• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why don't more people use the GruppeM supercharger?

From what I see on ScienceofSpeed's website is that the GruppeM S/C is about the same cost as the Comptech unit? Is their a reason people are not using the GruppeM version? I assume you would have to wait at least a month to get it shipped from Japan.

Just my personal opinion,after seeing only one in person,and being on track with it: looks too cumbersome ie, not stealth.It did not seem to push the car forward any quicker than my na 3.0 liter.

Drats,fooled again :wink:

the gruppe m one costs more and also it is not carb legal like comptechs also it does not sit flush in the engine bay (sticks out like a sore thumb).......talk to jon martin if you want to know more about the gruppe m supercharger and its products........310-539-3636 SouthBay Acura.

Last edited:
Is it OBD2 compatible?

Cheers

AR

I wonder if you could "clean" up that kit a little bit? Maybe more effective with better plumbing :confused:

The "kit" really isn't out of production. The actual supercharger they used, however, is out of production. Until they find a suitable replacement, they can't sell any more kits. I went through all of this about four or five months ago. My NSX tech, Mike Alcalde in Miami, has installed a few of them and he really praises them for their flat torque curves. The price was alright too, but it's unobtainable as a new product as of a few months ago. You should have seen some of the funny letters I got from Japan trying to tell me about the issues in English. Regardless, I would love them to find a suitable replacement for the supercharger. I was ready to buy one at the time and would again if I could.

dave22 said:
The roots-style blower is less efficient, and intake temps could shoot through the roof on a setup like that.

But it sure looks cool. :cool:

I agree man i think they thing looks crazy sick! I wouldnt mind that its big and everything, that intake especially is amazing.

Back