• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wind noise!

I have a 2001 NSX-T with approx 43000 miles on it.....I have noticed that the targa top squeaks lately. I know I need to silicone lube them. But at speeds of over 80 miles/hr I get wind noise that progressively gets worse and by the time I hit 100 I can really hear it loud etc......any thoughts???

RajNSX said:
at speeds of over 80 miles/hr I get wind noise that progressively gets worse and by the time I hit 100 I can really hear it loud etc......any thoughts???
Your door glass needs adjustment. The procedure is in the body section of the service manual (look in the table of contents for that section, listed as Doors - Glass Adjustment). Either you can look at those pages in the manual and attempt it yourself, or take it to a mechanic with NSX experience (and feel free to point out the procedure in the manual to him).

I had this problem, took it in for the adjustment, no more problem at all.

Anybody experienced the wind noise at 135 mph? The first time I stepped on it , I was amazed at how quiet the car was until I reached about 135 mph, then all of a sudden, it seemed like I had rolled a window down, the wind noise was pretty loud. I decided to get out of the gas at 145 mph but that was still 5th gear, one of these days, maybe I'll find a nice road and get it into sixth and see if the 168 mph top speed is real, or maybe not.

1997 Spa Yellow Pearl

I do the cross country races (akarally.com and gumball.com) and I have experienced the same thing. I use to have a coupe and that car was steady at high speeds (160+) but with this targa, I get up to 140ish and the wind noise is crazy. Once I got to 150, the sound was unbearable forcing me to back down. I am going try to adjust the windows to see if that makes a difference. The race is coming up again in June!

ARFNSXTC said:
I do the cross country races (akarally.com and gumball.com) and I have experienced the same thing. I use to have a coupe and that car was steady at high speeds (160+) but with this targa, I get up to 140ish and the wind noise is crazy. Once I got to 150, the sound was unbearable forcing me to back down. I am going try to adjust the windows to see if that makes a difference. The race is coming up again in June!

Is this like a Cannonball Run type deal? :biggrin:

cannonball.jpg

for the most part, it is more controlled meaning we have schedule stops every night to help fatigue. At night we party and usually have a track day or something else if time permits. I love it and it is my yearly vice.

For 2006 it is going to be from Las Vegas to DC stopping in Denver, the indy 500, st louis and DC for the 4th of July. the dates are 6/27-7/4/06. I will make a post about it soon. I would love to see other NSXs on this rally.

About 3k to run it for 2 people, hotels, food and parties

Yes, please post more information. I live just south of Indy, and may catch up with the group (if that is permitted.)

ARFNSXTC said:
for the most part, it is more controlled meaning we have schedule stops every night to help fatigue. At night we party and usually have a track day or something else if time permits. I love it and it is my yearly vice.

So you have schedule stops to help fatigue and rest and you party at the same time? LOL!

Yea Gumball 3000 was pretty cool. Wish I had the $$ to do it.

Well this one is the AKARally.com as seen on MTV. This was the affordable rally (being only 3k) compared to the Gumball (at 12k). Just as much fun, same top speeds and a lot of cool cars. only $1500 per person, not bad at all! $250 a day! $10.40 an hour...tell me that is not a deal!

I got the exact problem at about 120mph on my 01 T also, Ive told my dealer MANY times and they eighter say they'll get back with me or blow it off completly

What page is that on about the dorr adjusting. I told them about that too, only to get some BS about it not really gonna fix it. Maybe I need to talk with the GM or something to get them to fix it.

Dan Ciesniewski said:
What page is that on about the dorr adjusting. I told them about that too, only to get some BS about it not really gonna fix it. Maybe I need to talk with the GM or something to get them to fix it.

Take a look at this PDF, it explains everything!

Sam

Back