• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what's your favorite movie quote?

SFMarine0311 said:
"The Marines are looking for a few good men. Unfortunately you aint it."- clint eastwood..heartbreak ridge

Entire first sequence of full metal jacket.

"You're going to need a bigger boat." - jaws

"Are you gonna bark all day , little doggie or are you gonna bite?"- reservoir dogs

Semper Fi SF!!!

Just the visual imagery from this line made me laugh

"Yeah, two youts." - My Cousin Vinny

As for favorite quotes, I have a couple.

"Vegas, baby, Vegas" - Swingers

Anything that Special K (Seth Green) would say in Can't Hardly Wait such as:

"Yo, I gotta have sex tonight! I mean peep this - They say here ninety-two percent of the honeys at UCLA are sexually active. Ninety-two of the women in Los Angeles at UCLA walking around going, "Class... or sex? What shall I do?" Ninety-two percent, yo! Hey, you know what that means?"

or

"Why y'all gotta waste my flava? Damn! "

Great thread

I "live" for movie quotes too. :biggrin:

"We got to get bigger guns" Rutger Hauer in a something (help?)

"I ain't got time to bleed" Jesse Ventura in Predator

"Well hello Mr. Fancypants..." Evil Dead 3

The Back to the Future quotes are gold and many of the others here.

Regards

"There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio.
What is sacred?
Of what is the spirit made?
What is worth living for,
and what is worth dying for?
The answer to each is the same: Only LOVE."

---Johnny Depp (Don Juan) in Don Juan De Marco(1995)

"Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!"
---Bette Davis (Margo Channing) in All About Eve

"I'm an excellent driver."
Dustin Hoffman (Raymond Babbitt) in Rain Man

"There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." ---
Al Pacino (Michael) in Godfather Part II

"Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever.. and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you."
--- Meet Joe Black

"Well, .. if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!"
---Judy Garland (Dorothy) in Wizard of Oz

"You make me want to be a better man."
---Jack Nicholson (Melvin) in As Good As It Gets

"Look, you don't know me from Adam. But I was a better man with you as a woman than I ever was with a woman as a man. Know what I mean?"
---Dustin Hoffman (Michael) in Tootsie

"Excuse me sir. Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT, because if it leaks to the VC, you could end up an MIA, and then we'd all be put on KP."
---Robin Williams (Cronauer) in Good Morning Vietnam

"May the groom's heart be filled with hope and the brides feet filled with lead."
---Kent (Mr. Trout) in Runaway Bride

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarattes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
---Dan Aykroyd (Jake Elwood) in The Blues Brothers

"Last night you were... unhinged, you were like some desperate howling animal, you frightened me...do it again."
--Anjelica Huston (Morticia) in Addams Family Values

"We will no longer negotiate. We will no longer tolerate and we will no longer be afraid.....it's your turn to be afraid."
--Harrison Ford (President Marshall) in Air Force One

"I love that you get cold when it is 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle in your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
---When Harry Met Sally.

"...someday my wish is for him to hold me in his arms, in a sea of deep blue, together at last, together as two."

-- Can't Buy Me Love

If the people we love are stolen from us,
The way to have them live on, is to remember them.
Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever.

-- The Crow

AWESOME THREAD!!! :biggrin:

Last edited:
MiamiMermaid said:
"There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio.
What is sacred?
Of what is the spirit made?
What is worth living for,
and what is worth dying for?
The answer to each is the same: Only LOVE."

Johnny Depp (Don Juan) in Don Juan De Marco(1995)

"Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!"
Bette Davis (Margo Channing) in All About Eve(1950)

OMG! :eek: The hurricane blew Mermi all the way to Michigan! Quick, splash water on her! :biggrin:

queenlives said:
(uh, sorry, wasn't correcting you... assumed it was also in the movie you cited :)

No, it was Blazing Saddles... you were right and I was wrong. Yes dear, I'll take out the garbage and go shoe shopping with you on Sunday. :biggrin:

BTW, it's a hilarious quote/scene but I hope it doesn't get lost in 'net translation as being colorist. Not the case. One of those "had to be there" quotes. :wink:

How about these all time favorites???

"It isn't whether you win by a mile or yadda yadda yadda" (don't remember the rest)
"I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time"
"Whoa, a Honda 2000!"

