• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to install an extra set of tweeters?

I would like to add an extra set of tweeters to improve on the cdt braxials I have in the doors. The CDTs sound great, but they point at my leg.

I wanted to add the CDT front stage kit, but don't know the best/least intrusive place to mount them. It is recommended that they be very close to the windshield. I thought about using the little triangle door piece, but they are 1 7/8" OD which is too big.

I think I saw someone's post that mounted MBs in that area, but can't hunt down that post. I think MB makes a smaller tweeter.

Here are the recommended installations from CDT:

http://www.cdtaudio.com/stagefront_upstage_systems.htm

Maybe the cobra mount??? A pillars???

I don't want to cut or mangle anything major if I can avoid it.

Recommendations?

Hey Paul - my original thought was to use the A pillars - I had posted in the wanted section for some replacements to avoid permanently cutting the originals. I did actually get a couple of replies so search for those & see if you can still get them
Good Luck with the soundstage project

Ken,
Is there enough depth behind the pillars?
CDT is selling the front stage kit (silks) for $99 if you bought speakers last year. Normally $219 I think.
Tks for the idea.

Back