• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Windscreen washer motor

The motor has gone bad, pull the stalk, no noise, nothing.

Crimped two cables with open spade connecters to test motor on battery, nothing.

Think it's likely a faulty unit.

I'm trying to source one locally, does the NSX share the windscreen washer motor with any other cars? It seems a fairly universal part from what i have found

Any o thers fit?

Thanks

For North American NSXs, the current part number for the WW pump is 38512-SB0-J01.

1986-2005 Acura Motor, Washer (Mitsuba) 38512-SB0-J01 | OEMAcuraPart (oemacuraparts.com)

On the above page, open the tab called vehicle fitment at the bottom of the page and you will find all the other Acura vehicles that use the pump. There are Hondas that use the pump that won't be listed on the Acura page. Aftermarket versions are available which include listings of all the other vehicles that it fits

Car Windshield Washer Pump Window Cleaning 38512-SB0-J01 Fit for Honda Accord | eBay

You could go to a local auto parts vendor and see if they can source one of the Chinese knock offs by part number or reference to one of the other vehicles that it is used on. Or you could go to your local Honda / Acura dealer.

Also just to add...

When searching Prime several commented saying it's a pumper off job.

I was able to do the swap with the bumper in place, it was fiddly but enough room to get your hands in there.

Back