of girls youll have to tell i am a cheapskate!:tongue:

And synth I am planning on getting the West Wings body kit so do you think I would still have to lower it?

And also how much would you think to lower it? 1 inch? 2 inch? more?

I think the 18/19 combo looks much better with a body kit of some sort.

Eliminate all fender gap and you'll be golden. But if you don't want to go that aggressive, maybe some springs that lower the car with about 1 finger width gap at the most. It's all personal preference, but lowering the car is a must after you upgrade the wheels, or your car will look like a 4x4 truck!

PS- What are you gonna do when all these mods you are getting add up to the entire value of the car. :tongue:

I think this is an "acceptable" drop.

low1.jpg

Assuming OP won't get coilovers, what springs can accomplish a similar drop?

H&R springs? Don't a lot of people like the BC Coilovers? What about bilstein and H&R?

ESM 004
18x8, 19x9.5
Cost was ~$750 shipped for wheels only

photo_34.JPG

Above is the Wings West kit (with Downforce 02 style rear) with the 18/19 ESMs lowered on the Eibach Pro-kit springs (also have the Bilsteins installed, but on the OEM upper perch).

Below is the same setup, except with my Work Wheels:
NSXPO2010.jpg

Last edited:
I have heard the ems wheel will fit the nsx. The rims are 18x8 in the front and 19x9.5 in the rear. So it looks like they are in the range you mentioned.
Just remember those other factors, like the proper center bore and offset. (This is why buying wheels from a dealer that is familiar with the NSX, and/or guarantees proper fitment and has expertise like the Tire Rack, is beneficial.)

Just remember those other factors, like the proper center bore and offset. (This is why buying wheels from a dealer that is familiar with the NSX, and/or guarantees proper fitment and has expertise like the Tire Rack, is beneficial.)

Tire Rack has the specs, but they are extremely conservative in their fitments (most wheels they recommend are narrower than usual, with higher than usual offsets - basically perameters close to OEM). Not to say that is bad, it just doesn't fit the look most people are going for today (or the look most OEM cars have today).

Tire Rack has the specs, but they are extremely conservative in their fitments (most wheels they recommend are narrower than usual, with higher than usual offsets - basically perameters close to OEM). Not to say that is bad, it just doesn't fit the look most people are going for today (or the look most OEM cars have today).
For many people, that may be preferable to the risk of buying a set of wheels elsewhere, only to find that they don't fit (or they vibrate because they don't have the proper center bore), and to then find they're stuck with the wheels because some places won't guarantee fitment and won't accept returns. Caveat emptor.

Oh, and Tire Rack isn't the only place where you don't have to risk getting stuck with wheels that don't fit right. Science of Speed has 30+ different wheels available for the NSX, and I'm sure they know what fits the car and what doesn't.

Yes I think these will be my mods.

west wings body kit= 850 plus 650 paint and prep.= 1500

lm wheels and tires= 1400

drop=800

spoiler=600

car=15000

total=19300

19300= badass ride!

You bought it for 15K?? Was it wrecked?

Back