• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

means they are not selling mate... :wink:

Non-sales don't tell you where "market price" is. Need completed transactions for that. It does suggest that the reservation prices are set too high. As I have noted before, it would be odd for a "real" buyer to attempt to "win" an EBay auction for a car with a reservation price that has been re-listed many times. That tells you that the listing is really an Ad, and you should call the dealer and see what deal can be worked out.

No way the dealer is setting the EBay reservation price at the lowest price they would actually accept.

The cars in dealerships will not sell at or even near list price because who in their right mind is going to settle for someone else's spec when the beauty of the car is that you can configure your own.
This means that in the US prices of cars already built must fall.
The same isn't true for the rest of the world where AFAIK there is no showroom stock - everything is built to order and delivered, as was the original intention.

???? I'm just pointing out that listings on Ebay don't yield a lot of information.

I don't need to make excuses, because I am a happy owner. I don't need validation. Just trying to push back on some of the more specious arguments floated here.

"non sales" tell you there are no sales.

But it is highly amusing reading how you guys rationalise everything with all the different excuses. By all means, carry on... :)

the nsx is the crown jewel of the acura lineup.I would give my eye tooth to own one.you guys keep occlusing each other of missing the market forces at play.we are on the cusp of understanding the amalgamation of systems that make this a true hybrid.I am salivating at the chance to drive one of these.After which I can better drill down on the wisdom of buying such an amazing machine.....

the nsx is the crown jewel of the acura lineup.I would give my eye tooth to own one.you guys keep occlusing each other of missing the market forces at play.we are on the cusp of understanding the amalgamation of systems that make this a true hybrid.I am salivating at the chance to drive one of these.After which I can better drill down on the wisdom of buying such an amazing machine.....
Lol! Doc, have you and vf2ss been hanging out lately and reading dictionaries? Post #1525 ...:wink:
How come you always get hall passes to post what ever you want?:biggrin:

Lol! Doc, have you and vf2ss been hanging out lately and reading dictionaries? Post #1525 ...:wink:
How come you always get hall passes to post what ever you want?:biggrin:

simple...I know the headmaster.

I must apologize for I have been under the mistaken impression you were an anti-dentite.........

Very true. I think we should all lighten up a lil. Thanks for the laugh!

???? I'm just pointing out that listings on Ebay don't yield a lot of information.

I don't need to make excuses, because I am a happy owner. I don't need validation. Just trying to push back on some of the more specious arguments floated here.

oh, I know. I don't care any more than you do, except for entirely opposing reasons.

it's just quite humourous for some of us to watch all the excuse making for why the car is a bit of a flop (or even a full flop if you will?). it's just a car, some people love it, most don't. at least that's what the market tells us...

Sorry for this Chris, I enjoy your posts as your one of the few new owners here, probably the first to post. But didn't you already post that you need more power already on the nsx platform? I mean, that wouldn't make someone unhappy. But most people who buy 200k plus cars usually don't tinker with cheap parts from Japan or engine tuning that voids all warranties. One thing I still cannot understand, is how the f@ck Audi has a 200k super car that does 10 second quarter miles and 0-60 in 2.5 seconds on a NA motor? I am still in shock. That to me is some mother f@cking engineering right there!

I always want more power, don't you? I have a 700HP F10 M5, 700HP 997 Turbo and a 650HP (bone stock) C7 Z06, so I am not easily impressed with thrust. If my impression was that the NSX chassis could NOT handle more than stock power, then THAT would be a criticism!

As an aside, I just don't like the look of the new R8. Looks boring and dated when sitting next to NSX, IMHO. Agree that drivetrain is impressive, although I've not had a chance to drive one in anger.

I always want more power, don't you? I have a 700HP F10 M5, 700HP 997 Turbo and a 650HP (bone stock) C7 Z06, so I am not easily impressed with thrust. If my impression was that the NSX chassis could NOT handle more than stock power, then THAT would be a criticism!

As an aside, I just don't like the look of the new R8. Looks boring and dated when sitting next to NSX, IMHO. Agree that drivetrain is impressive, although I've not had a chance to drive one in anger.
Totally agree. If only the nsx had the bones of the R8. Or the R8 had the skin of the nsx. I just wish Honda ditched the hampsters that drive the front wheels and dropped a V8 in the back of that Honda.

. I just wish Honda ditched the hampsters that drive the front wheels and dropped a V8 in the back of that Honda.

.....and my anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun....

You guys are a little long in the tooth. I guess that's what happens when a lawyer and radiologist think they are comedians.

You guys are a little long in the tooth. I guess that's what happens when a lawyer and radiologist think they are comedians.

We would be ignoring you but we saw you got some type of award and posed in front of it in your office so we need to show you some respect since they sent you a little plaque.

The cars in dealerships will not sell at or even near list price because who in their right mind is going to settle for someone else's spec when the beauty of the car is that you can configure your own.
This means that in the US prices of cars already built must fall.
The same isn't true for the rest of the world where AFAIK there is no showroom stock - everything is built to order and delivered, as was the original intention.

Here's the thing. They are built to order. But they aren't going to wait for an order to build them. Not sure how it works for outside markets, EU, Japan, Australia, whatever. But for US dealers, the cars are coming at a specified window which means they have to be ordered with some kind of spec no matter who picks it by a certain time.

Dealer has X allocated for the year. Most US dealers have gotten their second car and if they are allocated more than that, then they are expecting their third car in the next couple months. But...that third car was speced over three months ago. If a dealer has a fourth allocation, that's already been FIF locked and will deliver in May. Fifth car? That will have to Have it's spec locked in probably in the next couple weeks, but won't deliver until June/July.

The point is, the dealer has to have a car speced in a certain window. If there's no buyer lined up at that time, then the dealer will just spec whatever they want. This is why there are an abundance of $200k+ fully loaded cars on the ground right now. Those are all dealer spec cars. Which means 5-6 months ago, that dealer had no buyer lined up for even their first car! Now you can all say well I wanted to buy the first car but the greedy dealer wanted a huge markup or maybe something like well I wanted the first car but the dealer principal took the car for himself. And sure that was probably the case at a lot of dealerships. But not all of them. Some were in fact ordered to a real buyer's spec, and for whatever reason the buyer backed out. This is why there are some unsold Nord Greys out there. Or some unsold non Tech package cars out there. Or some with only half the carbon dress up bits. And some dealers just flat out didn't have anyone in line to buy no matter the price.

So this leaves the dealers in a poor position. You don't want someone else's spec. But depending on the dealer, it may already be too late to even order a 2017 to a spec you choose. Or if they still can, you're not getting your car for six months. In the meantime, they have inventory on the ground already that they'd much rather sell before taking in new stock. But you want your spec...not whatever they have. So here's comes the discounting to try and entice you to just take what they have instead of ordering yet another car they might get stuck with.

Last edited:
Here's the thing. They are built to order. But they aren't going to wait for an order to build them. .....

Question,
if an NSX is customer ordered does the customer name appear on the window sticker or any other "way" (a code perhaps?) to tell by looking at the window sticker that a particular car was" customer ordered", or is the presumption that they are all customer ordered? Still, it remains a question, would a customer's name ever appear on the window sticker (who ordered the car)?

thx

Back