• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which one of you guys just traded a red 91 NSX for a C6?

Just saw a red 91 nsx over at Hendick Chevrolet, one of the sales guys told me the owner just traded it on a C6. Had a nsxca sticker on the back window.

Oh and don't ask me what I was doing prowling around on the vette lot. :D

I wouldn't blame whoever did. The C6 is awesome. If was in the mood to trade the NSX in, I'd would have certainly waited for the Z06 though. The interior to the C6 even looks good. :eek: The engine is powerful and torquey. And it performs almost as well as the last generation's Z06. Crazy.

NeoNSX said:
Tell us or we'll start giving you negative reputation points! :D :p j/k

Watch out! Those neg points get handed out like candy on Halloween. :(

That was me..Wow, word travels fast. I actually traded on a '04 Z06..I couldn't pass up the deal and it is a sweet car. It's no NSX but it does all the right things. Just thought I would try something different for awhile. There will certainly be another NSX in my future.

Dave

I don't blame you. I drove an 02 Z06 the other day and it was FAST! It was a little scary to be honest. I just found the car to be TOO BIG.

The NSX is just SOOOO much more refined. If only the Z06 motor would fit back there :D

Anyway, enjoy the Z06 and keep it under 160!

Ponyboy said:
The interior to the C6 even looks good. :eek:

Have you seen it in person? It doesn't look that great and the materials still feel cheap to the touch. It is a lot better than the C5, but I think it still doesn't match the 14 year-old design of the NSX inside.

Of course, I've seen it. And it's not that bad at all. Certainly much better than the previous C4 and C5. Still no NSX but as far as domestic vehicles, and sports cars in general, it's a big step up.

FWIW, though the pundits vehemently flog the NSX for it's "dated" interior design, it truly is the best interior I've seen. It would certainly get that respect if it came from a manufacturer with a P or F name.

DaveJP said:
That was me..Wow, word travels fast. I actually traded on a '04 Z06..I couldn't pass up the deal and it is a sweet car. It's no NSX but it does all the right things. Just thought I would try something different for awhile. There will certainly be another NSX in my future.

Dave

Congratulations on that purchase. I too woudn't mind owning a ZO6. I will seriously look at the new vettes also.

Absolutely correct about the NSX being much more refined, but IMO GM did a very good job in making a streetable track car. I was not expecting to be impressed with the car, but after spending a day with it (they let me take it) I really came to appreciate the car. I took it on some of the same twisties that I routinely drive the X on, and it was just as confidence inspiring at even greater speeds. It really does not feel "big" because the handling is so precise. What sold me is that the car can be driven sanely with a relatively comfortable ride (heck, even my wife commented on how well it rode). As far as the interior...Some may call it cheap, but in looking at the car as a track car, the interior is very functional (nice seats, HUD, great stereo, many power options, an endless array of programmable functions, etc.) My plan was to buy a '97-'99 NSX, but I thought I would try some other vehicles before purchasing...Tried a '03 M3, '99 911 C4, and a '02 Esprit...None of these made me want to get out of the X. Toss these cars from side to side in comparing them to an NSX and you'll know what I mean. The Z06 was the last car I wanted to try...It sold me (it passed the side to side test) but I will be back in the X in 2-3 years.

What did you think of the Esprit? I drove an 89 and the interior was an ergonomic nightmare.

The Z06 nearly sold me too. Best of luck.

Just pray you have enough resale value in the Vette to afford an NSX again.... :D
Did they trade you even up for your NSX? I couldn't believe the closeout prices Vettes well advertaising at a month ago.... mid to high 30's! Crazy for a car that supposed to be listed close to $50,000.

dnyhof said:
Just pray you have enough resale value in the Vette to afford an NSX again.... :D

That is what my wife said.

Basically she said my NSX will not depreciate much if any in the next 2 years, while the vette will lose another 5-7 grand. Wasn't a smart buy in her opinion.

No offense, but there's been an 01 Z06 here locally in the trader magazine that comes out every week that's had just over $30,000 on it and it hasn't moved for months. That owner had to have taken a $20,000 hit on that car. But to each their own, it's only money, and if you got it and can afford to lose it, go for it. :cool:

I wonder how much the stealership would ask for that NSX. Anyone cares to drive there and find out ? Just curious to find out how much $$$ they make on such cars. ;)

I believe it was at $29K Guy on a local website has already been down to check it out, and commented on how nice it was.Hate to see you turn her in, Dave.....Thanks again for the detail job long ago. And I finally bought the Porter Cable tool this past week, for the 944. Enjoy the vette, but don't stay away from the fold for too long!

Thanks Tom...I won't be out of the fold for long....Just had an opportunityto try something different...Like my wife said..At the rate I buy cars (every 2-3 years) why not try something different...Heck, it took me 15 years to finally give up driving Mustangs exclusively. I would still like to attend any local NSX gatherings because I've met some great people..Plus, (Tom), you need to test drive the Z06!

As far as depreciation vs. the NSX, I'm not concerned. I bought the Z06 at a great price and they gave me good money for the trade. Originally I intended to sell it myself, but they made me a great deal. Other factor: I don't buy cars as an investment, I buy them to drive and enjoy.

NetViper: You're right about the Esprit..I didn't like the ergonomics and the whole drivetrain felt strange..Very difficult to modulate the clutch. My impressions were that the car is either full on or off..No in between. Handling was very nice, but I wouldn't give up an NSX for one.

66k miles. Timing belt/water pump have been done. Bose amps have been replaced. Window fixits were installed by last owner. Car has Anytime (Borla) exhaust, Bilstein shocks, Dali slotted rotors with Carbotech Bobcat pads, RM chin spoiler, SSR rims with '94+ stock tire sizes. All stock parts were given to the dealer (rims, chin spoiler). All routine maintenance has been performed by Leith Acura.

Back