• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What would you pay for an NSX with 215k km?

710 said:
Anyway, kitchen or reserve NSX? Hummm, difficult choice.

Common, who needs a kitchen?! Get a pizza service for some months (and maybe a lawyer for the diforce)! :tongue::D Sorry about my comment. :)

Seriously: Your argument about a crash could be correct. But on the other hand if a car has been crashed they could send it to Poland or Slovakia and fix it there and bring it back.
Personally I don't THINK the car had a major crash in his whole live. The owner was just tired of driving this car or was young enough and could not pay the bill posed by the clutch as they state it's new. Ok, I would be cautious here, maybe only the discs are new, always being not too optimistic I know. :D As it was quite dark when I saw the car I must inspect it more carefully once again. I took pics of the underside of the car and everything but inspecting it in person is a different thing.
The left rear has been painted and is not perfectly fitted on to the car that's for sure. But I think it's easy to correct that (2-3 mm). The right rear fender is ok. But you'll never know what happened in the past 14 years. Don't know if the car has been tracked or driven in snow. Some areas are quite dirty but of course I'm very picky on this. The front has been repainted, no wonder at 215k km. I'm not sure if there has been sth on the left fender and the bumper too. From the crash-point of view I've seen MUCH worser cars with much less milage, one had 40k and one had 99k km. Both were heavily rear-ended. The later one went to Finland I think. You can't have a heavy rear-end crash on an NSX without any signs that remind you of it afterwards.

If you're really interested I have a deeper look into it or a test-drive. If you like to have the already taken pics send me a pm. Please build you own opinion as I can't guarranty anybody my infos/believes or whatever. :)

goldNSX said:
Common, who needs a kitchen?! Get a pizza service for some months (and maybe a lawyer for the diforce)!
LOL!

The car has been driven by a Honda-driver who drove an NSX the first time in his live. From what he said and to keep an eye on:

(all) BOSE speakers defect
1st gear was only possible to shift in with force
Metallica :))) sound from the engine bay not sure what it was
clutch seams worn (!) reported by the driver
timing-belt at 180k done
clutch at 160k done
NO service in booklet between 75k and 150k

I have a look myself on saturday to find out more about the metallic sound.

Wow, it was sold fast, just as you assumed :)

Good luck to the new owner. I'm sure he will enjoy it! What a bargain...

hi!

I just bought this beautiful car. Here a test report of an NSX knowledge person, at least I think I am, hehe!

The BOSE System is in all NSX defect or is getting defect with time, you can get a new set of 3 amplifiers for 450 euro from Detlef in Germany :) . The clutch is good, I drove 600km back home sometimes at Vmax and drove it a few times real hard with aggressiv downshifts, etc, clutch is perfect and has not slipped one time. Shifting on my 56000km NSX is a bit easier, thats true, but maybe this tranny only needs some new MTF 2 oil :) ......but I had no troubles to switch thru the gears.

I lifted the car to check it and there is NO oil leaking and no damage to the chassie at all.

The paint is in good condition for its milage. Rear bumper need a new paint, looks it got hit slightly cause there are haircracks with settled dust in it and front lower bumper has plenty of stone hits, but I think thats common with that km on it.

The noise is not coming from the tranny, it is just a wheel bearing, me and my mechanics checked that too already.

All this is easy to repair and for that what I want to do with the car it is perfect :) (Turbo + wide body). So the engine and most of the other stuff (suspension, brakes, etc) is going new. I got it for 23500 franken, thats 14700 euro. Quick deciding people and cash are always welcome to dealerships :) ....I also liked the seller guy, cool person and very helpfull and friendly.

p1030694.jpg__scaled_1024.jpg

p1030695.jpg__scaled_1024.jpg

p1030696.jpg__scaled_1024.jpg

p1030697.jpg__scaled_1024.jpg

p1030698.jpg__scaled_1024.jpg

p1030699.jpg__scaled_1024.jpg
[/quote]

austrian type-R said:
The BOSE System is in all NSX defect or is getting defect with time.

Absolutely true. You can find a 1992 NSX with 10K km on it, it would still need new amps.

austrian type-R said:
Shifting on my 56000km NSX is a bit easier, thats true, but maybe this tranny only needs some new MTF 2 oil ......but I had no troubles to switch thru the gears.

Any clutch on even the same car feels different, besides, maybe there's some aftermarket clutch in it, who knows.

austrian type-R said:
I got it for 23500 franken, thats 14700 euro.

Thats an absolute steal. Even if the car has some hidden cost, its still pretty cheap.

austrian type-R said:
The seller guy <<--->> cool person and very helpfull and friendly.

thats the same thing ;-)

Hope you enjoy that NSX, sure is incredible value for money.

Mich

Austrian type-R;

Congratulations! Great to see it ended up here on Prime :)

Klayton;

Too late yes... I wasn't sure of the red colour so that also kept me a little bit back... But I'm happy the car came to prime at least :tongue:

Back