• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to get parts & service in Australia?

Oops, hit the enter key a little too quickly;

My 2 cents;
For Service in Sydney, you can't go past Indy in Rockdale (Tel 02 9599 9918)
I've also heard that some other guys are very happy with someone at Wetherill Park. Don't use Scotts. I will do a longer post with the whole history when I have time)

For parts, the people at Damelians are pretty eager & efficient.

Robert Lane Honda in Melbourne are the best overall of the 3 places I've tried for service.

Nordic Honda in Adelaide have been good to me for parts.

Slightly OT but for aftermarket, the two best for me have been Nengun (Japan) and Science of Speed (USA).

Oops, hit the enter key a little too quickly;

My 2 cents;
For Service in Sydney, you can't go past Indy in Rockdale (Tel 02 9599 9918)
I've also heard that some other guys are very happy with someone at Wetherill Park. Don't use Scotts. I will do a longer post with the whole history when I have time)

For parts, the people at Damelians are pretty eager & efficient.

The place in wetherill park is hannys, apperently he is an ex F1 mechanic and he also owns a nsx. very very nice guy and very helpfull.

Has anyone used Nordic in Adelaide for service? Thanks OzzieJohn for the reference for parts. Any other comments on Adeliade options?
I have been browsing the manual prior to doing some basic servicing myself, all seems straight forward except changing the fliud in the ABS seems complicated and requires a special tool. Any comments?

Has anyone used Nordic in Adelaide for service? Thanks OzzieJohn for the reference for parts. Any other comments on Adeliade options?

I used Nordic recently to refurb my clutch, and to fit aftermarket headers (top speed) and muffler (Taitec) that I had sourced through NSX prime. I was generally happy with their approach and the work they did. Not perfect - but there is no such thing in car mechanical services!

Nordic charge around $100 - $110 / hour, but that seems to be the norm for OEM based mechanical work (in Adelaide anyway). The important thing for me is, as an OEM supported dealer, they have access to all the official NSX documentation from Honda Japan. And of course they have a proper Honda parts department.

For wheel alignment we use Ross Aisten motors at Glynde (phone 8337 1811) - they know NSX suspension having done my car recently and NSX_SA's car a few times before that.

... except changing the fliud in the ABS seems complicated and requires a special tool. Any comments?

I'd ask this question in the NSX prime Do-It-Yourself forum - you're sure to get someone who has done this. I suspect it's no big deal.

The place in wetherill park is hannys, apperently he is an ex F1 mechanic and he also owns a nsx. very very nice guy and very helpfull.

yes Hannys (97255115) is very GOOD my NSX always service there, please speak to Robert, he is a very genuine mechanic, but I'm not sure if he was an ex F1 mech but I know that he used to be a HRC motorbike team during wayne gardner time.

sorry to say this but I will never trust Indy

great, but Sydney's quite a drive from Adelaide ?! :confused:

Ill take car of her while she is in sydney if u like :)

As for the F1 thing, some friends who go to see robert told me this so i dun know how true it is, either way he is a top bloke, willing to help all the time and is fair on pricing to.

Nordic were very helpful and I had all the service parts the next day. Found a thread on ABS repair and system bleeding that confirms that without the special Honda tool, the end result of trying to change the ABS fluid is likely to be brake fluid sprayed, at high pressure all over the car! Will either have to give in and let Nordic do it or make the tool myself.
Sorry Cartoon , but not much chance of the car being in Sydney any time soon and even less chance of me leaving it in the tender care of anyone!

Nordic were very helpful and I had all the service parts the next day. Found a thread on ABS repair and system bleeding that confirms that without the special Honda tool, the end result of trying to change the ABS fluid is likely to be brake fluid sprayed, at high pressure all over the car! Will either have to give in and let Nordic do it or make the tool myself.
Sorry Cartoon , but not much chance of the car being in Sydney any time soon and even less chance of me leaving it in the tender care of anyone!

eh, it was worth a try :)

Back