• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

I'm disappointed that so many NSX parts are becoming unavailable. Yes it always happens at some point, but this feels premature to me. Honda used to have a reputation for keeping motorcycle parts available for a really long time.

............................I do sincerely feel that my loyalty is appreciated and rewarded both in the USA and in Japan. Considering the fact that there are probably only around 6500 Gen 1 NSXs on the road in the States and the club has at any given time 10-15% of the owners as members, it has been made clear that Acura and Honda appreciate our little club and for me, that is a bonus to enjoying my track rat/daily driver 21-year-old underpowered but hand built and still a head-turning NSX.

Thanks for sharing... Your post reminds me of why the NSX experience (back when I owned one..) was great. I remember getting great support from members and meeting up on "coffee runs.." etc.. with forum members. It reminds me of the great people on the Lotus forums. I went dark after 2010 and was hoping for the same feeling as I was ready to get back into the NSX world. Unfortunately some experiences in the past few months with Acura has extinguished some of that nostalgia. Just goes to show that it takes more than a fast good looking car to keep members coming back and putting $$$ into their dreams. Thanks RSO... you and many others on here truly help all that is NSX..

Last edited:

Must have missed this... I'm not sure on this person's character but he does share some similar experiences and thoughts I have on the new NSX.. especially dealers calling now (I continue to get calls.. probably due to reaching out to many dealers online following bad face to face experiences). Don't care of the comments on speed comparisons being the issue. I am tired of hearing that it is not as fast as 570 or aventendor, etc.. It's fast enough... Not the reason it's not selling .

Must have missed this... I'm not sure on this person's character but he does share some similar experiences and thoughts I have on the new NSX.. especially dealers calling now (I continue to get calls.. probably due to reaching out to many dealers online following bad face to face experiences). Don't care of the comments on speed comparisons being the issue. I am tired of hearing that it is not as fast as 570 or aventendor, etc.. It's fast enough... Not the reason it's not selling .

no one wants to hear it, but i'd have to agree with him. he doesn't speak for NSX enthusiasts, but i reckon he does speak for the Supercar buying public...

He's not alone......

"the new NSX is just not hot, there's something about the car that doesn't really excite people. so i'm sure the people that actually own them, like them, and they talk about them, and they're excited by them. but the rest of the world isn't"

no, he's not. that's why there's 200 of these brand new, hot sellers sitting around gathering dust. end of story, this car isn't selling. anyone can chime in as many excuses as they'd like, but the bottom line is the new NSX is a flop. sorry lads, that is no longer debatable.

as i stated a while back, when i encounter ordinary people on the street, or at car get togethers in Malibu (with F40's, '67 E-Types, legit 300SL's, Enzo's, 918's, P1's, and even Leno with his F1 in attendance), at the fuel station, at a restaurant, a grocery store, whenever i have been with my 2002 NSX, people will ask me have i heard about the new one? when i ask them what they think, the overwhelming opinion is that they're not impressed for various reasons. the most prominent, is the lack of relative performance and looks. before you start yelling at me, keep in mind i am just relaying other's opinions, most of those complete strangers to me over the course of a 2 to 5 minute conversation. from the guys at Autozone when i bought a new battery for my Ford Eff-hundred and fifty, to the random guy walking past my car. that's my general consensus.

there's a lot of back and forth about comparing this NC1 with the NA1, but i'd have to say the 1991 NSX won more hearts, impressed more people, and easily outsold this new NC1. there can be talk about economies, pricing, etc. but Ferrari 488's are on a multiple year wait, as are several Porsche models, all selling at ridiculous mark-ups and no one is raising an eyebrow. Audi R8's are selling well, McLarens, Lamborghini's, etc.

it's been quite interesting seeing the back and forth as of late, from moderators to die hard supporters, to those who have completely lost the faith. there were the ardent cheerleaders who have now fallen silent.

the numbers don't lie, it would appear Honda really farked this one? i think it's a nice car (i've only seen one on the road so far), but i don't think it's nice enough. at least for the guys still wanting one, you'll get a good deal coming soon on any colour you want...

I disagree with the comment.. "lack of relative performance and looks"... the car is beautiful and the performance is fantastic. If you said , "cheap interior, a bit overweight and overly priced" then at least that would be accurate with owner and journalist comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...........back in 91 the competition was the 328-348 , lotus esprit, some rare Maserati, and the inverted bathtub 911:biggrin:......now the competition is just as robust and user friendly and similar performance......but the acura is a true multi energy source hybrid, and it can be serviced in most areas of the country, so for a short list of those unique qualities it has value......but I'm with the camp that thinks the car should be topping at 160k out the door not 200k

I disagree with the comment.. "lack of relative performance and looks"... the car is beautiful and the performance is fantastic. If you said , "cheap interior, a bit overweight and overly priced" then at least that would be accurate with owner and journalist comments.

as i said, i was giving the opinion of others. overweight falls into the performance category, and cheap interior falls under the looks department. being overpriced relative to the other stellar competition only seals the coffin...

...........back in 91 the competition was the 328-348 , lotus esprit, some rare Maserati, and the inverted bathtub 911:biggrin:......now the competition is just as robust and user friendly and similar performance......but the acura is a true multi energy source hybrid, and it can be serviced in most areas of the country, so for a short list of those unique qualities it has value......but I'm with the camp that thinks the car should be topping at 160k out the door not 200k

regardless, this car is not selling...

p.s. i don't think Porsche can make inverted bath tubs quickly enough! :wink:

yeah I like the new NSX but I don't love it, it will cost $350k NZD here when we can get one and for that money there is a lot of choice back when the NA1 came out as docjohn said there was hardly any cars to compete with, at that level of cost I prefer the 570gt Macca and I think I'm not alone. Most people with that sort of money prefer the other options and that's just the market saying nice car I just prefer that one over there instead

yeah I like the new NSX but I don't love it, it will cost $350k NZD here when we can get one and for that money there is a lot of choice back when the NA1 came out as docjohn said there was hardly any cars to compete with, at that level of cost I prefer the 570gt Macca and I think I'm not alone. Most people with that sort of money prefer the other options and that's just the market saying nice car I just prefer that one over there instead

couldn't agree more. it's a nice car, but there are a lot of nicer ones...

