• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whose going to Sebring next weekend?

Can't wait to meet up with you guys. Coming from Sarasota. I would like your opinion. My wife is coming with me as a second driver. I have a '95 M3 I'm trying to sell (since I bought the NSX). Should I take two cars thinking there might be a buyer there, or is that pretty unlikely?

I'll be heading over from St. Pete along with Greg from Clearwater. We're caravaning over and we'll be bringing our new 125cc Honda powered shifter racing karts. These things hit 130mph between the carousel and the safety pin in a tight drafting formation...fun stuff!

Doc / Aaron: I'm tentative right now. If I can pull it off I'll be heading there mid-morning as well, probably with Stefan (black M3).

Lets stay in touch for a meeting place.

While I have your attention, what is your opinion on this: I just hit 5k miles and my rears are really really sorry - no thread at all on the two inside threads.

I can probably get new ones installed in a couple of days but isn't one supposed to have at least a few miles on new tires before hitting the track?

Not too comfortable running on the current ones, plus they'll probably be completely gone just in the trip up.

What would you do?

Ralph

Originally posted by rquintero:
... I just hit 5k miles and my rears are really really sorry - no thread at all on the two inside threads.

I can probably get new ones installed in a couple of days but isn't one supposed to have at least a few miles on new tires before hitting the track?...

What would you do?

Ralph

I'm heading up mid morning on Saturday and you're welcome to join in.

As for your tires; definetly get new ones if you are planning on tracking the car. With the drive up to Sebring, they will be scrubbed in enough for the track as long as you take it easy in the morning sessions.

I'll be in touch with you mid week.

Are you guys planning on tracking your shifters during open sessions??? If so you guys are crazy!! Do you really want put your life in the hands of a novice who could easily get lock-up (as we all have) and run you over?? I'm all for starting a shifter Kart only session, but skeptical of running them with the cars. Anyway, those would prob. rip-up the short course! We should rent 10-20 and the short track for the day! How fun!! See you guys there....

Originally posted by TampaBayNSX-R:
I'll be heading over from St. Pete along with Greg from Clearwater...we'll be bringing our new 125cc Honda powered shifter racing karts...fun stuff!

Scott, I agree with Aaron! Are you guys nuts?? I would be scared to have those things on the road/track with any car; period! I also hope that you wear full leathers with armour when you operate them.

Back