• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

whats the best choice in blow off Valve

baynsac

whats the best choice in blow off Valve for low boost application?

-blow off valve - Tial , Greddy or hks , welded on

ALso how Important is it to do Ceramic coating hotside components ?

A BOV is purely personal choice , they all function the same for the most part , there are some features designed into some that make them diferent in some small way but for the most part it is just looks and sound.

Unless you are flowing ahuge amount of air of course (very high HP) then you may run into issues where the smaller valves cannot flow enough .

It is really not that important at all, I did it mainly for asthetics (and because I don't care how much stuff costs...) , there is the heat retention benefits but you need to decide wether you want to pay for it.

hmmm, my bro used a tial on his s2k and it was ok. The hks ssbov was used after and sounded better. I also used the hks on the rx7 and loved it. Not sure if the tial compared to the hks will do any different gains or losses. I perfered the hks though. My 2 cents.

hmmm, my bro used a tial on his s2k and it was ok. The hks ssbov was used after and sounded better. I also used the hks on the rx7 and loved it. Not sure if the tial compared to the hks will do any different gains or losses. I perfered the hks though. My 2 cents.

I don't know what kind of boost pressures you were running but I have had more than a few HKS units fail on customer's cars over time. Sure. 8lbs - 18lbs is fine. If I remember all of the cars they failed on were running 28+lbs

I don't know what kind of boost pressures you were running but I have had more than a few HKS units fail on customer's cars over time. Sure. 8lbs - 18lbs is fine. If I remember all of the cars they failed on were running 28+lbs

I wonder what part of the HKS failed? I would think that if you were running 28psi , you would not want an hks anyway , it is not capable of flowing that much air, that is why they make the racing bypass valve.

I still have never seen an HKS valve actually fail. I would like to know how it happened.

whats the best choice in blow off Valve for low boost application?

-blow off valve - Tial , Greddy or hks , welded on

ALso how Important is it to do Ceramic coating hotside components ?

Tial for me but its like so many perf parts everyone has a favorite.

I prefer the HKS SSQ. By design it doesn't need any adjustment and will open at low and at high boost, and will not leak.

Tial BOV's seem to be the favorite among most people, but since there is no adjustment on the BOV itself, you are forced to either run a low spring or a heavy spring depending on the boost you want. That leaves you with a BOV that will either not open at low boost (when you have a heavy spring to hold high boost), or with a BOV that will blow open under high boost (using a lighter spring to prevent compressor surge down low).

I prefer the HKS SSQ. By design it doesn't need any adjustment and will open at low and at high boost, and will not leak.

Tial BOV's seem to be the favorite among most people, but since there is no adjustment on the BOV itself, you are forced to either run a low spring or a heavy spring depending on the boost you want. That leaves you with a BOV that will either not open at low boost (when you have a heavy spring to hold high boost), or with a BOV that will blow open under high boost (using a lighter spring to prevent compressor surge down low).

You are completely wrong with how the Tial BOV works. The spring you select is based on how much vacuum the engine pulls and not how much boost you plan on running. the BOV will never open under any boost level with any spring in it. this is because it has 2x more surface area for the air to press against(+the spring pressure) from the intake manifold side when your throttle body is open. with a properly sized spring the BOV will be just open at idle with the engine vacuum just barely overcoming the spring.

Last edited:
Back