• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

I don't get it either. There are a few on here that have keyboard diarrhea bashing the car. Over and over and over. We got it. Move on. I don't understand why some waste so much time complaining about the same thing ad nauseam. Go to a forum where you like the car.
It's funny. He who should be unnamed goes away for a few days then like a crack addict, has to come back and start bashing away.

That's because the R35 out-accelerates a AMG GT, R8, and NSX 2.0 for 99K list and can be bought for $85K brand new these days. I own a 2016 and for the money nothing beats its 2.8-2.9s rush to 60mph, 10.8-11.0 quarter mile blast and 194 MPH top speed. Plus the engine is hand made in Tochigi by one of five takumi and the tuning possibilities are beyond endless. I agree with your NSX 2.0 views, no question. But come on, the R35 is the pride of Japanese sports cars and the Japanese racing circuit. It's iconic. It attracts a large crowd every single day of the week in the Nissan Showroom in Ginza. It was designed by Shiro Nakamura to be 100% Japanese and resemble RX-93 Gundam. It doesn't try to copy anyone, it always does it's own thing and it has the street cred other cars wish they had. NSX 2.0 has the severe, apparently irreversible sales problem--R35 sales are up 30% year on year...⚡

no question the GTR is a runaway sales (and performance) smash hit. even over a decade later they're still moving dozens each month, while the NSX has struggled to clear double digits collectively in 3 of the last 4 months. whether people love or hate the car, Nissan definitely have the formula right...

Maybe these people act in the behalf of someone else like another luxury brand. :wink:

Gobble's opinion is his, and yours is yours, but i don't think he's kidding you. sure, the NSX is low and wide, but an exotic look it does not particularly possess. a Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren, definitely exotic. the new NSX, a bit pedestrian in comparison...

And there are some that think the Viper isn't the ugliest car ever made...

I'm not on here to bash the car, just wish it was better looking because I wanted a reason to buy one.

And there are some that think the Viper isn't the ugliest car ever made...

I'm not on here to bash the car, just wish it was better looking because I wanted a reason to buy one.

You've got your opinions, it's just a pretty big statement to put the NSX's styling in Camaro territory. That might be a bit overblown IMO. It might not suit your tastes, but it draws just as big of a crowd as any other exotic. And I definitely get much more attention out and about than I did in my 1st gen NSX.

For what it's worth, I'm no fan of the Dodge Viper either. I've never even sat in one. My screen name is not related to that car at all, the "viper" I used to "drive" is much faster.

Oh good. I hate that car.

You don't see similarities to this?

View attachment 154873

No, not at all. I actually parked a few rows over to one of these at the last Cars and Coffee I was at a few weeks ago. It's a massively huge car with lots of stuff stuck to the side of the car. While impressive for what it is, it's not even close to the NSX in wow factor.

Check out this post from 2012 on the VTEC forums...this guy predicted the future:

notyper wrote:
I'll say it unequivocably right here, draw a line in the sand so to speak - the green approach on a high end sports/sporty car is a huge mistake. It will cost sales and hurt profits. It will do nothing to improve's Acura's image as a premium car maker and provide no basis for Honda/Acura to develop an ongoing premium sports model that can be developed for many generations.

The decision makers at Honda are operating based upon assumptions about the market that were relevant 5 years ago. They are not being predictive but _reactive_. The impetus that pushed the market towards superficially "green" cars is already waning. In another 5 years the regulatory push towards the same will fade. Honda needs to improve their strategic planning folks in a hurry.

SC

4 wheels.....btw posting pics supports your personal opinion because all scale and perspective is lost...in person those two cars and most other standard sporty cars compared to nsx would not be in the same esthetic discussion....

the torque-fill emotor in the rear does definitely help performance..the fronts need more juice...

posting pics supports your personal opinion because all scale and perspective is lost

Then I'll post one more. Here's the car I sold in 2008. While dated, it has more exotic lines than the new one. The new one to me has bulky, muscle car type lines. I haven't looked it up but I'd guess its dimensions are closer to a Camaro than a 458. Look at the proportion of the front fender. The old car fender is probably 3 times as long as it is tall. The new one more like 1.5.

Just noticed they put a key hole in the new car's door. It always bothered me on my old one that you had this beautiful side view with a black hole blemish in the door.

Presentation1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm happy to see on topic pics:wink:.....If you could see all the stuff needed under that sheet metal of the new car for cooling/safety concerns and the hybrid tech...I'm amazed it isn't just a square :eek:....the old car so simple, lithe because it could be...

Um...then how come Michelle Christensen is officially credited with the NSX 2.0 design in all the Honda marketing materials and PR outreach...?

Just look at the Me Too movement and answer your own ?. Hint PR The LA Team(Christensen) just finished the original design.

They managed to keep nice lines in the 488 while adding a twin turbo engine...although the 458 is a little cleaner.

used-2017-ferrari-488_spider-convertible-1769-17621656-6-1024.jpg

the old car so simple, lithe because it could be...

in hindsight, and in light of current sales, it would undoubtedly appear that's the way this one should have been also.

personally i don't mind the hybrid tech at all, and have no issues with the idea. but myself and the few owners of the car seem to be the only ones...

I like the hybrid tech. I'm on my second Volt and love the car. Not thinking I'm saving the world buying a battery powered car, but like the instant acceleration and just being different.

in hindsight, and in light of current sales, it would undoubtedly appear that's the way this one should have been also...

I think the NSX 2.0 has a lot of problems, but the hybrid tech isn't necessarily one of them. How they implemented it might be, I personally think they were WAY too cautious about it and should have gone bigger e-power. The idea and innovation though, no - I think that is what makes the NSX2 a real car of the future in the same way the NSX1 was a car of the future.

p.s. if you think the camaro and the NSX look anything alike, you are spending too much time looking at pictures on the internet and not cars in real life.

I think the NSX 2.0 has a lot of problems, but the hybrid tech isn't necessarily one of them. How they implemented it might be, I personally think they were WAY too cautious about it and should have gone bigger e-power. The idea and innovation though, no - I think that is what makes the NSX2 a real car of the future in the same way the NSX1 was a car of the future.

in hindsight, and in light of current sales, it would undoubtedly appear that's the way this one should have been also.

personally i don't mind the hybrid tech at all, and have no issues with the idea. but myself and the few owners of the car seem to be the only ones...

as i said in the second part of my post, which you didn't quote, i have no issues with the tech either. that isn't a detraction for me about the NSX. only the implementation and hyping of it without the performance benefit. i love what Ferrari, McLaren and Porsche have done with it. and i love how, especially Ferrari, made mention that they only implemented the use of battery/electric power purely for the benefit of improved acceleration and performance. as you said, Honda was way too conservative, as they typically are.

Prius' are made for keeping the air clean, not Supercars...

One thing is for sure, Volks/Audi certainly have proven they don't give a fiddler's f--- about keeping the air clean! Nobody should be giving their money to these criminals.

i'm wondering if looking for comparisons find some other pics than gray NSX (obviously not the bset pics) car sitting inside a dealership
IMO the new car is much more exotic looking than the old gen.
also 458 > 488

IMG_6013.JPG IMG_6094.JPG

Last edited:
#150 out of 249 for 2005....one of the last of the best (IMO)

DSCN2695.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2698.jpg
    DSCN2698.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Back