• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which side skirt would you choose if you had my NSX?

Did a quick count...:smile:

15 says OEM 02+ with door caps
8 says DF Stacy's with door cars
4 says keep it the way it is

Some had other options....like GT-One, K3000 and Marga Hills :smile: which I'm not feeling...

And then there was some just didn't know how to read my thread question and turn it around and ask me questions :confused: I believe the question was...
"Which side skirt would you choose if you had my NSX?"
1) OEM 02+ with door sills???

2) DF Stacey side skirts with door sills???

3) OR keep it the way it is???

Anyways, I'm still undecided....

I saw you went to the C&C last weekend. No I didn't go to woodland, unlike you I don't show my car much. The NSX gtg at sugar land was the only one I went to. Getting way too much attention when I drive my car, made me uncomfortable. :biggrin:

I saw you went to the C&C last weekend. No I didn't go to woodland, unlike you I don't show my car much. The NSX gtg at sugar land was the only one I went to. Getting way too much attention when I drive my car, made me uncomfortable. :biggrin:

Nah, something came up and we had to pass. Didn't get to go.We don't drive the car much either but when we do we get a lot of attention as well. Makes us uncomfortable too. I know how you feel.Anyways, See you around! :smile:

02+ OEM Downforce Side skirts will need to be prepped completely IE: Sanding, Priming, and corrections to fitment.

-WIll need to correct minor imperfections from mold release

-ensure mounting OEM tabs fit over rear of Sideskirt tabs. Dremel becomes useful.

-The gap between the door frame and the skirt is annoying. I will have to dismount the skirts this month and re-section this flush to the body. The middle portion of the Jam area is covered by your Door Sill but leaves the gap exposed on the front towards your fender and the rear about 5 inches from your quarter panel jam. This is not visible from when the door is closed. MVW posted a picture of the car right after tab correction, flushness and gap improvement. You will notice the blue tape I had to use. I also included 1/4 weather door stripping to prevent unwanted scratches on my beautiful awesome stupendous paint. :wink: while bolting them to the OEM locations with the wheel well liners.

-door caps, you will need to test fit the caps for evenness against the door and correct imperfections. They will be minor since this part is largely glass with a few layers of FRP matting. Easy to work with.

-Door cap tape comes with the side skirts in a larger roll more than you need for later corrections. Pretty much a straight forward application.

Downforce stacy side skirts:

-These will need to be fitted the same manner as the 02+ downforce.

-Correction of the gapping will have to come by way of re-sectioning-glassing and applying proper ounce weight matting.

-Door jam gapping was about 1/4 inch showing the inner OEM tabs which if this bothers you requires you to section this portion again exposing as the same mentioned above.

If you are looking for perfection without having to go through the above I would of course recommend OEM. I wish I had purchased MikeC in the for sale section. He is offering a few hundred off. Thank me later Chelu' (Mike knows)

:smile:

I totally agree here with Gil, I have installed many, many sets of DF skirts and they range from so-so to terrible in the fitment dept. - not what one would expect from a $1K set of skirts, I mean $50 china made skirts for a Civic fit better sometimes...

I suppose it is all about the person you have installing them, Gil is a perfectionist (I successful one at that) I am just lucky when things go my way.:rolleyes:

I totally agree here with Gil, I have installed many, many sets of DF skirts and they range from so-so to terrible in the fitment dept. - not what one would expect from a $1K set of skirts, I mean $50 china made skirts for a Civic fit better sometimes...

I suppose it is all about the person you have installing them, Gil is a perfectionist (I successful one at that) I am just lucky when things go my way.:rolleyes:
My skirts were perfect, but the door pc's were ass. The passenger one was OK, but the driverside.... I got so pissed I snapped it in half.

Why do we need the door pcs on the 02+ sideskirts? Does the car look funny without? The idea of using double sided tape to attach it makes me having second thought about converting to the 02+ skirts.

Why do we need the door pcs on the 02+ sideskirts? Does the car look funny without? The idea of using double sided tape to attach it makes me having second thought about converting to the 02+ skirts.

Ric

I would actually prefer this than using some sort of super adhesive like windshield rev or drilling for mounting etc.

Without the door caps the df side skirts extend out over a 1/4 inch on the bottom surround of the door.

There are some without them on the forums.

Take the advice and get the OEM, you will love it. If you want an aggressive look, you can get this marga hills that require lots of man-hour to fit. I took time to make sure that i didnt have hole on the hinge side of the skirt. I also wanted a small opening on the brake duct, I took notes from those who have this kit.

nsx_shoot_038.jpg

Last edited:
Here's another shot of the Marga Hills (mine are slightly customized). They are a lot of work to get mounted properly...

HIJACKER_NSX-2011.jpg

Fast? I believe the question was "Which side skirt would you choose if you had my NSX?" :tongue:
He answered your question. If he had your NSX he would keep the sideskirts as they are (which you mentioned as an option, but didn't number).

BTW, there is a poll function for posting these kind of threads.

Back