• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

I know, I know, I know...I'm bringing up an old thread, but I was hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

I'm searching for an old automotive article that did a review of the NSX. Somewhere in the writer's discussion about how many people still didn't fully understand the NSX, he commented how he had overheard two businessmen walking past one, one really liking the NSX, under the other chimed in with an air of superior knowledge, exclaiming to his gushing buddy, "You do know that all of those are just kits cars, right?"

I would LOVE to locate the article, but Google is useless...anyone...?

Overheard a dad correcting his son who thought my 1995 NSX was a Corvette. "Nope. It's a Dodge Stealth - awesome car." This despite the Honda badge on the front and rear...

I'm badge swapped for Honda, so I tell folks that ask that it's the brand new 2022 Civic Coupe. Many tell me they're going to head over to the dealer to check it out. I tell them to be sure to ask for the Zanardi edition.

But I was amazed at a recent Formula SAE event. (university students) Everyone recognized it from Grand Turismo, so our anonymity may be going the way of the Dodo.

Last edited:
If you put an Acura badge on a dodge Stealth, I bet lots of kids now wouldn't know the difference till they looked it up on their phones.

I recently gassed up at an Exxon convenience store. I went inside to buy a soda and the guy at the cash register asks, "Is that a Trans Am?." I just looked at him and said, "Dude, you're not even trying."

If you put an Acura badge on a dodge Stealth, I bet lots of kids now wouldn't know the difference till they looked it up on their phones.
I've noticed that the gen Z kinda worship the car and will indeed hold their phones out, but to take pictures or videos of it. While gen X (which I am part of) will know little about it or nothing at all most of the time. And boomers and other older people do not even know Honda made cars - i'm not joking, due to EU import quotas (which I believe are gone) very few Japanese cars made their way around here. It's better know in Switzerland which is not part of the EU so many Honda cars around here and indeed people older than gen Z will comment properly on my car. While in France most of the time it's "what kind of car is that ?" (ignoring the H badges..) then "Wow Honda made cars like this.. where's the engine ?" etc.

Back