• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where did you guys get your NSX From

I am looking for a used NSX and was wondering where did you get the best deal from? I have been looking at Yahoo classifieds, Auto Trader, This Board, and Cars.com. any other sites I forgot? Please help me. My lease on my current car ends next year and I need to start looking now.

Thanks

I found mine at autotrader.com. The car was only 30 miles from my house. The antique and sportscar trader is also good. It usually lists car for the entire state you live in. This should give you more options.

Good luck!

I scored on a 95 garage queen with 4,100 miles using AutoTrader from 3,000 miles away. I found the car in Durham, NC, where it was difficult to sell and where the sales price was $6,000 less than the exact car in CA. I had digital photos sent to me, paid $20 for a Carfax title search, had the car inspected by a friend there, and inspected by the local Acura dealer ($90) before having it shipped by InterCity Lines ($1,450, inside, not exposed, to avoid hail, etc. damage). I have no regrets and feel like I did the right thing, and was proud to be an ultimately sophisticated and successful Internet-based consumer. It was an amazing experience and scary, but it worked.

Another registered user of this site (Name:L5) who lives in CA just did a similar thing, finding, buying and shipping a very low milage 95 from Henderson, KY.

Best luck.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

A relative of mine is a wholesaler, he happened to stumble upon a '94 Red/Blk with 6,100 miles that I bought spontaneously. I couldn't pass up on the deal of the century.

NSXY:

I also purchased my 95 NSX-T via the Internet, but I flew there to see the car before making the commitment. I got the car from Texas last November and also had it shipped in a covered carrier. And I too live in Del Mar. Send me some email and we can get in touch directly. [email protected]

Originally posted by NSXY:
I scored on a 95 garage queen with 4,100 miles using AutoTrader from 3,000 miles away. I found the car in Durham, NC, where it was difficult to sell and where the sales price was $6,000 less than the exact car in CA. I had digital photos sent to me, paid $20 for a Carfax title search, had the car inspected by a friend there, and inspected by the local Acura dealer ($90) before having it shipped by InterCity Lines ($1,450, inside, not exposed, to avoid hail, etc. damage). I have no regrets and feel like I did the right thing, and was proud to be an ultimately sophisticated and successful Internet-based consumer. It was an amazing experience and scary, but it worked.

Another registered user of this site (Name:L5) who lives in CA just did a similar thing, finding, buying and shipping a very low milage 95 from Henderson, KY.

Best luck.

Originally posted by NSXY:

That's right. It has 6K miles and is in like new condition. My only regret is that I didn't use covered carrier (seller was responsible and paying for the shipping but I should have paid him extra to use covered transportation). Fortunately nothing happened during transport except exterior got a little filthy. Before purchasing, I also checked the car's history through carfax and had it inspected by a nearest Acura dealer. My wife still thinks I am crazy buying a car via internet.

NSXY and JGS, yes it would be nice to get together some day (I live in La Jolla) but my schedule has been too hectic lately (only had chance to drive the NSX twice since its arrival 10 days ago). Let's keep in touch. My Email: [email protected]

I have a 91 Black/Ivory 5 speed that was originally owned by an airline pilot. This was his weekend car, and was impeccably (sp?) maintained. After 9 years and 22,000 miles, he got married and hiw new wife made him trade it in for a Lexus SUV.

Poor bastard.

Anyway, a friend is a salesperson at this particular dealership and knew I was looking for a 91-93 NSX. I got an email with a photo attached and about 2 hours later had my deposit down.

Four days later I drove it home.

EDR
91 Black/Ivory #3012

Well I found a Body of a '98 white NSXT in mint condition w/o the motor and trans for $25K. It didnt have a salvage title on it also.. it was in Ohio

It doesn't sound like it is in exactly "mint" condition w/o a drivetrain. Also, eventhough it is not a salvage title, it can possibly be a re-buildable title. Do some more research on this vehicle, it is probably tagged somehow or another. Besides, a new engine and tranny probably isn't cheap!

Good luck.

I remember hearing that a new Engine runs something like 20K, and a rebuilt tranny costs something like 3K, all of this not including labor. It seems to me like you *might* get a slightly better deal if you went with that car, but a *mint* condition car wouldnt have any reason to have the engine and tranny removed right?? Sounds a bit suspicious to me..

Well the deal is with a dealer that I know he seen the car and says that it is new in all ways.. The motor was taken out due to the owner destroying it somehow. So it doesnt have a salvage title on it for that fact. I did some homework and called comptec (they are 10min from me) they told me for $40K they can give me an engine with the SC w/o labor.. so I dont know gonna think about it.

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
I can get a use engine from Japan for about $5K to $6K. Let me know if u're interested. I'll start look it up. It will take about 2 to 3 months.

Thanks for the offer Yet I am going to pass. It would be too much of a headache to get it all together. I am now thinking of just getting one that is all done( I am not a Mechanical person ) . Besides It also need the Transmission, driveline, Electrical, Harness, ect. Alot of work...

[This message has been edited by HapaHaole (edited 02 October 2000).]

Sounds wise to me. If you know exactly what you are doing, you can work all the numbers and figure out whether it can turn out to be a good deal or not. If you don't, well... you're taking a big risk that you might end up paying way more than the car would eventually be worth.

I don't have the mechanical knowledge to work all the numbers, but it sounds to me like you're paying almost as much for a car without a drivetrain as you would for a car that has a sound drivetrain. So I sort of doubt that you're passing up the deal of the century or anything.
smile.gif

I looked everywhere for about 9 to 12 months and finally bought mine from a Lexus dealer, 95T w/<5K miles. The local Acura dealer knew the car and told me not too waste money having them inspect it as they already knew it was cherry.

Back