• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why is my NSX not selling?

Clean 05's are going from 68-75K. Depending on milage, color, etc. There is a 1400 mile one supra2nv posted that is at $79,900. 64K is a very fair price. 55K is ridiculous. I'll buy it for that if you want to sell it. Seriously.

Just advertise the thing correctly. There is also nothing wrong with that color, it may not be for everyone but someone is looking for that combo, exactly.

When I first read your add, my first thought was the Wiki Fair market pricing and compared your car to the list.

Your car is considered a high mileage for '05. >10,000 per year.

Other than, that, nothing wrong with details. Sounds like a good car.

Pictures would help...A LOT.

thanks Jack

bro, you should keep that beauty....you will realize that this forum is a friendly and great place to hang out. I am on my 3rd NSX, wont ever go to anything else......I would never sell my car, just too special. hand made exotic made by Honda? who would have thunk it....

Hi guys, I put my 2005 NSX on prime 10 days ago. It has had over 1700 views but I have not gotten one phone call. I am asking $64,900, am I too high? Thanks

I have no useful input on your pricing since I've never been in the market for one of the later (02-05) NSX's. However, the last three cars I've sold I initially advertised on all the marque/model specific websites for free, thinking one of the hardcore enthusiasts would grab them quick.

Two weeks of waiting was all it took to convince me to buy the ~$70 ad on autotrader and send the cars down the road with relatively quick sales. It 'seems' expensive at the time you're listing it but given the value of your car and the increased exposure its a great value. There are so many people out there that are looking for cars but don't know about these websites. If it was worth it for my $6000 Integra, its certainly money well spent for your NSX.

That being said, its still a niche car so be patient and good luck.:smile:

I have no useful input on your pricing since I've never been in the market for one of the later (02-05) NSX's. However, the last three cars I've sold I initially advertised on all the marque/model specific websites for free, thinking one of the hardcore enthusiasts would grab them quick.

Two weeks of waiting was all it took to convince me to buy the ~$70 ad on autotrader and send the cars down the road with relatively quick sales. It 'seems' expensive at the time you're listing it but given the value of your car and the increased exposure its a great value. There are so many people out there that are looking for cars but don't know about these websites. If it was worth it for my $6000 Integra, its certainly money well spent for your NSX.

That being said, its still a niche car so be patient and good luck.:smile:
No, No, No.... listen... you guys know my quailifications...8 NSX's and counting....blah blah blah... that being said, my words need to be taken seriously...

It is price...always is price. If it is the economy, then it is price... you have to be patient to get what you want (that being YOUR price). $65k is absolutely too high for that car, to the people who have seen the ad (placement)..as it is STILL available. $55k is far closer to what the car will ultimately sell for than $65k is. The cars fell out of MSRP range, right down through the $70's, then into the low $60's, mid to high $50's now. Drop in $5k increments, GET IT LISTED on Ebay, Prime, AutoTrader, etc... get your car with your needs to be reduced price, in front of as many people as possible. The more reads, simple math here, the greater the odds you will get offers, but be prepared to take an offer lower than you think. No matter what, every car I have ever had (all the NSX's, Ferrari, Porsche, Z06, etc.. they ALL lose money) Ferrari being the only exception, and ONLY in perfect scenario (RED car, ZERO mods, less than 5k miles TOTAL on the car, etc). Also, no one throw up the fact that used Ferrari sell more than new..that is only because Ferrari does not allow over sticker pricing on NEW cars, but on a used car (you know, the ones with 10 miles on them, yet they are used...) then it is "market price". I have been victim of, and capitalized on, the Ferrari exception to the rule... but this rule does NOT apply to NSX or really any other car that I know of first or second hand. (Ford GT was close, but ultimately, recently, now, it is complying to the rules of sports car resale)

If you still have the car, then the car, as it is built (color, options, miles, etc) at the price it is....is too high. Drop the price by at least 10-20%, directly or via 2 drops (1 every 7-10 days) and it will go. Time on market, like a home, will hurt you, so take it off if you need to..for a few weeks...then repost at new price. Keep in mind, sweet spot for 2002+ cars is in the $50's right now... nothing to speak of worth anything more (spare the potential for a factory warranty) in a 2005 (left over 2004's) vs the 2002 car.... THIS is why our resales are all over the place. Only 2 major (noticed by everyone from 10ft) visible changes in the 14 year production (13 years actually..)..so only we NSX fools can tell what is what..most first time buyers are looking lower $$, those with sub 2002 cars, are looking for a 2002 only, and anything newer is just a bonus, but not worth much more $$ at all.

