• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

White 1996 NSX or wait for my 04/05 white NSX? notable differences?

And I thought 997 GT3's were keepers, just wondering why your's changing owners? That's a dream car to me indeed :) Wouldn't you miss all that power!?

hey can you guys tell me really quick if your thoughts on this 04 NSX with CTSC?

(It's running AEM EMS with high boost so will that pass SMOG?)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100702

Car looks pretty sharp but just wondering if he has the OEM wheels/tires since I don't really like those that much. Also can the AEM EMS be removed safely so the car will run stock boost again?

any thoughts appreciated!

rick

That o4 looks really sweet if everything checks out. I was advised by Prime members to have the compression and leak down checked on supercharged or turbocharged cars. Great advice! As I was to complete a deal I had a CTSC car checked for compression and leakdown and it indicated more wear than the 3,000 mile since it's last check should have indicated. Something was wrong even though the car ran like a bat out of hell and had decent dyno numbers. You have to be careful when buying used FI cars.

I will probably CTCS my car in the future when the kit is available, so if you can get it already on and everything is OK, do it!

Tytus

I just bought a Infiniti 2013 G-38 convertible and have a 1996 NSX-T white automatic. It runs perfectly and has been serviced regularly. Let me know if your interested. It has 142,000 mainly freeway miles.

Mason
[email protected]

Check the date on this thread. S4play has had a 02+ GPW for several years now.

...he knows what he was doing.......:rolleyes:

thanks guys for the replies - 110% I prefer the 02+ in terms of looks....

02+ is the way to go unless you want a hardtop early model. Not sure how long you will keep your car, but I think the 02+ and the hardtop early models probably will be more desirable in the future.

Life is too short, don't be so picky, pick up the first 02+ you find in pristine shape. Do a full car wrap for 2-3K if you must have a white car. :)

Haha...no one is noticing the date of the first post in this thread!

Rick has had his 02 white for a while now...

Holy Batman old thread! Mine is actually a 2004 :)

Wow let's see 2008 means that was before I got moved twice, getting married, 2 kids and lotsa grey hair ~ time really flies but NSXprime is still awesome.

Side note: I have been dabbling with the idea of buying a DD NSX but it has to be Imola and CTSC

Haha I had meant +02...not model year specifically.

Can't fault you for wanting an Imola! ;)

Yup :)

I actually had a chance to own a CTSC one locally in Monterrey a while back but the owner didn't budge on my offer only to get it REPO'd a bit later. The passenger front fender had a repaint but it was still a very nice car. Imola on Imola car, I think the car popped up here at one point missing the cover for the Supercharger? I just remember the car got mad attention during our test drive on 101! haha

Back