• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why do folks keep asking if $8k-$10k for an NSX is a scam?

This question seems to come up almost weekly. Does anyone actually believe they can find a legit $8k NSX on eBay or Autotrader? :eek:

Last edited:
I'll take 5 of them. Can't beat the deal for 1-owner, low-mileage, no paint/body work cars...

:rolleyes:

Ryan

unless you come across some rich ass guy where money is no option and he has to sell the NSX RIGHT NOW because he's leaving the country tomorrow, 8-10K will probably buy you a salvaged/junk NSX that's not worth fixing

Any and all rich-ass guys prepping to leave the country that will sell their cars for less than $10k... please PM me and I'll help you out by taking the cars off your hands... LOL

I really wish people would use more common sense when it comes to scams like this - you're right, the number is climbing with alarming regularity. To me, that means that some poor people out there are actually falling for this sort of crap - sad.

Ryan

would someone really hand over their money to a "third party" for holding until the car is shipped to their door? I find that so hard to believe. Are people really that stupid.

unless you come across some rich ass guy where money is no option and he has to sell the NSX RIGHT NOW because he's leaving the country tomorrow, 8-10K will probably buy you a salvaged/junk NSX that's not worth fixing

Imagine the ad listed anywhere cars are commonly sold: Rich ass guy, leaving the country, money is no object, has to sell the NSX right now! Betcha he still gets a minimum of 20k within the day.

A fool and his money are soon parted...

How about a pissed off x-wife that took your but for everything and will rather sell the car for 8k to make you insane! Its possible.

I have wondered the same thing about why people waste the time posting about these cars. If you want to know if it is for real, show up at the guys door with $8,000 and ask to drive the car!! Seriously....if that deal is real, you have NO TIME to waste posting on the freaking Internet!!

My brother and I did actually find ONE for real deal about 5-6 years ago. It was a guy who was selling his '92 red/black NSX with about 40,000 miles for $12,500. As soon as we saw the ad (the first day it was out) we called and asked about the car, only to find out it was sold. Turns out the guy was not a car guy, was moving, and thought the car was just an old Acura with high mileage and not worth much. We damn near cried. :(

the cars advertised that I have seen have no phone number and you can only contact them if you respond to the email. no address at all. they tell you the car is out of the country and they will ship it to you. I have not seen an ad on auto trader with a phone number. I responded to a couple of them for laughs and they all wrote that the cars were out of the country, and they would ship it to you once you handed over your money to a "broker"

Hell no that is bogus 8k for a nsx ill take 10 of them then.

skynet0419, you'll notice that the one you linked (Zanardi) was rolled over and smashed to bits, and was still $17K. That should really convince everyone that the $8K NSX's are bogus. I would give one exception, those auctions that have reserves.

Back