• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why no hype?

who knows down the road we may see some tangible fruits of the reinvigorated partnership with the might of maclaren

Surprised to read docjohn & hothonda's above two posts. :) Acura's commercials featuring the NSX as the money shot tells me Honda does care that the NSX hypes & stirs up excitement in the folk sitting in the cheap seats buying measly sub-$60k Acuras. :)

BTW I don't want to sound like I'm new-NSX bashing. Yeah I hate the fascia styling and all the e-tech scare the bejesus out of me for long term reliability & maintenance cost (my Gen-1 love is showing thru there), but it does have the best steering wheel I've ever gripped, regardless of whether that's because it really is that great or I just haven't gotten out enough, and believe it or not that's made me look forward to hopefully riding in or driving one soon, to see if more hype gets all stirred up. And I truly want it to succeed. I just interpret the OP's question to be more about naturally-occurring hype in the public than hype created by Honda/Acura, and I think overall reception hasn't been as hyped up as some.

And I'm reacting to the why no more posting on Prime hype.

yinz are you thinking that honda should be using the new nsx more in advertising as a general draw for the brand...or just for the nsx itself.....

Some are beginning to question why there's not EVEN MORE hype about the no hype hype.

My sources say that there was a translation glitch between global Honda HQ and the US-based NSX team. Apparently, the home office gave a directive that the NSX is to represent the "Ultimate in Exclusivity," but is was translated as "Infinite Exclusivity." The LA folks ran the math and called up Ohio and told them to halt production in order to please the bosses....

The confusion over where the Vin #001 car is (and whether Rick actually owns it) traces back to an ongoing ontological debate over whether zero or one car would represent infinite exclusivity.

Can you explain more on the "ultimate in exclusivity" and "infinite exclusivity"

thank you so much

yinz are you thinking that honda should be using the new nsx more in advertising as a general draw for the brand...or just for the nsx itself.....

Ha, I don't think anything actually as much as I'm just responding & interpreting their IF THERE'S A DREAM, CHASE IT commercials featuring the new NSX, which I can only interpret as them wanting it to stir things up with all potential Acura buyers. And in general in this thread I'm just agreeing that there doesn't seem to be much hype generated by the public/press/internet/youtube as some cars received. Or put it this way - in 2014-2015 there was an amazing amount of new hype generated on youtube/internet/facebook about the gen-1 NSX that suddenly everyone woke up to and fell in love with. Motor Trend's "gotta get one" video on Youtube etc. I'm just agreeing with the OP that hype created outside of Acura/Honda seems light so far, and it's an interesting discussion to try to guess why, usually resulting in all of us looking inward at what is or isn't exciting and hyping ourselves about it.

Just don't get me started on the Acura commercial featuring the dolled up mascara model with a stern ready-for-action look that's sure to cause wrinkles in that pretty little forehead, slamming down her helmet shield as if she's about to try to beat the Stig. Yeah, that's something that consumers are likely to really believe & relate to and internalize and stir up all kinds of excitement inside. Just like how buying a Buick gave you something in common with Tiger Woods at the time. Uh huh. :)

Last edited:
Can you explain more on the "ultimate in exclusivity" and "infinite exclusivity"

thank you so much

Attempt at humor / pun. "Exclusivity" has connotation of being good because few can own-- but, at the limit, no one can own-- perhaps including you. If English is not your first language, it may not translate well. (If English is your first language, it may simply be that I am not funny).

Also, if you are pranking me by your question, it means that you are funnier than me.

Another form of humor is "irony." As in "it is ironic that a joke about translation does not, itself, translate well."

If English is not your first language, it may not translate well. (If English is your first language, it may simply be that I am not funny).

Also, if you are pranking me by your question, it means that you are funnier than me.

Now that is some funny stuff.

indeed chrisn fits right in:biggrin:

..........doing better.....now midpack....watch next year.They need to find a young fast twitch driver to replace JB

..........doing better.....now midpack....watch next year.They need to find a young fast twitch driver to replace JB

What about the pretty NSX driver in the Acura commercial, she's obviously got the skills.

Yeah, cause it's working out great in F1!!

Actually it is working great!
Respect to Honda for going into F1 cold with a new power unit and enduring the criticism while they improve.
Takes courage and commitment to do that in public.
As expected they are making progress and given their record of tenacity and excellence, would anticipate they will end up on top down the road.

Attempt at humor / pun. "Exclusivity" has connotation of being good because few can own-- but, at the limit, no one can own-- perhaps including you. If English is not your first language, it may not translate well. (If English is your first language, it may simply be that I am not funny).

Another form of humor is "irony." As in "it is ironic that a joke about translation does not, itself, translate well."

No I am not pranking you or anything and indeed English is not my first language. I kinda know what the meaning is but the thing that I wanna ask is that The NSX will not be limited like the LFA right? Its supposed to be like The GTR isnt it?

Interesting article from January. I think they are spot-on in terms of production timing: Fall.

I do think Ted Klaus mis-spoke when he said they would build 'Demand minus one units" (perhaps another translation issue?). It seems that the factory heard this as a "Demand to make one unit" (Rick's car). They really really need to work on internal corporate communications....

Actually it is working great!
Respect to Honda for going into F1 cold with a new power unit and enduring the criticism while they improve.
Takes courage and commitment to do that in public.
As expected they are making progress and given their record of tenacity and excellence, would anticipate they will end up on top down the road.

Another banner weekend of Honda displaying their "courage."

Actually, they are not doing too bad, considering where they were last year. JB did have an engine blow-up in Montreal, which is not good duing a World televised event, but this is racing.

What is disappointing is that Honda have been working on this Power Unit since 2013, a full two years before they entered F1 as a Power unit partner with McLrean in 2015. Regardeless, I firmly believe, that they will over come their issues and will provide a Power unit that will win races and WC's in the not to distant future.
Keeping everything cross!

Bram

Back