• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whattya think of my new DRL LED lights?

Just got these bad boys installed!

Whole thing cost me less than $50.00!

I gotta figure out how to set the date on my camera!

Attachments

• 101_1027.jpg
    101_1027.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 488
  • 101_1019.jpg
    101_1019.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 547
  • 101_1024.jpg
    101_1024.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 415
  • 101_1025.jpg
    101_1025.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 394
  • 101_1021.jpg
    101_1021.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
i honestly think the led strip version that s4play sells looks much better/cleaner on the 02+ na2

but his aint 50 bones either

I guess nobody likes them as much as me!

why in the middle of your front lip it has that extra black stuff

like in the middle of the front bumper and lip ?

Sorry, was cheap and looks cheap imo. :frown:

i honestly think the led strip version that s4play sells looks much better/cleaner on the 02+ na2

but his aint 50 bones either

This is the same strip that he uses just mounted differently. I bought mine for $30.

I guess nobody likes them as much as me!
Couple of people didn't like it as well when I did it 3 years ago, but now a lot of people have the led strip. :rolleyes: Just do whatever mods keep you happy with the car.

You mounted yours similar to mine:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108529&page=2
P1020805.jpg

Is that YoJack's old car?

Sure is.

i think it looks better in straight line.

DSC03152.jpg

Different strokes. I think the straight ones look more tacked-on than the ones the OP did.

I also think led drl's make the oem corner lamps look nasty-yellow-ish. Can you run the DRL's without turning on the parking lights?

They are nothing more than a strip of LEDs that I got from onzium.com.

I used the side emitting, 1 foot, "cool white" LED strip.

http://www.oznium.com/side-emitting-led-strip

They are super simple to install. They have 3m tape on the back so that is all there is to it. They can come off just was easy!

I installed these same Oznium LEDs on my 2000 NSX since I found they are the brightest out there! I received tons of positive comments when they were on my 2000.

After seeing the reviews here however, I may remove them!

How did you get those for $50? Used or new?

Ur killing me Chase!

I think NSX looks better without one be it straight or whatever shape. Looks a bit rice out and I'm asian btw.

NSX is a classic design and should be left as it is or if want to improve the look what better way than to upgrade with oem parts/ better copies. Like adding performance parts in as in the type-r parts. I've been looking at other exotics the Ferrari, Lambos, Porsche. They don't put LED if they don't come with it. IMHO it cheapens the exoticness of the NSX.

Also people wanting ferrari looking bumpers. Why can't NSX be as itself? Why does it have to imitate other cars? I like what vendors like DF, Procars are doing. They re-reproduce the Honda upgrade parts with better performance but not to the point the NSX tries to look like other brand cars.

There I said it. Flame suit on. :redface:

why in the middle of your front lip it has that extra black stuff, like in the middle of the front bumper and lip ?

It's to protect the front plastics from spidering in the very unlikely event that the car finds its way too close to any obstacle. Rob put the same on the 2000 and it doesn't detract from the appearance, I like it.

Here is a pic of the 2000 front end with the same black bumper thingie and if you look closely at the bottom of the front marker light you can see the side-emitting LED strip.

Rob, where did you get the little bumper thingie anyways?

Attachments

• front end.jpg
    front end.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
I'm not a fan of add-on LED's in general, but I think you did a good job with the shape. I am going to go against the others and say that if you are bent on having them on, then this is the best "shape" I have seen.

I'd leave them on for a while. You can reverse it and it is not a big investment. See how you feel about it.

Last edited:
Try these puppies... 10,000+ lumens in a 20" bar for $1000

Probably fit nicely in the center mounted upside down to underside of bumper

Vision_X_XIL-EP1220_Evo_Prime_LED_Light_Bar__28569_zoom.jpg

Thanks Turbo!

I'm not a fan of add-on LED's in general, but I think you did a good job with the shape. I am going to go against the others and say that if you are bent on having them on, then this is the best "shape" I have seen.

I'd leave them on for a while. You can reverse it and it is not a big investment. See how you feel about it.

The more I look at it, the more I like it actually. Do you have a pic with the LED's off?

I don't....but they are not visible from any standing distance. They fit right along the edge that is black. The light strip is black so you can't see them.

The more I look at it, the more I like it actually. Do you have a pic with the LED's off?

NSX is a classic design and should be left as it is or if want to improve the look what better way than to upgrade with oem parts/ better copies. Like adding performance parts in as in the type-r parts. I've been looking at other exotics the Ferrari, Lambos, Porsche. They don't put LED if they don't come with it. IMHO it cheapens the exoticness of the NSX.

Also people wanting ferrari looking bumpers. Why can't NSX be as itself? Why does it have to imitate other cars? I like what vendors like DF, Procars are doing. They re-reproduce the Honda upgrade parts with better performance but not to the point the NSX tries to look like other brand cars.

There I said it. Flame suit on. :redface:

Im going to say different strokes... its their car... etc etc...

that said... PERSONALLY... I 100% agree with you :)

I recognize that this is a subjective thing though (although it is interesting that you dont see the level of... "extreme"... modding on EU exotics that you do on Asian or US cars)

As for these lights, personally, I dont like them. But if folks do then :cool: Ive certainly seen much more horrifically monstrous mods than these relatively innocuous LEDs ;)

Back