I hope you sell your car...I have sold my 7 cars (8th is IN the garage) on Prime and Ebay..only once through my dealer...so, practice, practice, practice, and LOCATION (ad placement) location..location.

OK, flame(s) on!
sam

Last edited:
No, No, No.... listen... you guys know my quailifications...8 NSX's and counting....blah blah blah... that being said, my words need to be taken seriously...

It is price...always is price. If it is the economy, then it is price... you have to be patient to get what you want (that being YOUR price). $65k is absolutely too high for that car, to the people who have seen the ad (placement)..as it is STILL available. $55k is far closer to what the car will ultimately sell for than $65k is. The cars fell out of MSRP range, right down through the $70's, then into the low $60's, mid to high $50's now. Drop in $5k increments, GET IT LISTED on Ebay, Prime, AutoTrader, etc... get your car with your needs to be reduced price, in front of as many people as possible. The more reads, simple math here, the greater the odds you will get offers, but be prepared to take an offer lower than you think. No matter what, every car I have ever had (all the NSX's, Ferrari, Porsche, Z06, etc.. they ALL lose money) Ferrari being the only exception, and ONLY in perfect scenario (RED car, ZERO mods, less than 5k miles TOTAL on the car, etc). Also, no one throw up the fact that used Ferrari sell more than new..that is only because Ferrari does not allow over sticker pricing on NEW cars, but on a used car (you know, the ones with 10 miles on them, yet they are used...) then it is "market price". I have been victim of, and capitalized on, the Ferrari exception to the rule... but this rule does NOT apply to NSX or really any other car that I know of first or second hand. (Ford GT was close, but ultimately, recently, now, it is complying to the rules of sports car resale)

If you still have the car, then the car, as it is built (color, options, miles, etc) at the price it is....is too high. Drop the price by at least 10-20%, directly or via 2 drops (1 every 7-10 days) and it will go. Time on market, like a home, will hurt you, so take it off if you need to..for a few weeks...then repost at new price. Keep in mind, sweet spot for 2002+ cars is in the $50's right now... nothing to speak of worth anything more (spare the potential for a factory warranty) in a 2005 (left over 2004's) vs the 2002 car.... THIS is why our resales are all over the place. Only 2 major (noticed by everyone from 10ft) visible changes in the 14 year production (13 years actually..)..so only we NSX fools can tell what is what..most first time buyers are looking lower $$, those with sub 2002 cars, are looking for a 2002 only, and anything newer is just a bonus, but not worth much more $$ at all.

I hope you sell your car...I have sold my 7 cars (8th is IN the garage) on Prime and Ebay..only once through my dealer...so, practice, practice, practice, and LOCATION (ad placement) location..location.

OK, flame(s) on!
sam
ZEIaJAwjra_2002894349033766821_rs.jpg

OK, flame(s) on!
sam

+1

Is your flame suite large enough for two? lol

Here's a thought. What about consigning your car with a highend used car dealer. I consigned a '04 Z4 and got the 22,000 back that I paid for it. Note, I bought the car online from a wholesaler in Houston. It had a clean Carfax and plenty of nice pictures, but closer inspection told me that I'd made a mistake, so lesson learned. Anyway, I don't know values for your car, but if you have an established dealer who would be willing to sell it for you, go for it. They should be able to finance and take trades. It worked for me. I tried to advertise and did not get a single call...Happy ending for me since I took my 22,000 grand, added a few grand, and bought my '05 Brooklands Green Pearl and couldn't be happier. Good luck!

My bad!!! I meant to type that I own a 1995 Brooklands Green Pearl. I knew I was busted because this NSX Prime, and no respectable Prime-reader would not know that Brooklands Green Pearl were only produced from '94 to '96

Pictures might help....yeah, yeah, we all know what a yellow NSX looks like, but buyers want to actually see what they are buying.

Also, remember that you are selling a somewhat niche car in a slow economy, plus it is in a color that only appeals to an even smaller group of buyers.

And 10 days??? Mine took 5 months! Be patient!

BTW, I love Rio Yellow, and was considering it before deciding to try out a Lotus Exige S as my next car.

Best of Luck!

65k is fine. I've seen 2 other '04-'05 Rio Yellow X's sell for this price easy. Just give it some time and get on auto trader ;-). I'm considering this price/car myself since I want an '05 yellow and you're in the perfect location with a good price but I kinda want the yellow interior (I know , there aren't many of us). And for 65k I think I should get exactly what I want :p. There is one on sale now but I want have the cash on hand until july/august :-(.

Good luck!

