• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

will the Works Bell rapfix quick tilt fit?

I am looking at buying a works bell short hub, steering wheel, and the rapfix gtc quick tilt. Will the quick tilt work with the controls on the steering cloumn? Thanks for the help.

I used the SOS short hub with the WB GTC, and the control locations are fine. I expect the WB combo would work well, too.
DSCN1815.jpgDSCN1818.jpg

Side Q: what's the benefit of these? I assume to ease in/out maneuvers :) it's just I always use steering wheel to get in. Then just roll out when exit :)

Side Q: what's the benefit of these? I assume to ease in/out maneuvers :) it's just I always use steering wheel to get in. Then just roll out when exit :)

There are some pros and some cons. Pros are that the OEM wheel is rather large and bulky and heavy. It's a poor 90's wheel. Besides being heinous. Replacement gets rid of all these problems. The con is your are removing your airbag and that's a real risk unless you are with a full track safety system that includes a rollbar, harness, Hans, and seat. The benefit of a quick release or that tilt is really none on a street car with street seats, it's mainly kind of a looks or "tuning" mod, but with high bolster seats and any sort of cage it is very difficult to get in and out so the removable wheel or the high tilt help a lot. There is also a slight theft deterrence factor.

- - - Updated - - -

That quick tilt will keep you from having to "do" something with your wheel once removed on a quick release. It seems the theft deterrence factor would not be as high as a complete wheel removal and lock.

You must also configure another switch for the cruise control, or do without. For me, the OEM wheel just had to go. The GTC is a nifty gadget that makes it a little easier to keep the drivers footwell clean.:smile:

There are some pros and some cons. Pros are that the OEM wheel is rather large and bulky and heavy. It's a poor 90's wheel. Besides being heinous. Replacement gets rid of all these problems. The con is your are removing your airbag and that's a real risk unless you are with a full track safety system that includes a rollbar, harness, Hans, and seat. The benefit of a quick release or that tilt is really none on a street car with street seats, it's mainly kind of a looks or "tuning" mod, but with high bolster seats and any sort of cage it is very difficult to get in and out so the removable wheel or the high tilt help a lot. There is also a slight theft deterrence factor.

- - - Updated - - -

That quick tilt will keep you from having to "do" something with your wheel once removed on a quick release. It seems the theft deterrence factor would not be as high as a complete wheel removal and lock.
Well.. I was thinking about why use tilt option :)

Back