• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

who actually runs AEM EMS

Don't buy it yet as I have not been able to get mine running properly.

Rob

have it on my car, not an nsx, the unit is awesome! i like it a lot more than the hondata that i previously had.

Sadly, I have not been able to mess with mine since just after getting it. In fact, last week I put it back to stock so I could pass emissions. However, I was getting close enough on a different NSX to feel fairly confident that it would work out. We just had some annoying drivability issues but the critical mixture under load was dialed in. There are SO many tweaks possible that solving the remaining issues is (hopefully) just a matter of patience and getting more proficient with the adjustments.

nsxlover said:
Don't buy it yet as I have not been able to get mine running properly.

What problems are you having?

Mark Basch, Chris (SOS), and I think Cybernation have been working with it so I'd like to hear their thoughts and progress.

It was recommended to me to get this unit to solve the issues I used to have. I have held off getting it and think I will continue to until there is some more positive feedback about it.

Sjs is talking about my car--Steve got it pretty good using a wide band and seat of the pants. Unfortunately, I only had the car together one day before yanking it apart for a wide body kit. Hopefully it will be back together soon, and I can report on the AEM system. I did pull the jumper that causes the speedometer fluxuation, so hopefully that is fixed. Also, Steve, we found out that the seal in the passenger turbo had blown--hence why there was so much oil on the wide band. When it's all back together, I'll make it down to St. Louis and we can do some dyno work.

I think the AEM is a solution.........just waiting for the tech curve to catch up.

Best regards,

Ben

I am still having some minor grounding fluctuations. I did call AEM and they told me to send it back to them to have the unit bench tested. I had to take a trip to Florida to look at a Ferrari I am thinking about buying, and will send it out to them this week. I am glad to hear that some people have had good luck with it. I have to put my car back together and try to tune it again. I will keep you posted.

Rob

i live in beaufort in the summer time and go to school in columbia.. my sister lives up in charleston.. i wanna ride in one of these before i buy mine..... maybe i can hit u up sometime..

contact r&d dyno service in gardena, ca about the ems. they do all the dyno testing for aem. he swears up and down that he has had great success using that system on fi nsx's.

I was just cruising this forum and came across this post, I don't know if you have gotten your EMS tuned yet or not. My co-worker has an H22 EG civic, fully built, turbocharged, EMS, ect., the car runs absolutly PERFECT!!! Sean Mcelderry from HorsePower Freaks in Portland, OR did all the tuning. He' totally straight up, and knows the EMS inside and out. Reid (my co-worker) is extremely pleased with the results, to say the least. Their contact number is (503) 760-7444. Hope this helps.

I had a brief chat with AEM and their new software upgrade for the NSX still not out. They promised it several months ago and I have given up and switched to Tec3. There is somthing unique about the NSX that gives fits to ECU control that is proven on other cars. Dan

Dan, Vic Sias (TEC3 seller, installer, and tuner) will be joining us for the 8/2 south bay NSX club lunch and has agreed to participate in a Q&A session. You should definitely join us for this one.

As you know, Gerry has successfully run TEC2 & TEC3 in his turbo NSX installs. Vic did some tuning work for Gerry when he was running the TEC2.

tunapie said:
I had a brief chat with AEM and their new software upgrade for the NSX still not out. They promised it several months ago and I have given up and switched to Tec3. There is somthing unique about the NSX that gives fits to ECU control that is proven on other cars. Dan

Well that's lousy news! Did they give you any idea as to what does not work properly? (never mind why for now).

Steve, I talked to a sales person that called the tech dept. The delivery date is open ended and he was not specific about the issues. Question, will the tcs go inop with the AEM also. Dan

tunapie said:
Steve, I talked to a sales person that called the tech dept. The delivery date is open ended and he was not specific about the issues. Question, will the tcs go inop with the AEM also. Dan

Well, MB has been working with them quite a bit. I'll bet he knows more if he is willing to share.

TCS is not supported. That doesn't bother me because I so rarely turn it on anyway. A couple times I was caught in the snow and was glad to have it, but I can do without it in the rain. ABS of course is not affected.

If anyone has any in-depth questions or troubleshooting problems with the AEM EMS and its software you might consider giving Tom Payn a call, owner of Payn Technologies, in MI.

Tom was very involved with promoting the AEM product line especially the EMS release for the last year and a half. He traveled throughout the country last year to all of the NHRA sport compact race events and many other venues answering tech questions, discussing new applications, and helping end users at the track.

Long story short, I now work with Tom at his facility in Troy, MI right outside of Detroit. I have seen Tom create base maps and dyno tune the EMS on cars ranging from Civics, Integras, Supras, RX7s, Eclipses, and now the NSX with awesome results. It was amazing how fast we were able to tune the car so perfectly after the OBDII to OBDI conversion.

Give him a try.

Tom Payn
Payn Technologies
248-649-3966

Version 1.03 is now availible which I believe supports traction control.

What else did they fix compaired to the old version. TCS, really, I was thinking that nobody would touch that for litigation reasons. If it had ANY problems or not completly tested like Honda did, I would not want to turn it on. Would you.

so has anyone personally made this work on their own car yet?

I purchased one back in Feb, but still reluctant to install it...since I have not seen any results.

Allen

Back