• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

What's this? do? Throttle body pics...

Poking around my engine tonight and I see this. It's attached to the throttle body but it doesn't appear to be touching it's intended part. I moved the throttle with my finger and it doesn't make contact. Based on the way it looks, it should make contact? What is this for?

Thanks,
- Zishan

photo+%281%29.jpg

photo+%282%29.JPG

cruise control maybe?? i know the main box is in the front compartment. I'm just guessing.:biggrin:

Yep, cruise control. It's ok as is. You just need a way to look at it while cruising and you'll see it touching :-)

Sent from my SGS mobile

Man, you guys are good. Thanks. I'll look at someone elses car and see how theirs looks.

I did look at the Service Manual....but no details on the throttle body.

Thanks guys,

cruise control is described in electrical starting at page 23-290

Last edited:
cruise control is described in electrical starting at page 23-290

No big deal, I was looking to solve my hesitate problem, was hoping this has something to do with it. Can't recall ever using the cruise control....so this will be on the back burner for now. :smile:

Guys,

This has NOTHING to due with the cruise control;). This is a throttle plate damper. It's job is to slow the closing of the throttle when the pedal is released. It is a low emissions feature that allows the idle to drop slower to minimize polution levels. You will notice if you hold the engine at 2000 rpm in neutral, then release the throttle, the idle will drop and hold about 1000rpm for a second, then drop to the 750-850 idle. This is the function of this little device.

HTH,
LarryB

Guys,

This has NOTHING to due with the cruise control;). This is a throttle plate damper. It's job is to slow the closing of the throttle when the pedal is released. It is a low emissions feature that allows the idle to drop slower to minimize polution levels. You will notice if you hold the engine at 2000 rpm in neutral, then release the throttle, the idle will drop and hold about 1000rpm for a second, then drop to the 750-850 idle. This is the function of this little device.

HTH,
LarryB

Larry,
Why does the idle drop slower on the drive by wire NSX's? It's almost annoying.

Mike

Larry,
Why does the idle drop slower on the drive by wire NSX's? It's almost annoying.

Mike

For the same reason, only with the DBW, the ECU handles it, since this device is not present on the 1995+ TB's. Not sure if you meant slower then the 1991-94 cars, that could be, since the emissions targets got tighter and tighter over the years. By 2000 the NSX was ULEV compliant, so above plus air injection into the exhaust ports.

Regards,
LarryB

well, i feel like an idiot. I took a guess, then was proven wrong. :tongue:
learn something new today.:biggrin:

Back