And if you didn't know....those were all from Fast and the Fur-ious
:biggrin:

"...but I don't work on January 8th. That's the King's birthday." Gary Busey from DC Cab. (I could have got this quote wrong, but sentiment is there)

Shaun

Ski_Banker said:
OMG! :eek: The hurricane blew Mermi all the way to Michigan! Quick, splash water on her! :biggrin:

LOL!! Looks like I may be returning to the *Sunshine State* in the very near future ! :biggrin:

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria." -Dr. Peter Venkman, GHOSTBUSTERS

queenlives said:
they go up. (one of my favorite exchanges, too)

I was hoping someone would finish that one off.

"I feel the need..."

"It's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten." You all know which movie.

DVDoughboy said:
How about these all time favorites???

"It isn't whether you win by a mile or yadda yadda yadda" (don't remember the rest)
"I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time"
"Whoa, a Honda 2000!"

And if you didn't know....those were all from Fast and the Fur-ious
:biggrin:

Don't forget "overnight parts from Japan" lol

few funniez...

"You may be the beautiful dust through which God works his purpose!"
- The Ten Commandments

"Damn shame what they did to that dog."
- Coming to America

"That's a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?"
"Austria."
"Austria! Well, then. G'day mate! Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!"
"Let's not."

- Dumber and Dumber

"Hey Ace, got anymore of that gum? (Dan Marino :p)"
"That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you to stay out of my personal affairs."

- Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

"Saayyy, nice beaver."
"Thanks. I just had it stuffed."

- The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad

"You're the disease, and I'm the cure."
- Cobra

I don't deal with psychos. I put 'em away."
- Cobra

Man, I can't believe that we're this far down on the page and I'm the first one to post this quote.

"Say hello to my little friend!"

blknsxnoc said:
Man, I can't believe that we're this far down on the page and I'm the first one to post this quote.

"Say hello to my little friend!"

Every bit of Scarface is quote-worthy!

I like this one better;

Manny "I say be happy with what we got, okey?"
Tony Montana "You be happy - Me I want what's coming to me"
Manny "Oh what's coming to you Tony?"
Tony Montana"The world chico" "...and everything in it"

ALIENS is probably one of the more quoted movies in my office. Some of my favorites involve Hudson:

"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?" -Hudson
"No, have you?" -Vasquez

"Right, right. Somebody said "alien" she thought they said "illegal alien" and signed up!" -Hudson
"Fuck you, man!" -Vasquez
"Anytime, anywhere." -Hudson

"We're on an express elevator to hell - going down!" -Hudson

"Well that's great, that's just fuckin' great man. Now what the fuck are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty shit now man... That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?" -Hudson

"*Seventeen days?* Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen hours!" -Hudson

"How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?" -Hudson
"You secure that shit, Hudson!" -Apone

"Let's rock!" -Vasquez

"Get away from her you bitch!" -Ripley

Since I just saw Office Space again the other night, here are a couple I love from that movie.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
Well, I wouldn't exactly say I've been *missing* it, Bob.

Yeah. Uh, did you get that memo?

Yeah. I got the memo. And I understand the policy. The problem is, I just forgot this one time. And I've already taken care of it so it's not even a problem anymore.

Yeah. It's just that we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports *before* they go out now. So if you could just remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right!

akira3d said:
ALIENS is probably one of the more quoted movies in my office. Some of my favorites involve Hudson:

"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?" -Hudson
"No, have you?" -Vasquez

"Right, right. Somebody said "alien" she thought they said "illegal alien" and signed up!" -Hudson
"Fuck you, man!" -Vasquez
"Anytime, anywhere." -Hudson

"We're on an express elevator to hell - going down!" -Hudson

"Well that's great, that's just fuckin' great man. Now what the fuck are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty shit now man... That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?" -Hudson

"*Seventeen days?* Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen hours!" -Hudson

"How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?" -Hudson
"You secure that shit, Hudson!" -Apone

"Let's rock!" -Vasquez

"Get away from her you bitch!" -Ripley

You forgot one of the best!
"In case you haven't been keeping up with current events, we just got our a$$es kicked"

"Holy shit! Look who got beat with the ugly stick. Is that you Bob?" Vanessa - Reese Witherspoon/Freeway

"The pen is blue, the pen is blue, the goddamn pen is blue!!!!" Fletcher - Jim Carrey/Liar Liar

"I'd like to think that the last thing that went through his head, other than that bullet, was how the hell Andy Dufresne ever got the best of him." Red - Morgan Freeman/Shawshank Redemption

FREEEEE-DOMMMMMM!!! William Wallace - Mel Gibson/Braveheart

Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. Fletch - Chevy Chase/Fletch

-j-

Last edited:
Back