• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

worn out volume control knob

How do you remove the outer volume control knob ring? (Driver's side)
Mine is worn out and at night, you can actually see the illumination coming through cracks in the rubberized ring, it looks aweful!

I've tried hard to yank this thing out of the assembly its not working..
The part lists for about $33.00 for replacement (unbelievable price), anyone attempt this? I don't want to scratch the head unit with a screw driver tip. Thanks!

It must be pulled off.
Centre knob and surround knob are pushed on.
If stuck too much, just gently and carefully try to pry it off by putting something like a blunt knife under it and: pry/turn a bit-pry/turn a bit, so both knobs come off together evenly.

It must be pulled off.
Centre knob and surround knob are pushed on.
If stuck too much, just gently and carefully try to pry it off by putting something like a blunt knife under it and: pry/turn a bit-pry/turn a bit, so both knobs come off together evenly.

Does both the Volume Knob and the Power button have to be removed at the same time? Or can I just remove the Volume Knob on its own?

The volume knob cannot be removed without removing the power button. The easiest and least-likely-to-damage-anything way of doing this is to pull on the knob with your fingers and both will come off together. When I replaced mine a few months ago I replaced the volume knob, power button, tuner knob, and tuner button all at once so the textures would all match and look new.

Back