Can't wait for mine to be delivered. Could careless of who thinks what. :cool:

HAHA exactly....most of our new owners are by their own words loving it....the car wears a lot of hats...and 570 hp doesn't suck:cool:

Last edited:
HAHA exactly....most of our new owners are by their own words loving it....the car wears a lot of hats...and 570 hp doesn't suck:cool:

Absolutely. The new owners I have met all love the car and, really, there is nothing not to love.

I think the issue is a certain disconnect between the 2017 NSX and the original NSX community. First of all, the price point is beyond the means of most "original" NSX owners and aficionados and that makes it an easier car to criticize. Second, the dealers, once again, failed to learn anything from the first launch and tried gouging buyers for what was supposed to be a custom configured car with an a la carte menu of pricing. Third, Acura's apparent intention to market this to a more "exclusive" group of owners to raise its supercar image creates a divide between new owners and long standing members of the NSX community.

That last point might be most telling with the lack of love here on Prime (as well as lack of true "sales"). When the NSX first came out and before Prime was created by Lud, owners sought each other out on message boards (remember them?). Our little community grew and became tight knit with owners getting together, the NSXCA being created, Prime being created and an NSX "family" was born.

However, with the 2017 there is a reluctance of Acura to share information with the NSXCA as we sought to include new owners and bring together the first generation with the new generation of NSX fans. We already had an existing fan base but most were priced out of the opportunity to buy yet still have interest in the car and would love to see old and new get together. I remember when I bought my '96 in 1999 and had never met another owner or seen one "in the wild" for almost two years when I received a brochure in the mail (anyone remember snail mail?) about something called the NSXCA and an event called "NSXPO". The brochure had the group photo from NSXPO 2000 in Atlanta and I immediately joined the club and went to NSXPO 2001 in Wisconsin (where I return to my origins for NSXPO 2017 this September.........).

By Acura mailing me that brochure I became more aware of others who were owners and were passionate about the brand. This time around, however, Acura wants to "protect" the new owners and has not been willing to allow us to directly contact them. We have evolved from a community where we searched for each other to a new day where owners seemingly want the privacy associated with something "exclusive".

I have a proposal being sent to Acura to have them provide each new owner with a coupon code that will give them a complimentary one year membership in the NSXCA and we would then bill Acura a discounted rate only for each new owner who affirmatively "opts in" to the membership. We are hoping to be able to have more interaction between new and "original" owners and give some members access to the car that many have not actually seen in person yet. Hopefully, Acura will accept the proposal thereby keeping new owners "private" unless they choose to activate a membership.

But for starters, we do now have Graham Rahal as NSX Club of America new Member #3959 so we must be doing something right..........:biggrin:

I should wait to see if Acura bites on your offer before forking out $40 to join this year so I can go to NSXPO in beautiful WI

i thought Rahal sold his car

Glad my wife and I made it to NSXPO 2016. It sold us!
Seeing the car LIVE and in action and a few laps with Chin group is priceless!

I should wait to see if Acura bites on your offer before forking out $40 to join this year so I can go to NSXPO in beautiful WI

i thought Rahal sold his car

He sold his white #15 and picked up a red. He is also a Michael Shank driver in the Rolex series with the GT3 NSX.

As for joining the NSXCA, if Acura does not accept my proposal for all new owners I will personally split the $40 cost with you evenly if you will join.

He sold his white #15 and picked up a red. He is also a Michael Shank driver in the Rolex series with the GT3 NSX.

As for joining the NSXCA, if Acura does not accept my proposal for all new owners I will personally split the $40 cost with you evenly if you will join.
What is your proposal?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thanks RSO, you are in the know

the best part is deciding it's NSX driving day an putting the fob in my pocket before walking out the door

my joining delay is just laziness and that ongoing mystery of why any reasonable people would hold a meet in a sewer like Orlando

What is your proposal?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

That Acura maintain the privacy of new owners by not disclosing names/addresses to the NSXCA but instead offer all new owners a complimentary one year membership in the NSXCA. We would discount the fees which would be billed directly to Acura for each new owner who affirmatively "opts in" by joining the NSXCA and not charge Acura for any new owners who do not join. This way Acura knows which new owner took advantage of the free opportunity and the NSXCA would continue not to be privy to names/addresses of those who do not take Acura up on the offer.

my joining delay is just laziness and that ongoing mystery of why any reasonable people would hold a meet in Orlando

1. Access to a world-renowned track
2. Access to a highly qualified HPDE organization/track manager
3. Willingness of Acura to send two Pike's Peak 2017 Acura's (and a pre-production 2017 NSX) together with race drivers to the track and venue
4. Availability of affordable hospitality settings (and parking) for 250 people
5. Approval of location by corporate sponsors who underwrite our event and make the costs to members very affordable
6. NSXPOs are international multi-day events and rotate throughout the regions
7. International members/attendees really dig Mickey
8. No snow

Thanks RSO, you are in the know

the best part is deciding it's NSX driving day an putting the fob in my pocket before walking out the door

my joining delay is just laziness and that ongoing mystery of why any reasonable people would hold a meet in a sewer like Orlando

you are smarter than that......

Back