• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where would you try to sell or buy, a used motorcycle?

Loveland, CO and Trabuco Canyon, California
I've sold many of my used cars using AutoTrader.com but don't know where to sell my used 2003 Kawasaki KLX300R.

It's a four-stroke dirt bike that I made street legal, with a Baja kit, has heated hand grips and a current license plate.

I looked around the internet but didn't get a good idea of what to do. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Patricia

Last edited:
I've sold many of my used cars using AutoTrader.com but don't know where to sell my used 2003 Kawasaki KLX300R.

It's a four-stroke dirt bike that I made street legal, with a Baja kit, has heated hand grips and a current license plate.

I looked around the internet but didn't get a good idea of what to do. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Patricia

best way is to go to the Kawasaki forums, like the nsx forums. which is where i bought mine from.

Thank you, Ric, Zmoney and B2FiNiTY.

I don't have an ebay account but I've used Craigslist. I'd rather not use them for a vehicle, though. I saw Cycle Trader in my search. I'll have to look into forums. That sounds like the best idea to me IF they allow someone to post a for sale item that isn't already a member. The Crosstour forum I was on made you have a certain number of posts before you could post a for sale thread.

Last edited:
Craigslist and Local Want Adds is what I use. I would never buy a bike without being able to see it and inspect it myself. So your limited to local transactions with bikes for the most part. I never had luck selling cars or Bikes on Ebay. I have listed a lot of cars and bikes on Ebay, but it's only the real Rare stuff people are willing to fly out to buy are worth even posting on Ebay. I find Ebay to be a waste of time and resources.

Thank you, DRIFTER, for your input.

I hate to sell in a way, because as far as I know you can't get a dirt bike made street legal in California, anymore. I think mine was the last year you could do that. It's just too heavy for me anymore.

Back