• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to obtain a left hand door shell?

My 1997 NSX has a damaged left hand (driver's side) door. The body shop (an Acura dealer) says the door shell can no longer be ordered. Do you guys have any sources for a new or like new left door?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe a 2005 fender is the same as a 1997 fender.
The 2005 fender is shown as available on the Delray parts fiche.
60260-SL0-A91ZZ PANEL, L. FR. FENDER (DOT)
Did your body shop check out a 2005 fender?

The car-part.com website is used by most of the large junkyards across the country. I've used it successfully in buying various used car parts. I just looked on it, expecting that there wouldn't be many if any NSX parts, and found nine (yes, nine) left doors for sale for a 1991+ NSX.

Tip: I've found that many of the sellers are not that technology-savvy; for example, if you send them an e-mail, many of them won't respond, whereas if you telephone them, you can just about always reach them.

My body shop guy was online while I looked. He found 6-7 doors around the country - but many of them were described in somewhat rough condition. I did not want a door that needed "repair" per se. Refinishing is expected.

It looks like one of the SOS doors will make its way to Texas.

Add: I looked at car-part.com and saw the same doors the body shop guy found. I specifically remember the one with burn damage.

Last edited:
Back