• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

wheel locks?

i have decided to paint my calipers. i jacked up the car and took off the right rear tire just fine. painted the caliper and lowered the car. then i proceeded to jack up the remaining 3 sides and none of the wheels would come off. so now i have one painted caliper and 3 not painted. i have not every had to change tires on a car with wheel locks and now i have no idea of what to do. it is saturday night and no acura dealer is open to help. does anyone know how i can get the tires off. i cannot find a wheel lock key either. anyone, know how to fix this? i hope i do not have to wait until monday. thanks, joe.

car 1995 nsx

So you are saying the wheel you took off did not have a lock nut, but the other 3 do?

The wheel lock is usually in the foam tool tray in the trunk. If not there, I would check the center compartment & glove box. If it is not either of those places, you'll have to get someone to take the locknuts off. Any tire shop should be able to do it, but you'll need to get some replacement lugnuts from Honda/Acura (or other, but be sure they have the correct seat/shape).

like i said i am somewhat confused with this. i could take off all 5 of the "lug nuts"--or at least that is what i call them. and then when i went to pull on the tire for it to come off-it would not. so i cannot figure out why one wheel came off and the others have something to hold them on. nor do i have any idea where a wheel lock wrench/key would go to unlock the wheels. heck i donot even know what one would look like. i have looked everywhere for what i picture it would look like, but again i would not know what to do with it if i did find one. :redface: :confused: :frown:
any pictures or detailed info would be greatly appreciated. thanks, joe

I agree. If you've removed all five lug nuts and the tire doesn't fall off, just kick it gently. If that doesn't work, kick it hard.

Back