• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's best for black???

Been a while since my last black NSX and was wondering what polish wax combo works best?
Thanks

I have good luck with 3M compound and ultra fine polish with appropriate pads on my DA buffer. Then a pure carnauba wax, I tried Griot's Best of Show this last time. It worked pretty good.
2u4ejy7y.jpg

dubyvehu.jpg

This was the results, not too bad.

I can vouch for Brian's car above. It looked great in person at the show above.

I use wolfgang concours series products. They work well for me and give a deep professional looking shine.

I can vouch for Brian's car above. It looked great in person at the show above.

I use wolfgang concours series products. They work well for me and give a deep professional looking shine.

Thanks JoseJA1979,

I checked out the Wolfgang stuff that you sent me a link on. It looks really nice as well!! I've never thought to spend that much on wax before. But I'm thinking about getting a sample to try once I'm out of the best of show Griots.

Thanks 91 X,

The key on mine is more with the buffing and polishing first to get the swirls and surface scratches out. The wax is just to seal it in. Oh and that the front half of the car was repainted a year ago to get rid of chips.

If you've never used a DA buffer I would recommend trying it on your daily driver first.

Last edited:
The best thing to me about the Wolfgang stuff is I don't have to worry about getting any of the products on plastic like most other waxes/polishes. No white residue to clean up. Heck I don't even tape any edges.

After you've done your paint correction with your choice of polish ( i prefer the Menzerna line) then lay down a sealant (Wolfgang is very good) and then apply one or two thin coats of a good Carnuba wax. Your finish will have a glossy. highly reflective wet look.

Back