• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

That sounds amazing, but they did this just for the lowly sales staff from the dealership to learn about the new car. I wish they did they for customers or even offered factory delivery with a track experience in Ohio. Why they didn't, I have no idea. I think they missed out on a special opportunity there. They offer models of the car, but not factory delivery. Hmmmm

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

That sounds amazing, but they did this just for the lowly sales staff from the dealership to learn about the new car. I wish they did they for customers or even offered factory delivery with a track experience in Ohio. Why they didn't, I have no idea. I think they missed out on a special opportunity there. They offer models of the car, but not factory delivery. Hmmmm

It makes no sense to offer factory tours or delivery during the start-up of a factory.
If you ever managed a factory during a start-up you'd know why.

The last thing you need is a bunch of visitors in the plant as you're trying to sort out innumerable issues.
When the plant's been running at proforma for year then by all means show it off.

The Lexus event was for potential buyers

got some hot laps with Scott Pruett and met Kyle Bush

lexus then did track events to show what the car can do for local dealers and confirmed buyers, also a real nice time

Honda has been doing this awhile. They know how to set up a factory and have it run smoothly. There are lots of videos of tours being given before production was even up and running. A few guys a day, that are actual buyers, coming through shouldn't bother anything.

Expect plant tours in October

they will be happening

acura had to figure out how to keep the tourists safe and not gum up the function of the site (wait, they gummed that up already)

There are lots of videos of tours being given before production was even up and running. A few guys a day, that are actual buyers, coming through shouldn't bother anything.

Those videos of people touring PMC are media, AHM personnel , and dealer managers walking through during pre production. Once serial production started, only key AHM people get to go in the PMC now.

But they will eventually open things up for public tours once the dust settles from the production ramp up. Honda actually designates several people at all of their large factories to conduct tours. And they are custom tailored for whatever group they are bringing through there. Be it media, corporate VIPs, general public, or other groups.

- - - Updated - - -

offered factory delivery with a track experience in Ohio. Why they didn't, I have no idea. I think they missed out on a special opportunity there.

I already said why the public is not going to be on their track. But perhaps they could have done what GM did when people bought the C6 ZR1? Send the customer to Bondurant (not GM's Milford proving grounds) to get some track time. They offered factory delivery (still do). And the even offered the buyer the opportunity not only to factory tour, but to actually participate in hand assembling the engine.

- - - Updated - - -

The orientation is the thing they will be doing

i was not talking about a heavy track event

i thought the idea sukt because I have no interest in being in Ohio except for the factory tour

The majority of the classroom stuff at the event was really just the in person version of the web based training that everybody already did prior to attending. Trust me. They'll never do it again. For this car at least.

And yes, unless you have business with American Honda, there is little to no reason to be in Ohio.

Time for a good chuckle

Ferrari of Ft Lauderdale has serial # 060, a black on saddle one on Autotrader for $299,900.

This car first appeared on August 16 at the dealer Ed Voyles in Chamblee, GA

That is the highest stab and grab number I have seen.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...mt=[ACURA[NSX[]][]]&listingId=438265979&Log=0

The saddle interior looks great in the pics

- - - Updated - - -

Serial # 067, a white one is in Portland OR.

Last edited:
This may have been asked and answered before, but why the discrepancy between the Chassis Number (#00074) on the engine cover and the production number (Vin 060)?

Agreed that the Saddle Interior looks very nice. But I think they missed the boat on the Nav Screen. The ICON should be your car and not just a generic representation.

Did someone but it and trade it in at the Ferrari dealer?

This may have been asked and answered before, but why the discrepancy between the Chassis Number (#00074) on the engine cover and the production number (Vin 060)?

Agreed that the Saddle Interior looks very nice. But I think they missed the boat on the Nav Screen. The ICON should be your car and not just a generic representation.

Not every chassis that comes off the line is for the USDM. If a car is getting exported to another country, then obviously it won't get a US VIN. As we move forward the gap between chassis number and VIN will be more and more.

Not every chassis that comes off the line is for the USDM. If a car is getting exported to another country, then obviously it won't get a US VIN. As we move forward the gap between chassis number and VIN will be more and more.

Which begs the question, why even bother putting the chassis number on the engine cover? What happens if you have to get a replacement cover?

Did someone but it and trade it in at the Ferrari dealer?

Chances are the owner of the dealership bought it to flip it. That's why the ad states it's titled with only delivery miles.

A lot of the exotic car dealerships do this which makes the person who buys it the second owner. :D

Which begs the question, why even bother putting the chassis number on the engine cover? What happens if you have to get a replacement cover?

No protocol for that in place right now. Also what if someone wants to change out their base cover for the super expensive carbon cover? I would imagine that the PMC has to direct ship the part to the dealer instead of the usual parts distribution system in place.

No protocol for that in place right now. Also what if someone wants to change out their base cover for the super expensive carbon cover? I would imagine that the PMC has to direct ship the part to the dealer instead of the usual parts distribution system in place.

It's just a metal/plastic label affixed to the engine cover isn't it?
Just remove the original sticker and glue it to the new engine cover no?

What I heard recently is that if your car started with a base engine cover, Acura would not allow a CF replacement.

The idea was to avoid dealerships goosing up the prices of base cars.

If I understand the situation correctly, if your broke your CF engine cover, you could only replace it with a CF one.

Acura reviews parts orders for these cars, which are supposed to include VIN #, and can veto orders they see as fishy

What I heard recently is that if your car started with a base engine cover, Acura would not allow a CF replacement.

If I understand the situation correctly, if your broke your CF engine cover, you could only replace it with a CF one.

Acura reviews parts orders for these cars, which are supposed to include VIN #, and can veto orders they see as fishy

I see what they're saying about the point of doing this but I have
to wonder if it's good business. I think its main effect would be to
promote the aftermarket and possibly a gray market in the OEM parts.

Isn't that the way Ferrari does it?

Hahaha......"I heard" you can't change the air in your tires........your not serious

Have I been making stuff up?

I share what intel I get.

I was pretty surprised at this BS from Acura. Maybe it lasts a year and then goes bye bye. At some point a bunch of these parts get broadly distributed and they won't be able to control what is sold to who from each dealership parts counter.

Have I been making stuff up?

I share what intel I get.

I was pretty surprised at this BS from Acura. Maybe it lasts a year and then goes bye bye. At some point a bunch of these parts get broadly distributed and they won't be able to control what is sold to who from each dealership parts counter.

Who knows, some of it sounds like it's coming from Bagdad Bob!

Back