• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which Big Brake Kit?

Ksport 8 Piston 13" two piece rotors installed. They are Great. I purchased the street pads, they do have race pads but i dont plan on tracking the nsx. Perfect Fit and finish. Waited 3 weeks for the kit in black, ksport orange is the standard color. paid $1400 shipped.

imagehxyv.jpg

By lb3

I really want stoptechs but my TEs barely clear the stock calipers so how big of a spacer would I need to run Stoptechs? I would I be better off with the Brembo GT kit with lotus calipers? I wont be tracking the car its just for looks and "spirited" driving, tired of having small brakes. I need something fast as my car is up on stands now :D

EDIT: After spending the better part of last night researching it looks like the only thing I can do with these wheels is run a caliper relocation bracket and bigger rotors with OEM calipers. Anyone have any experience with this kit from Dali Racing????

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2121

fullresnsx01.jpg

Last edited:
I really want stoptechs but my TEs barely clear the stock calipers so how big of a spacer would I need to run Stoptechs? I would I be better off with the Brembo GT kit with lotus calipers? I wont be tracking the car its just for looks and "spirited" driving, tired of having small brakes. I need something fast as my car is up on stands now :D

EDIT: After spending the better part of last night researching it looks like the only thing I can do with these wheels is run a caliper relocation bracket and bigger rotors with OEM calipers. Anyone have any experience with this kit from Dali Racing????

I personally wouldn't recommend ordering from Dali - not for that amount of money. His delivery ratio is about 50%, so if you like gambling with your money - go for it.

Car looks fantastic, I would go with red StopTech's if I were you. Those would look PHENOMENAL!

I will be listing my WPPro BBK for sale soon though, if that's of any interest. Includes parking brake.

How much clearance to you have between the wheels and the stock calipers? Your wheels typically have pretty decent BBK clearance.
I personally wouldn't recommend ordering from Dali - not for that amount of money. His delivery ratio is about 50%, so if you like gambling with your money - go for it.

Car looks fantastic, I would go with red StopTech's if I were you. Those would look PHENOMENAL!

I will be listing my WPPro BBK for sale soon though, if that's of any interest. Includes parking brake.
How come you're parting out your car amigo?

I went to stoptechs website and i printed out the caliper clearance guide... there is no way they would fit without big spacers. So I ordered that Dali Racing bracket/rotors. I cant believe brackets, rotors, and SS lines was 2600! Seemed steep but we'll see. I used paypal so if they dont come or I dont like them i'll just return them.

Ksport 8 Piston 13" two piece rotors installed. They are Great. I purchased the street pads, they do have race pads but i dont plan on tracking the nsx. Perfect Fit and finish. Waited 3 weeks for the kit in black, ksport orange is the standard color. paid $1400 shipped.

imagehxyv.jpg

By lb3

That looks really nice! What is your experience with brake fade etc? How do they perform?

I've looked into ksports myself, but the biggest issue is the lack of an e-brake solution which is obligatory for me.

That looks really nice! What is your experience with brake fade etc? How do they perform?

I've looked into ksports myself, but the biggest issue is the lack of an e-brake solution which is obligatory for me.

The Brembo Ebrake and Stoptech Ebrake both use a separate bracket so you should be able to add them to the KSPORT if that is an issue. I had the Brembo Ebrake with my Wilwood setup and now use it with my Stoptech setup.

The Brembo Ebrake and Stoptech Ebrake both use a separate bracket so you should be able to add them to the KSPORT if that is an issue. I had the Brembo Ebrake with my Wilwood setup and now use it with my Stoptech setup.

Ok! But then it would almost be simpler to get a complete ST kit instead. I've heard of people getting the Viper e-brake caliper with a custom bracket which ought to be a lot cheaper?

I went to stoptechs website and i printed out the caliper clearance guide... there is no way they would fit without big spacers. So I ordered that Dali Racing bracket/rotors. I cant believe brackets, rotors, and SS lines was 2600! Seemed steep but we'll see. I used paypal so if they dont come or I dont like them i'll just return them.

Racing Brake offers a similar setup for less......

http://www.amazon.com/RacingBrake-2...14&sr=8-2&keywords=racing+brake+nsx+kit+front

Ok! But then it would almost be simpler to get a complete ST kit instead. I've heard of people getting the Viper e-brake caliper with a custom bracket which ought to be a lot cheaper?

The Stoptech ST kit does not include the e-brake (I have the Stoptech ST kit). You buy the front, rear, and ebrake all separately or you can buy the rear kit with the ebrake. It would be cheaper to do the viper ebrake with a custom bracket. probably at least $500 cheaper.

Better go ahead and file the claim now.... :eek:

That's for the fronts only. I hope to get them installed this weekend.

The Amazon kit is also the smaller 1997 OE size of 298mm (aka the "+1 kit") vs the Daliracing one which is 324mm (aka the "+2 kit").

I have this kit except in the slotted only version (the +2 kit). I like it a lot and have tracked on it numerous times.

Damn, the one im buying has the same dimension TE's as yours. I'm going with Futura Design http://www.futurabrakes.com (best friend is owner so I can get them cheap) but now I'm worried about clearance too :confused:

File a claim for what?

Did you research the vendor? Did you read the iTrader Ratings on the vendor? Go do that - and you'll see why we're saying you should probably file your claim now.

Chances of receiving the product are 50%.

Does anyone make a 2-piece rotor with a solid disc (no slots or cross-drilling)?

Thanks!

Contact GTTheory, he's a dedicated vendor for WPPro. The rotor hats can be customized in just about any color to match the calipers, and the rotor itself I'm pretty sure you can ask for solid, rather than slotted or drilled.

(It's the same brake system in my avatar).

+1 on WP Pro, such a beautiful kit. But be careful on barrel clearance on 17". I had to relocate wheel weights to clear the caliper haha. But a big plus is that you get about 7mm more face clearance than stoptechs, opening up more wheel options
793bdd78.jpg

tires? raptor?
+1 on WP Pro, such a beautiful kit. But be careful on barrel clearance on 17". I had to relocate wheel weights to clear the caliper haha. But a big plus is that you get about 7mm more face clearance than stoptechs, opening up more wheel options

Back