• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which would you choose?? 2002 vs 2005

The shift knob in the 2005 is worth half of the $14k price difference
dunno.gif

HAHA...that's a pretty expensive shift knob (with an extended warranty). I'll take $14K for mods any day.

Well, I made my decision. Went with the 05. The price difference turned out to be < $10k so that made it easier.

With these cars though, it is easy to find an older one in much better shape than a newer one. Driven less (per year) and taken care of better.

I happen to HATE the 04-05 shift knob. Will be replacing mine!

Me personaly, I cannot justify paying $35k more over a 91 for half second faster acceleration and 5 mph top end. If I was in the market and had a budge for $65k I would get a 91 NSX for $30k either turbo it or leave it alone and bank the remainder or buy a Ferrari F355.

Best of luck.

That was an option. Since I had HAD a 91, I kind of wanted the Targa this time around.

And as for the F355, I looked at them extensively when I was looking for 993s and decided I didn't want to pay the maintenance bills. That car is a wound up rubber band just waiting to break! Gorgeous looks and sound though! :biggrin:

Well, I made my decision. Went with the 05. The price difference turned out to be < $10k so that made it easier.

With these cars though, it is easy to find an older one in much better shape than a newer one. Driven less (per year) and taken care of better.

I happen to HATE the 04-05 shift knob. Will be replacing mine!

Congrats!

So you really don't like the 04-05 shift knob?? I personally love it (and hate the goofy little leather wrapped golf tee used on the others). :cool:

the 04/05 shift nob was the best knob honda put on this car. What i believe happened is they noticed that the heavy round titanium nsx-r knob (introduced on the nsx-r in 02) better dampened the shifting and felt best in your hand (due to being round). so in 04 they introduced a very heavy knob for the same performance in the car. I have tried almost every shift knob in my other nsx and ended up with the nsx-r oem titanium due to feel. when i bought my 05 i quickly realized that honda had done this mod for me.

Greetings

Congrats on the new set of wheels.

I think that a lot of the G2 cars (2002 thru 2005) were leased. Honda had a good lease plan with something like 7500 miles per year -- I looked at one then, but did not buy. I bought a 3 year old lease return -- 2003. People were motivated to drive them XXXX miles each year. I drive mine all of the time -- to work and everywhere.

It seems like the original set of owners back in the 90's were more the collector type. Purchased cars to drive on the weekend and special occasions. I think that is why you find a lot of early low mileage cars.

Whatever floats your boat!

Cheers,
Martin

Back