• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where is the best place to get a car cover?

I want to get a cover for my baby when she gets out of the shop. I would like to get the acura OEM cover for outside use. Where is the best place to get one? I am also looking for a new shift knob as my 93 is really worn.

Thanks all.

Join the NSX Club of America (you'll need to do that anyway to go to NSXPO 2002) and get your club member discount on Acura parts from Eric Milam at Niello Acura.

BTW, there's not much difference between the OEM car cover and aftermarket car covers, except for the Acura logo silkscreened on the cover. You can probably save a few bucks by going aftermarket. Various vendors are mentioned in this topic.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 07 August 2002).]

Originally posted by NetViper:
I want to get a cover for my baby when she gets out of the shop. I would like to get the acura OEM cover for outside use. Where is the best place to get one? I am also looking for a new shift knob as my 93 is really worn.

Thanks all.

I'll have to look for the info but somewhere around here I have the number for the guy who makes the covers for some of the big-name mailorder outfits if you don't absolutely need the Acura cover. He has patterns for almost every car and will make modifications if you supply measurements for the big ass wing or whatever.

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

Originally posted by nsx1164:
For outdoor use, I think aftermarket covers provide better protection than OEM.

What matters is getting the right fabric for your needs. I'm not sure what fabric the OEM cover is made of; I have an OEM cover for my other Acura and it is Technalon, same quality as the aftermarket Technalon cover I have for my NSX.

All of the websites mentioned in that other topic (see link above) have information about the differences among different fabrics to help you choose the fabric that's best for your needs.

Got mine from Beverly Hills Motoring many years ago. Fits great. Has kind of a "bubble-wrap" type feel to it which may offer a bit more scuff protection than the stock oem cover.

How is the Car And Driver car cover? its kinda like mesh jersy(basketball shorts) material. Anyone with any inputs, feel free to reply. =)

Back