• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wind noise solution (maybe)

I noticed there is a tab on the top seal in the middle that should be on the outside of the window when it's closed, but mine were smashed inside the window on both doors. This created a leak and an air gap. I think either the door was opened then closed with the battery disconnected, preventing the automatic window drop down, or the shipping wrap pulled it in then the door was closed. Mine were both completely deformed and would not stay in the right place when the window was closed. With a little heat from a heat gun, they are now sitting right. Unfortunately the weather turned to crap, so I haven't had a chance to see if it cleared up the wind noise. It's been posted that the fix is to replace that seal, so I suspect that was a common shipping issue. I'll still get it replaced because it isn't fitting perfectly to the roof line, but I live 90 miles from my servicing dealer, so this should be a workable temporary solution.

this is what it should look like, except it's still not quite flush
3.jpg

Mine were both smashed in the window
2.jpg

Thanks for posting, very interesting....:confused:

Well I checked my seals out, the seals were perfect as factory had installed them and I still get a bad wind noise at about 80-85mph. I am also experiencing noises in door shells/ tweeter area...FWIW

Last edited:
Well I checked my seals out, the seals were perfect as factory had installed them and I still get a bad wind noise at about 80-85mpg. I am also experiencing noises in door shells/ tweeter area...FWIW

I could understand if you have the noise at 80-85MPH, but what does MPG have to do with wind noise? Just curious!!!

I could understand if you have the noise at 80-85MPH, but what does MPG have to do with wind noise? Just curious!!!

Oops, damn spell check MPH

Last edited:

Hahahaha! I was about to say Space I think your car might be only running on 1 cylinder if you are getting 80-85mpg. You might have bigger problems than noises.

Last edited:
Back