• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

I miss my hair....:frown:

I live in a hot climate and I've had multiple issues with squeaks and rattles from the dash area. I also had my window seals replaced and the wind noise is back again, although not as bad as before.

^^^This^^^...ugh:mad::frown:

So there is a know issue that can leave us stranded on the side of the road and you're not telling us?

I think DocL is very smart and insightful and you should pay attention to his posts.

He was trained in MA where I am from and there are accredited educational institutions. I don't know why he left there for FL with all the crazy folks there. (this line was totally off topic)

I live in a hot climate and I've had multiple issues with squeaks and rattles from the dash area. I also had my window seals replaced and the wind noise is back again, although not as bad as before.

I traded in a Panamera Turbo for squeaky dash and wind noise… I know how you must feel

Ouch. Curb rash already on the wheels?

I think DocL is very smart and insightful and you should pay attention to his posts.

He was trained in MA where I am from and there are accredited educational institutions. I don't know why he left there for FL with all the crazy folks there. (this line was totally off topic)
Got it. 2844. Thankfully no glitches when I was out west. That would have been really bad.

Liking 2019 bits and pieces....

I still wonder what the car would look like with a full body colored front fascia.

I hope acura will record the chassis number or vin of the cars fixed so buyers of used cars will know ....

I just got the news from Acura on the problem. Issued a Stop Sale for 2017/18 models, must be fixed before being sold. Initial customer notification should be completed by early November 2018.

Do they describe the likelihood of occurring and what is required for the repair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the second Gen FB page

OWNERS

There is an NSX recall.

I don't know all the details but what I've learned is as follows:

1) There is a potential fuel leak between the two fuel tanks so ALL NSX fuel tanks will be replaced.

2) There is a safety concern about the third taillight failing causing a hazard so ALL third taillights will be replaced

3) ALL thermostats up to serial # TBA will be replaced. Serial number is TBA as Honda has yet to determine when the supplier of defective thermostats corrected their problem.

4) In Canada, Honda is setting up regional centers and bringing all cars to these centers to be repaired by employees from the Ohio factory. At the same time any issues sent to Honda about other issues with Canadian NSX's will be dealt with then. For example my appointment is for Oct 1 (my choice of date). My car is to be dropped off at my dealership. Honda will move it the a repair center nearby and do the three items above plus some issues that I advised them about on our forum list.

5) I expect Honda USA and Europe will do something similar. Clearly the USA repair is a massive undertaking and the logistics are challenging.

6) Clearly these items have been under scrutiny at Honda for some time. Our efforts at bringing attention to our owners issues did not precipitate the recall, However I think the details contained in our submission plus comments made to Sergio and Lee by Jason and others helped bring more pressure to bear on the taillight and thermostat issue.

7) The benefit to us of all this is each of our cars is going to get a complete factory re-inspection by some of the employees who built it. And all these major and minor items we've had trouble with will be dealt with.

8) I can only imagine the angst at Honda over the past while as they dealt with NSX quality/manufacturing issues, safety recall items, failing sales, discounting prices and so on. It is a tribute to senior Honda executives that they are biting the bullet and doing this major work. It will be costing them an absolute fortune and major loss of face.

9) As far as the affect of all this on the value of our cars, I don't see much effect. Honda is making a statement that no matter what goes wrong with an NSX they will stand behind it an fix it. Can't ask for more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gas tanks, thermostat, and 3rd taillight issues don't concern me much since they can be fixed, but a constantly-squeaking dash is a dealbreaker. Or, is there a fix for that yet that doesn't involve tearing out the dash?

http://news.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=10572-en

793 NSX vehicles affected in the United States
Center high mount brake lights will be replaced, free of charge
No related crashes or injuries have been reported
Acura will voluntarily recall 793 model-year 2017 NSX vehicles in the United States to replace the center high mount brake light, free of charge. A short circuit may occur in the center high mount brake light, causing a blown fuse and deactivation of all brake lights. When this condition occurs, warning lights illuminate on the dashboard, and the engine will not restart after the ignition is turned off. Inoperative brake lights could increase the risk of a crash. Acura has received no reports of crashes or injuries related to this issue.

Acura is announcing this recall to encourage owners of affected vehicles to take them to an authorized dealer for repair as soon as they receive notification from Acura. Due to the relatively small number of affected vehicles, where possible, Acura will attempt to contact owners of affected vehicles by phone to schedule repairs. Owners of 2017 NSX vehicles can also determine if their vehicles require repair by visiting www.recalls.acura.com or by calling (844) 682-2872. Mailed notification to owners of any remaining unrepaired vehicles will occur in early-Nov. 2018.

It's not that it turns off immediately, it just refuses to restart after the ignition was turned off. So never switch it off. :D Still, quite a overly harsh reaction of the car...

Thanks, but I'm not always smart and insightful. Sometimes I can be sarcastic and misleading.

After four years at BU, and four years at Tufts, I needed to be in warm weather. Hence I haven't seen snow since 1996 when I left NYC and moved south.

A color coordinated beak......

It really doesn't enhance the front too much. I actually prefer the satin silver on my Nouvelle Blue. IMHO, a CF OEM beak would have looked better across the board for all colors. But what do we as owners know?

It really doesn't enhance the front too much. I actually prefer the satin silver on my Nouvelle Blue. IMHO, a CF OEM beak would have looked better across the board for all colors. But what do we as owners know?

Agree

I have the blue as well with brushed aluminum wheels. The Blue and silver color scheme looks good as in, a blue beak would look terrible on my car.

I had not heard about the gas tank thing at all so no idea if that replacement is on the horizon.

The thermostat solution has been kind fuzzy.

They have had a revised one for quite a while, but only ordered a small number of them (this is not recent info) to do replacements on an as needed basis.

Back