• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to buy Centerforce Clutch???

Hey guys
Im new here. Just lurking for some time. Now I really need a clutch for my car. Its a 91. I want to go with the centerforce, but I see the price at Science of Speed has gone up in the past few weeks. Is there some where else I can purchase it for cheaper?
thank you

pass on the centerforce.....you get what you pay for....

Mine threw a spring, and wound not disengage....

They use remanufactured NSX OEM clutch centers, that can be week and fatigued....hence, mine throwing a spring...the OWN spring housing broke....SO.....

If you are thinking your getting a WHOLE NEW clutch you are not..Centerforce just puts their pads on an OEM center...I am running, CTSC, gears and 4.55. ....it failed after 20,000 miles...

No I ddin't abuse it, I saw the clutch and I had 80% pad life left on it, it cost me ANOTHER $3,200 to have a CTPG II put in. DO it right pay more, and save in the long run...

There......my good deed is done for the day....I didn't do search to see if others have had the same failure.

Regards,
Justin

Hi Justin -- I could be wrong, however, I think your car had a Clutchmaster's clutch installed if I remember your car right (which is prone to the failure you speak of). We track warranty issues for Centerforce on the NSX clutches, and in the past 50 or so, we have only had 1 issue, which is pretty good compared to other remanufactured or non-rebuild clutches. If I am mistaken, please drop me an e-mail with some details so that I can update our records.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Back