• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why couldn't Acura have designed the NSX like this?

NSX- Should Have.jpgIn my opinion this is one on the better looking mid-engined cars to be presented in recent memory, and it looks a little Japanese. The rear could maybe use a little work, but other than that I think it is money.

If Acura had used a design similar to this without all the tech and kept the price close to 120K I think they would have knocked it out of the park.

Still really like the new NSX, it drives great, the transmission shifts better than a Porches and it holds a set of golf clubs in the trunk, just not the most appealing mid-engine design.

Last edited:
The current design is beautiful and very exotic looking. From the looks of things as of late they're knocking it out of the park for 125-145 :biggrin:

Last edited:
at first glance, its screams lambo veneno with the current lambo front end to me...
Agreed. While that design is great, the first thing I thought was Lamborghini. If this were the NSX, Acura would be known as the Hyundai of supercars. I think the current design is great...If there is one thing design-wise that could have been improved, it would be the rear end (taillights, etc) to be more aggressive.

View attachment 149296In my opinion this is one on the better looking mid-engined cars to be presented in recent memory, and it looks a little Japanese. The rear could maybe use a little work, but other than that I think it is money.

If Acura had used a design similar to this without all the tech and kept the price close to 120K I think they would have knocked it out of the park.

Still really like the new NSX, it drives great, the transmission shifts better than a Porches and it holds a set of golf clubs in the trunk, just not the most appealing mid-engine design.

Seeing this just screams Lamborghini - it would not be an innovation but a copy....the current design looks great, no issues with it!

The current design is beautiful and very exotic looking. From the looks of things as of late they're knocking it out of the park for 125-145 :biggrin:

knocking it out of the park 1.5 years later with 30% off sales. not exactly a home run...

i like that a lot. a bit of a Lambo/Japanese cross with the roofline intake very McLaren F1 reminiscent. i'd be highly interested in a car which looks like that...

OP: Asked about the car above for 120k- a pretty nice looking wanna be Lambo (plus not feeling a wing like that)

I correcetly said they are having no problem moving them now with the discount
The sweet spot was always and should have been 125 base-150 loaded as you can see by the current sales and interest

The current design looks really good and has that exotic look about it. Much better looking than R8 or 911's.

Hitting a HR would have been this price point from day 1= they would have sold the 800-1000 cars that were produced already:cool:

Last edited:
Don’t really see the Lambo resemblance. A little Fort GT for sure, just a damn great side profile.

A car like that would not cost 120k. Period. They should have made the new nsx with a manual Honda gearbox which is one of the best in the biz and kept weight at bay. Period 2. But it does look cool in that picture.

What current Honda gearbox is set up for 500+ HP?

Does Ferrari offer a three pedal car, how about McLaren?

The category has gone DCT, you want 3 pedals, Porsche has your back.

Last edited:
This forum trips me out. On one end it’s like oh this car should of been 125k in the first place, when no comparable car is even close to that number. Then you get people who say why couldn’t they make it look like this and put up a car that is supposed to be 7 figures. This is great stuff!! Very entertaining.

The Aria is gorgeous, would be better without the wing.

The new NSX is also gorgeous in its own way. I'm glad Acura offered the discount to get some cars on the road.

This forum trips me out. On one end it’s like oh this car should of been 125k in the first place, when no comparable car is even close to that number. Then you get people who say why couldn’t they make it look like this and put up a car that is supposed to be 7 figures. This is great stuff!! Very entertaining.

Beg to differ. Honda could produce a car that looks similar to this and at a 125K price.

Two exotic looking cars come to mind; the new LC500, albeit front engined, is very exotic looking and the upcoming mid-engined Vette. LC is 100K and Vette is predicted to come in around 115K

LC is not exotic looking at all. The new mid engine corvette has a whole brand/pedigree backing it. It could look like a Beetle on steroids and would still sell. O, wait...

Also I don't agree $120K starting price would have sold much more units of the NSX. People are buying under the pretense of discounts because they were waiting for it in the first place. If it would have started at $120K, many people would have waited til it was discounted at $100K. That's the perception of branding and retail.

Beg to differ. Honda could produce a car that looks similar to this and at a 125K price.

Two exotic looking cars come to mind; the new LC500, albeit front engined, is very exotic looking

The LC500 while being a very "nice" car, is not exotic :eek: at all PERIOD...JM2C...I could be wrong :tongue:

I guess all the magazine editors that call the LC exotic looking are wrong, but you are right...... Anyway you missed the point and the point was that Honda could have brought to market a better looking, more exotic design at a lower price point. Don't think that's too hard to grasp or is it?

I guess all the magazine editors that call the LC exotic looking are wrong, but you are right...... Anyway you missed the point and the point was that Honda could have brought to market a better looking, more exotic design at a lower price point. Don't think that's too hard to grasp or is it?

^^^The IGNORE^^^ setting works well....lmao

sales figures tell us if the manufacturers idea of exotic matches the expectations of the customer...

Just think about all of the mid engine R8s, Lambos, Ferraris, and McLarens that are sold so far each year. That's the size of the supercar market basically. The NSX tried to poach from that market and possibly the 911 crowd. It's not going to magically introduce new customers that were waiting for a $120K or $150K hybrid supercar, from Honda err Acura.

Lexus and Mercedes have strong followings for their brand and the common luxury cars aren't too far off from what they are asking for their flagships/100K+ sports car. Acura has a $60K car that struggles to sell and then makes the leap to $150K+. There are probably only a handful of diehard Acura fans that bought into it based on branding. The rest are pre-existing buyers looking to defect.

Lastly, back on topic, this Aria FXE looks like a one-off that is not even in the same price bracket as any of the aforementioned cars probably. For that kind of money, I think it should look better IMO, but I can't find pricing for the 400 to be sold so there's that.

Last edited:
Back