• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who is attending NSXPO?

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
I'm curious how many of the people here are planning to attend NSXPO this year.

If you are attending, which previous NSXPOs have you attended, if any? Will you have your car there?

If not, why not? (too far, too expensive, not interested, schedule conflict, etc.)?

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 06 September 2001).]

Where is it and when is it
smile.gif
?

Not, because it's just a bit too far for me.

Anything west of the Rockies, and I'm sure I'll be there.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Personally speaking, and from California, I acknowledge Wisconsin is a long way to travel with our cars and would not be as much fun without them.

Then again, I'm sure the folks living in Wisconsin said the 99 NSXPO in SF CA was too far.

Maybe we should have an East Coast/West Coast event each year?

I'm going...and I will be bringing my car.

Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 07 September 2001).]

Count me in..When are the info packets going out anyway your only talking six weeks away.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

I will be there for sure. I am attempting to bring the car, however, this may not happen.

I have been to NSXPO 99 (where I met you briefly Lud) and many other NSX events.

I worry that the attending numbers will be less this year due to a few issues including; state of the economy, late information packets, decline in sales, among others. Regardless, NSXPO is a fantastic event. NSXPO 99 was perhaps one of the most exciting events (not just NSX related) I have been involved with. I made a lot of great friends in California.

I hope everyone attending will stop by and say hi. I should have a vendor booth on Friday, and will be around the paddock during the weekend.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

I'll be there.

If you are attending, which previous NSXPOs have you attended, if any?

NSXPO '97
NSXPO '98
NSXPO '99
NSXPO 2000

I am one of eight people who have attended all four previous events.

Will you have your car there?

Yes.

I'm sure the folks living in Wisconsin said the 99 NSXPO in SF CA was too far.

Five people from Wisconsin and seven from Illinois went to NSXPO '99. Several of them shipped their cars to the event. A couple of them drove their cars.

Maybe we should have an East Coast/West Coast event each year?

There is a huge amount of work involved in putting on an NSXPO, and (based on the number of bids) there aren't enough people willing to do this work to do it twice in one year.

The site for NSXPO is selected each year by the board of the NSX Club of America, which solicits members to put together bids (proposals) to hold the event in their area. Saying that you want the event in your area won't make it happen. If you would like to have the event in your part of the country, the best advice is for you to volunteer to do all that hard work, and begin by putting together a planning committee which will then need to put together a proposal for the board to consider. Of course, first you have to join the club (hint, hint).

When are the info packets going out anyway your only talking six weeks away.

The brochures and registration forms will be mailed some time this coming week. They will be available in the next few days on the event website. This is roughly the same timing as we had last year.

I worry that the attending numbers will be less this year

There are several reasons why the event will probably have greater attendance than last year, including a much larger and more committed NSX owner community in the nearby Chicago-Milwaukee area, and the fact that the track event is on a Saturday-Sunday instead of during the week. And we're going to ROAD AMERICA, the most famous and most historic racetrack in the country!

I can't believe I missed the Atlanta one last year...grrr, I had a M Roadster back then.

Can't make it this year, too far for me to travel. Perhaps it will happen somewhere on the East Coast next year.

Originally posted by Lud:

Jane and I are attending, along with a CARavan of 6 other Phoenicians and half a dozen So-Cal'ers

If you are attending, which previous NSXPOs have you attended, if any? Will you have your car there?

We, and most of our Az gang made the trip to Atlanta last year. It was our first, though about half the gang had been to Laguna Secca the year before. Jane and I did not own our NSX till Oct 99, so we just missed that one.

If not, why not? (too far, too expensive, not interested, schedule conflict, etc.)?

Hope to have many, many more in our future.
It's a great gang of people.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 06 September 2001).]

I will be going. It is more fun if you have your car, and/or caravan, but I had a great time in Monterey and Atlanta flying in.

Just seeing many of my NSX buddies from different parts of the country and all the NSX's is worth the trip, even if you don't have the time to drive. This year I hope to fly in and ship my car.

See you guys there.

------------------
Live Free or Die

Lud - I will be attending NSXPO 2001 in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. It's so close to my old hometown, Chicago. I will be visiting family before and after the event. As you might remember, I have been living in Honolulu since 1983. But this year I will be without a NSX for the event. It's still worth it! For NSXPO 1999, I actually barged my Blue '97 to and from Monterey, CA and enjoyed every minute of the gathering. Everything from meeting the wonderful NSXCA members, the seminars, the food, the 'spirited' drives and track time, the picture taking, the great accommodations, just everything!...Aloha, Jerry

PS - To all who have not attended a NSXPO, don't miss it! The experience will be everlasting.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"LIVE LIFE with a NSX"

[This message has been edited by Timeless (edited 15 September 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Timeless (edited 18 September 2001).]

This is my 3rd consecutive NSXPO. I missed the first one in CO.

Dave
NSXCA Member #38

Dave,

This is your FOURTH consecutive NSXPO. You went to NSXPO '98 in Ohio, NSXPO '99 in Monterey, and NSXPO 2000 in Atlanta.

See you in Wisconsin!

I'll be there w/ car.

1998, 1999, 2000 NSXPO w/ car

The longer the drive, the more the FUN!

p.s. I have a 2-bedroom suite at the HQ. hotel and may be looking for a roomate.

Back