• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Windy City BBWCCA HPDE @ RA

Briank said:
No response yet :confused:

Brian, I assume you joined the BMWCCA? If so you also need to join the Windy City chapter to get the first crack at getting in.

Briank said:
I know the club members get in first, NSX3.0 are you a member of the BMWCCA?

Yes...and a member of the Windy City chapter and the Badger Bimmer chapter. This will get you first in line when the applications come out assuming you send it in ASAP.

Briank said:
So do you think I will get in as a non-member or did I waste my time applying?

My guess is Windy City members will be first in line until the deadline date. I assume then they take non-member applications as they recieved them and fill the school as they came in.

in the last decade, the event sold out, with a waiting list. BUT with the economy, and gas prices, the last few years were not completely selling out. I think you may be ok. The deadline was just yesterday. You could call Barb Adams, and ask if it is sold out, she may be able to tell you if you are in or not on the phone.

April 30th is a still a long way out so I can wait and see. :biggrin: Have to flush the brakes and ALB, do an oil change and get the car to AOB for an alinement, tech inspection and AC evac and recharge if and when it stops snowing.

RP-Motorsports said:
the last few years were not completely selling out.
Not true. The event has sold out every year. The last 2-3 years, though, almost everyone on the waiting list eventually got in.

Brian, you can check with Barb Adams for your status. I'll send you a PM with her e-mail address...

RP-Motorsports said:
Ryan-intermediate or adv? (NSX)

Packet arrived. I signed up for intermediate, so that is what I expect, but I guess I won't know until I get there.

Last edited:
Briank said:
What is the preferred lodging for the NSX group? In the paper work it looks like the BMWCCA is steering there members to Siebkens as a first choice. What are you guys doing?

I usually drive to and from each day. It isn't that bad, if a bit early.

Briank said:
What is the preferred lodging for the NSX group? In the paper work it looks like the BMWCCA is steering there members to Siebkens as a first choice. What are you guys doing?
It all depends on what you're looking for, in terms of quality vs price...

The American Club in Kohler, next to Sheboygan (15? miles) - this is a resort, VERY fancy, VERY expensive (like $300+ per night).

The Osthoff - VERY nice place, right in Elkhart Lake. Room rates are very high (~$150/night), but they have multi-bedroom suites; if you can find folks to share with, can reduce your costs.

52 Stafford - Excellent place, classy, nice and close in Plymouth, a bit pricey though (~$90-100/night).

Baymont Inn in Sheboygan - also a bit far, good place, a few bucks more than the Super 8 ($53-65/night), good value for the money

Super 8 in Sheboygan - a bit far (15? miles), cheapest place around ($50-60/night), nothing fancy but okay

There are other places in Plymouth (close) and Sheboygan (further) but I'm not personally familiar with them.

nsxtasy said:
My bad. :redface: T Bell is correct; they usually allow guests to drive around the track during track touring at lunchtime. These are slow-speed laps (under 50 mph at all times).

They do not allow guests as passengers during the high-speed track sessions.

In case there was ANY doubt in anyone's minds... not even Ken can give rides to non-drivers that weekend. I wanted to check for a friend that was considering coming out.

:)

-Chris

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 6:27 PM
To: Fries Christopher-QCF001
Subject: Re: Passengers in HPDE school

Hi Chris

Only students and workerbees can take drives with the instructors and students can only have an instructor in the car. Touring Sunday morning (8:50) you could drive your guest around. 50 MPH top speed, touring laps, no helmets.

Barbara

Getting fired up !!! :biggrin: Thanks to R-P Motorsports.

Last edited:
RP-Motorsports said:
Now if I could only find where the hell my clutch is! :mad:

Got MY car together, finally.

wODkxNTQyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Look out for the white blur in your rear view mirror ;)

Hopefully it's not a blur because of all the smoke either. :(

Oh, yeah the boost is falling down to ~7 PSI at the end of the chart. Boost controller and wastegate spring aren't cooperating at high RPM. It feels healthier on the street than the dyno shows, but I may be short shifting to 5th at 8000 RPM.

DAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYMMMMMMMMM!

That is a healthy ITR! :eek: WTF Comp ratio are you running? I pray to God that it is 9:1, and no higher with some major boost. I was about 100bhp less than that to the wheels @7psi. Even at 9psi, I did not break 300 bhp! I hope it holds together.

See you this weekend!

I will tell you about my clutch nightmare. I do have a new clutch, BUT NOT the one I wanted, and I had to spend $200 more for it. Oh well, that is what a tight schedule will get you.

Chris F said:

Got MY car together, finally.

wODkxNTQyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Look out for the white blur in your rear view mirror ;)

Hopefully it's not a blur because of all the smoke either. :(

Oh, yeah the boost is falling down to ~7 PSI at the end of the chart. Boost controller and wastegate spring aren't cooperating at high RPM. It feels healthier on the street than the dyno shows, but I may be short shifting to 5th at 8000 RPM.

RP-Motorsports said:
WTF Comp ratio are you running? I pray to God that it is 9:1, and no higher with some major boost. I was about 100bhp less than that to the wheels @7psi. Even at 9psi, I did not break 300 bhp! I hope it holds together.

See you this weekend!

I will tell you about my clutch nightmare. I do have a new clutch, BUT NOT the one I wanted, and I had to spend $200 more for it. Oh well, that is what a tight schedule will get you.

It is 9:1. I'm sporting JE pistons and Eagle rods nowadays. New boost controller is on order, I should get 350-375 at the wheels later this summer.

Turns out I jinxed my preparedness, I chipped my windshield on Saturday which turned into a foot-long crack, then I got whiplash in a rear-end accident on Saturday night. 16 year old girl in a Saturn tried to take my wife's 2004 Maxima out in Oak Creek WI. She did a pretty good job of it too. :mad:

New windshield comes tomorrow, but it looks like I'll be tracking it with a neckbrace :) Hopefully the physical therapy goes well this week. (It's not THAT bad, but acceleration is currently uncomfortable to say the least).

I had 9:1 and Eagle rods with about 9psi in my teg. (boy was that fun!) Oh well I am looking forward to the first RA event with the new car (even though we can't run the kink)

Looks like some crappy Sat morn weather, then it should be great track weather the rest of the weekend!

See-ya Sat neck-brace-boy.....Hey how are you going to see me, when I pull up next to you to stick my tounge out, if you can't turn your head! jk..

Hope you feel better.

Back