• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

World Wide Production Numbers

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and require the world wide production figures for the NSX NA1. The reason being is that the NSX is not legally allowed to be driven on New Zealand roads because our emission and frontal impact laws are some of the strictest world wide. I can how ever apply for a special permit to get one in and registered for road use. I have passed all the necessary criteria and the last item I need is the production numbers. I supplied the US numbers from here in my application but they rejected them asking for world wide figures.

I have been in contact with Honda New Zealand who do not know the figures, maybe the just put it in the 'too hard basket'. I cannot find contact details for Honda Japan.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Gene Loader
Future NSX owner

I believe the number was good until May of 2005.
NSX_Production_Numbers_copy.jpg

Last edited:
Correct but only NZ new, these laws did not exist when the cars were originally imported for sale. Now you cant import any due to the restrictions I mentioned earlier.

Thanks for the info guys.

ps $84k here can get you a 2001 Ferrari at auction, its an inflated price for NA2 NSX.

Cheers

I guess it is cheaper for the Crown to shift costs via free regulation, rather than engineer their roads a bit better.

I drove 2700km there on vacation and I'm a pretty aggressive driver. However, cars full of women and kids would be passing me at 110kmh during rain storms. Kiwi's can be crazy drivers

NZ also has these kooky one lane bridges, the goal apparently is to play chicken with the opposite direction car. So when you see a car coming from the opposite direction, you accelerate violently to make it to the bridge first, causing the other person to veer off and launch themselves into the abyss.

Great Kiwi sport! I won a couple of times just to show them, but after a while I decided that it wasn't really worth to play.

Anyways, NZ is worried about the wrong things, their per capita traffic related death rate isn't all that bad.
http://www.nzips.govt.nz/documents/international-road-traffic-sept-06.pdf

Drew

I guess it is cheaper for the Crown to shift costs via free regulation, rather than engineer their roads a bit better.

I drove 2700km there on vacation and I'm a pretty aggressive driver. However, cars full of women and kids would be passing me at 110kmh during rain storms. Kiwi's can be crazy drivers

NZ also has these kooky one lane bridges, the goal apparently is to play chicken with the opposite direction car. So when you see a car coming from the opposite direction, you accelerate violently to make it to the bridge first, causing the other person to veer off and launch themselves into the abyss.

Great Kiwi sport! I won a couple of times just to show them, but after a while I decided that it wasn't really worth to play.

Anyways, NZ is worried about the wrong things, their per capita traffic related death rate isn't all that bad.
http://www.nzips.govt.nz/documents/international-road-traffic-sept-06.pdf

Drew

Exactly!! You are 100% on the right track. NZ government is coming down hard on import vehicle owners with allsorts of bylaws.

The crown issue 200 special licences each year for things like the GTR Skyline etc/NSX etc.

There are only 2 NSX's in Christchurch which is NZ's second largest city.

Thanks

Gene

Dude - that's some funny ass shit!:biggrin: I'll have to remember that if I ever take a trip to NZ. Although, I don't know if I'm ballsy enough to try and beat someone onto a bridge if I don't have the acceleration of my NSX with me. It could be me that ends up launching into the abyss. Not a great way to spend a vacation in NZ, or anywhere else for that matter!:biggrin:

There are now 5 NA2 R GT's. This document shows 1. I'm assuming that Spoon simply converted four more NSX-R out of the production pool.
That would leave the totals for NSX-R NA2 at 136. The grand total of NSX-R's then equals 624 if you include the 5 NSX-R GT and all NA1 R's.

Last edited:
There are now 5 NA2 R GT's. This document shows 1. I'm assuming that Spoon simply converted four more NSX-R out of the production pool.
That would leave the totals for NSX-R NA2 at 136. The grand total of NSX-R's then equals 624 if you include the 5 NSX-R GT and all NA1 R's.

:confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:

Back