• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why is my NSX not selling?

it will sell, i think it "may" be the color....
whill it is a great color, some people would now want to own a yellow car....I fall into this group. I love the color, just not enough to own.
give it time, its priced well IMO

Are you only advertising it here? If so, that is one reason why you haven't gotten a lot of calls. Most of us here already own an NSX, and few of us are looking to upgrade to a 2002+. If you put it on autotrader or ebay you will get a lot more exposure. Plus you get what you pay for. This is a free site with not a lot of traffic comparred to the aforementioned sites.

One last idea. Have Deltron Zero write the ad for you. ;)

Are you only advertising it here? If so, that is one reason why you haven't gotten a lot of calls. Most of us here already own an NSX, and few of us are looking to upgrade to a 2002+. If you put it on autotrader or ebay you will get a lot more exposure. Plus you get what you pay for. This is a free site with not a lot of traffic comparred to the aforementioned sites.

One last idea. Have Deltron Zero write the ad for you. ;)

Very good advice, except for maybe that last statement which I'm sure is an inside joke or something.:wink:

Very good advice, except for maybe that last statement which I'm sure is an inside joke or something.:wink:

No inside joke. That guy has gotten 70,000 hits for the ad he has in autotrader. He's a genius.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. Economy is very slow. It's a great time to buy "expensive" assets for cheap (real estate, cars etc..), and a bad time to sell.

My suggestions is as well to advertize heavily, but expect to hold on to the car for a little while unless you decide to fire-sale it.

Good luck!

Bear in mind sports cars tend to be slow sales. That with people being all strung up about gas going up, don't be surprised to see it take a few to sell.

Good luck. :smile:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. Economy is very slow. It's a great time to buy "expensive" assets for cheap (real estate, cars etc..), and a bad time to sell.

My suggestions is as well to advertize heavily, but expect to hold on to the car for a little while unless you decide to fire-sale it.

Good luck!

+2, market is soft.

I think your pricing is fair, and if I had the funds immediately I'd probably purchase. Try your local craigslist as well, however be prepared for low-ballers.

Thanks, and good luck. Yellow is awesome on the 02+ cars.

Ravi

I believe there's 2 big factors to why your car is not selling.

1. Weak Economic times

2. Price bracket - Within the value range of 65k there are a lot of used cars that are comparable to the NSX to pick from.

These reflect used cars within the range of 60-70k

1. 996 S models / 996 Turbo
2. sl55
3. Vipers
4. 997 (Standard)
5. Cayman S

The NSX is a great car, but you have to love one to buy one. The other cars on the list have much more brand recognition and sadly are purchased over the NSX because of it.

Good luck with your sale.

Craigslist.

Free option and you will get many hits.

Id try Autotrader and Cars.com, both seem to give great results. NSX Prime is good but it seems to take along time, unless you have something really desirable. On a side note, I think you price is very low and your car should be sold ASAP. Plenty of buyers out there looking for nice clean NSX's. I have to sell my 05 NSX as well, best of luck.:wink:

10 days isnt anything. It took me 4 weeks to sell my tt Supra and i had it priced much better than any of the others for sale on ebay and autotrader.

One problem i think you'll run into is financing. It is just too easy to get 0.9% finsncing on a new car but anything "used" usually puts you in the 5-7% range and borrowing that much at all to buy a 05 i would think is probably difficult to do right now.

I was going to buy a second home because of the great prices right now. Got to the closing table and my 10% down 5% 30yr fixed interest rate turned into 20% down and a 5% adjustable arm. Needless to say i walked away from the deal but the lender i was using (and have used before) said that no one wants to do jumbo loans right now for the self employed? As if anyone else can afford $500,000+ houses right now?:rolleyes:

My point is; your going to have to be patient. Your selling a niche car in a bad market with an odd color when its tough to finance anything that price that isnt new.

These factors all add up to a slow sell. Also, as other have mentioned.... you need more exposure. Try Craigslist, ebay, autotrader and cars.com if you really need to sell it fast.

I think your price is not just fair, it is low. I follow 05 prices fairly regularly. I would not be cheap about advertising. I would do all of them. Autotrader, cars.com, ebay. Having it here is good too. That car looks very clean and the color is very rare. Someone out there is willing to pay a premium for it. Don't be so impatient. Selling a car like this takes time.

But IMO, you should keep it. :biggrin:

People who can afford a $65k sports car probably already would have purchased an NSX years ago if they wanted one. It's been around for 18 years now.

Drop the price about $10k and it will sell. The price is too high for the current market. Like someone said, there are too many great $65k - $80k cars out there right now.

If you drop the price to $55k, you'll under cut all the high end sports cars and probably snag someone quick.

Then you'll be in competition with the 2002 prices and people will jump to buy your car over a 2002 because of the year alone. You'll have first priority!

People who can afford a $65k sports car probably already would have purchased an NSX years ago if they wanted one. It's been around for 18 years now.

Drop the price about $10k and it will sell. The price is too high for the current market. Like someone said, there are too many great $65k - $80k cars out there right now.

If you drop the price to $55k, you'll under cut all the high end sports cars and probably snag someone quick.

Then you'll be in competition with the 2002 prices and people will jump to buy your car over a 2002 because of the year alone. You'll have first priority!

Come on, you serious? :confused: Im assuming your kidding, or clueless :biggrin:

It's promotion NOT price.

You want him to sell his 2005 for 55k?

And you'll be leaving $10k on the table. This is terrible advice. You only do a fire sale if you need the money immediately, i.e. there's a bookie about to break your legs.

Sounds like nastinupe is looking for a discount on an '05...

And you'll be leaving $10k on the table. This is terrible advice. You only do a fire sale if you need the money immediately, i.e. there's a bookie about to break your legs.

Sounds like nastinupe is looking for a discount on an '05...

I think his price is fine but pvmike has a point. It all depends on how fast you want to sell and what the reasons for selling are?

Personally, i own an NSX but if i had $65k to spend right now, it wouldnt be on an NSX, like someone already said, you can get an NSX MUCH cheaper and there are too many other options available for that price range.

Unless the op has time to waste. He needs to do ALLOT more advertising and probably be flexible on price. If he has time, them maybe stand on asking price but advertise plenty more.

Back