• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why are Gen 2 NSX offerings being amended to delete offering prices

I though once a car was offered the original posting could not be amended.
The Kid (Bridgewater Acura) has made two very attractive offers but the details in those offers have disappeared.

Acura is giving dealers $30k incentives but my understanding is that dealers are not allowed to advertise those discounts. I had contacted a dealer on ebay who had a BIN of msrp and asked why since he had 30k in incentives from Acura and he told me he would sell it to me for $40k below msrp but he was not allowed to advertise that fact.

p.s. I put pricing back in

Last edited:
Acura is giving dealers $30k incentives but my understanding is that dealers are not allowed to advertise those discounts. I had contacted a dealer on ebay who had a BIN of msrp and asked why since he had 30k in incentives from Acura and he told me he would sell it to me for $40k below msrp but he was not allowed to advertise that fact.

p.s. I put pricing back in

Bob
Now I can't find The Kid's offers.
Were they deleted?

Bob
Were they deleted?[/QUOTE

Acura is not permitting discounting to be mentioned in ads. As a courtesy to him I deleted the ads since he has always been supportive of the community and has never sold a car over msrp and was the first to offer discounted pricing. Our members have always benefited and it didn't seem right to hurt him with Acura by leaving his pricing public against Acura's mandates

Bob
Were they deleted?[/QUOTE

Acura is not permitting discounting to be mentioned in ads. As a courtesy to him I deleted the ads since he has always been supportive of the community and has never sold a car over msrp and was the first to offer discounted pricing. Our members have always benefited and it didn't seem right to hurt him with Acura by leaving his pricing public against Acura's mandates

The links to his offers are all over the internet including being sent to Honda US.
People are going to the links and finding nothing.
Understand the courtesy extended but the offers were made on a public forum and widely shared.
If he gets in trouble with Honda for publicly publicizing what should have been internal only info, is it Prime's role to protect him?
And from a new NSX owner's view a dealer who is first to discount doesn't really mean much.

The links to his offers are all over the internet including being sent to Honda US.
People are going to the links and finding nothing.
Understand the courtesy extended but the offers were made on a public forum and widely shared.
If he gets in trouble with Honda for publicly publicizing what should have been internal only info, is it Prime's role to protect him?
And from a new NSX owner's view a dealer who is first to discount doesn't really mean much.

I made a decision to support a long time member who has always supported the community. It was my call to make since I know Mike and can appreciate our members always being treated fairly and would not want his business to suffer because he did right by the community. I understand how you can, and should, be upset with the discounts since you were an early adopter of the car but current buyers are benefiting from the market shift and I feel an obligation to continue to support those who support us.

I made a decision to support a long time member who has always supported the community.

Bob
Keep in mind that I too am a long time member and owner of an NSX since 1991. As well about 25 in new NSX owners group are previous Gen 1 owners and some still have both. Most of them have left Prime because of the endless derogatory comments from non-owners on the Prime Second Generation forums. In fact there are only 2 or 3 new owners left that still post on Prime.
If you want to support Mike and protect him from possible wrath from Honda, that's fine with me.

I made a decision to support a long time member who has always supported the community.

Bob
Keep in mind that I too am a long time member and owner of an NSX since 1991. As well about 25 in new NSX owners group are previous Gen 1 owners and some still have both. Most of them have left Prime because of the endless derogatory comments from non-owners on the Prime Second Generation forums. In fact there are only 2 or 3 new owners left that still post on Prime.
If you want to support Mike and protect him from possible wrath from Honda, that's fine with me.

Bob

I am sick and tired of the endless derogatory comments as well. And most are by a small group of persistent detractors. I have had to bite my tongue and prevent myself from hitting the delete button on many comments but it's not my job to regulate the free speech no matter how much it degenerates into the constant whipping of a dead horse.

I do like the new NSX. I do not plan on buying one at the moment. But if I can continue to bring together buyers with fair and motivated sellers then I will be satisfied that my volunteer role here served a purpose.

+1 to your decision. Moderating can be tough and it requires judgement and I just wanted to voice my support for your judgement here.

I wanted to add my thanks in here too! I came back to look for the posts so I could drool over the pricing and found the posts deleted, but now I know why and the judgement used is sound!

I am excited about the deals flying around lately, but I also feel a bit bad for the first folks to get their feet wet with one.
:redface:

I am excited about the deals flying around lately, but I also feel a bit bad for the first folks to get their feet wet with one.
:redface:

That's the risk anyone takes about being an early adopter.

But I have suggested that I believe Honda should approach all early buyers who had deposits down for years and bought at MSRP and give each one a free Civic Type R to offset the current $45k discounts...........

Back