• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which Big Brake Kit?

Depends if you are looking for better looks or stopping power. I replaced my Wilwood setup with the Stoptech for better stopping power although the Wilwoods look good.

I think stoptech is the best bang for your buck and they are good quality, I can get them at a great deal too.

What is your buget? For the money I hear the brembo GT aka lotus caliper works well and looks like a propper bbk.I use the indy kit which is 3500$ for two wheels but the GT can be had for all corners for about that or less.I even think tire rack sells it.Ryneen on the west coast has tracked it extensively with just the fronts,and Billy has given it a thumbs up in that config.

I have the brembo GT on all four corners. The calipers are definitely not as big as the stoptech, so they might not look that "impressive" if you are in for the look.
I believe it costs more than $3500 for all 4 corners though.

Last edited:
Keep in mind you will have a limited wheel selection or need to run some seriours spacers to clear stoptechs, but if you plan ahead and and get wheels seuch as the ADVAN RS in the correct offset or Volk CE28N HI-Pad you will be fine.

This has been discussed like a million times. You don't track your car and I am assuming you want it to look good. I would wait to see what happens with the WP Pro kit that Hijacker just bought, for your purposes it is very pretty and shoudn't be crazy expensive. Between the Brembo and the ST, the ST has a better bias for the NSX. The brembo is a bit more off the shelf. The ST kit was designed for this car. If you look at the brake bias charts you will see. Also the ST IMO is just as high quality in build than the Brembo kit but it is slightly less expensive. Angus gets great deals on them.

I still think for your blingy blue show car you should look into the WP Pro. :biggrin:

I know this sounds crazy... but take a look at Rotora. Even Billy had good things to say about them.

130_0708_21_s+rotora_acura_nsx_brake_install+rotora_big_brakes.jpg

btw... your new wheels don't look too particularly BBK friendly. The very low offset of the NSX brake rotor and knuckle combo coupled with thick bbk calipers requires a front wheel with virtually no lip so the caliper can fit. Ask me how I know... :(

Last edited:
He can post pics of the existing clearance from the stock calipers maybe? We can help figure that out I think.

I hope for $7k wheels they let him swap out the barrels.. then again for $7k you'd want a full one piece rear hub face and not have to use spacers too.

I hope HRE will set him right either way.

Interested as well to find out more info. I contacted someone that was selling wp pro brakes and they said they had a falling out due to a failure on one of their cars so that's a no go for me.

I'm trying to find out who can get a decent price on rotora but am coming up empty handed.

We could try contacting wilwood to put together a kit for Nsx's again since I know they stopped making one years ago...

Interested as well to find out more info. I contacted someone that was selling wp pro brakes and they said they had a falling out due to a failure on one of their cars so that's a no go for me.

I'm trying to find out who can get a decent price on rotora but am coming up empty handed.

We could try contacting wilwood to put together a kit for Nsx's again since I know they stopped making one years ago...

I'm interested to know who you contacted that was selling WPPro that made that claim?

Willwood makes a nice system, I also like the StopTech trophy system. However, considering how much more they charge for a forged caliper with an anodized finish (same thing that WPPro's brakes are designed as, not an upgrade), I think is a bit over the top and makes the entire system too costly. Rotora's are cast, not forged - not a fan.

So far, I have placed about 200 miles on the new brakes just on the track alone, with top speeds at 135mph and hard breaking down to about 40mph. I have not been more impressed by the results and I have had A LOT of compliments on not only the performance aspect, but also how great they look.

I'm interested to know who you contacted that was selling WPPro that made that claim?

Willwood makes a nice system, I also like the StopTech trophy system. However, considering how much more they charge for a forged caliper with an anodized finish (same thing that WPPro's brakes are designed as, not an upgrade), I think is a bit over the top and makes the entire system too costly. Rotora's are cast, not forged - not a fan.

So far, I have placed about 200 miles on the new brakes just on the track alone, with top speeds at 135mph and hard breaking down to about 40mph. I have not been more impressed by the results and I have had A LOT of compliments on not only the performance aspect, but also how great they look.

Th Motorsports since I originally wanted to get a quote.

Back