It will sell give it a few months. When the right person comes and wants and Nsx there is no stopping them. Me personaly for $64K would rather own a F355 but thats just me and owning an NA1 for $30k makes more sense. Then again others would rather have an NA2 for the upgrades, try craigslist and last ebay.

good luck

Another problem is that you're selling the newest year of a specific body style.

NSXs fall into one of four types: 91-94, 95-96, 97-01, and 02-05. Essentially, if you want an NSX, you have four choices: NA1 coupe, NA1 T, or NA2 T with pop-up headlights, or NA2 T with fixed headlights. Admittedly there are exceptions and small differences within these ranges, most notably the few NA2 coupes, Zanardi edition, and new 02-05 colors.

Within each of these model ranges, the oldest models in the range will on average have a lower cost than the newer models in the range. The question then becomes: is it worth the extra cost of owning a newer model of the same car when the sole difference between the two cars is the model year?

If someone is looking for an NA2 NSX with fixed headlights, they can choose any year from 2002-2005. If someone wants an NA2 w/ fixed headlights, and that person has a choice between an 02 and an 05 in the same condition and with the same mileage, that person can pay a premium for your 05, or pay $10K less for someone else's 02. Which car do you think they'll buy? That's part of your problem.

BINGO:biggrin:

I was in the market and what everyone else is saying is so true. There have been two refences to droping the price around $10k or 10% -20%, which would put him at the $55k I originally stated.

I was looking for a 2002 because it made no sense to buy a 2005 for $15k - $20k more. That's a DD for NO ADDITIONAL OPTIONS. It makes no sense what so ever to purchase a 2005 that's priced like a 2005.

BUT SOMEONE WOULD JUMP ON A 2005 THAT'S PRICED LIKE A 2002.

I think you need to be patient- I think your price is a little high and the car will likely sell for the high 50's- $58K or so. For an '05 the mileage is a little high, 33K right? And the color is not one of the most popular, but it is still a nice car.

You've already listed in the autotrader, cars.com and ebay right ?
Never hurts to widen the market.

No inside joke. That guy has gotten 70,000 hits for the ad he has in autotrader. He's a genius.

it doesn't help when 90% of people put their stuff for sale, but only spend 3 minutes writing a description :confused: if you want to sell something, you should disclose everything that the buyer wants disclosed, ie everything. not too difficult, just take the time :tongue:

i think the problem is 90% of people do everything that they do half-assed :mad:

Another problem is that you're selling the newest year of a specific body style.

NSXs fall into one of four types: 91-94, 95-96, 97-01, and 02-05. Essentially, if you want an NSX, you have four choices: NA1 coupe, NA1 T, or NA2 T with pop-up headlights, or NA2 T with fixed headlights. Admittedly there are exceptions and small differences within these ranges, most notably the few NA2 coupes, Zanardi edition, and new 02-05 colors.

Within each of these model ranges, the oldest models in the range will on average have a lower cost than the newer models in the range. The question then becomes: is it worth the extra cost of owning a newer model of the same car when the sole difference between the two cars is the model year?

If someone is looking for an NA2 NSX with fixed headlights, they can choose any year from 2002-2005. If someone wants an NA2 w/ fixed headlights, and that person has a choice between an 02 and an 05 in the same condition and with the same mileage, that person can pay a premium for your 05, or pay $10K less for someone else's 02. Which car do you think they'll buy? That's part of your problem.

100% correct!

unless you happen to chance upon a hardcore enthusiast (aka prime member) that wants your exact car... you will not be able to recover the premium of an 05 over an 02.

this is the same reason that a fellow prime member had to sell his 2000 nsx-t for UNDER $40,000 after it spent almost a year on the market.

Wouldn't his 05 have last year collection status? Of course his higher mileage might negate that but NSXs are higher mileage cars aren't they.

I was in the market and what everyone else is saying is so true. There have been two refences to droping the price around $10k or 10% -20%, which would put him at the $55k I originally stated.

I was looking for a 2002 because it made no sense to buy a 2005 for $15k - $20k more. That's a DD for NO ADDITIONAL OPTIONS. It makes no sense what so ever to purchase a 2005 that's priced like a 2005.

BUT SOMEONE WOULD JUMP ON A 2005 THAT'S PRICED LIKE A 2002.

True enough someone would but then you have the problem that others will think that's what they can get an 05 for. There was a guy on prime who although he had money had no patience for his 02+ NSX to sell and priced it super low. All of a sudden we had all these jokers coming on prime claiming other NSXs were priced to high and they could get one for what this guy sold his for.

Any of you primers remember that fiasco? I'm pretty sure it was a black NSX and I wanna say it was an 03 or 04.

Back