• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Worst sexual abuse case so far.

Too bad he didn't show up at this guy's house .......:eek:

Police: Med student uses sword to kill intruder
The Associated Press
Updated: 09/15/2009 06:50:20 AM EDT

BALTIMORE—Baltimore police say a Johns Hopkins University medical student armed with a samurai sword killed an intruder in his garage.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says campus police and an off-duty city officer responding to a call for a suspicious person heard screams to call police around 1:20 a.m. Tuesday.

Guglielmi says the student told the man he found in his garage to leave and the man accosted him. That's when Guglielmi says the student defended himself, cutting off the man's hand and causing a severe laceration to his upper body.

He says the man died at the scene, but police are not yet releasing his name.

Police are interviewing the student and others and are talking to prosecutors about whether to file charges.

Do you have kids? If so, I'd love to hear how you'd feel if this was your child.
No I don't have kids but words couldn't express how livid I'd be if I did and this happened to a kid of mine.

I stand by what I said. The USA was founded on principles I respect, including the one that says we aim to be more civilized than to be cruel.

No I don't have kids but words couldn't express how livid I'd be if I did and this happened to a kid of mine.

I stand by what I said. The USA was founded on principles I respect, including the one that says we aim to be more civilized than to be cruel.
No offense but this was a 5 week old infant. It's barely home from the hospital. Kinda makes me lose my aim to be civilized towards this person. 5 weeks = 40 days old. Come on, whos being uncivilized here.

Trust me....you can stand by what you said all day long....wait till you're looking down at your child one day. I assure you, after that you'd rip this guy's throat out and crap down his neck if he touched that child.

No offense but this was a 5 week old infant. It's barely home from the hospital. Kinda makes me lose my aim to be civilized towards this person. 5 weeks = 40 days old. Come on, whos being uncivilized here.
I understand how severe and horrible the crime was.

I was careful to say only how I saw it. I didn't tell anyone else how to react or how not to.

I don't want to seek vengeance on the person who did this, as horrible a crime as it is. Vengeance is furious and personal. It varies depending on how you feel, and justice should be cold and impersonal. How else could it be the same for everyone?

That being said, I think that anyone who rapes an infant should receive the death penalty. A person who could do such a thing is to me a clear danger to society- no amount of counseling or rehabilitation can make them safe to be around you or your children. They are like a rabid dog, and must be put down.

As horrible as the crime is, I don't wish him to be raped.
I don't think the answer to cruelty is more cruelty.
That is, I agree with the letter and spirit of the 8th amendment to the US Constitution.

Hahaha! Yep, what he needs is "a strongly worded letter expressing our discontent." That will stop him from reoffending... NOT!

Come on. With 3 kids, (9, 7 and 3). I say let his cellmate "Bubba" take a few whacks at him. The tissue tears this guy will get will give him some idea of the pain and horror he has inflicted on his victim.

As horrible as the crime is, I don't wish him to be raped.
I don't think the answer to cruelty is more cruelty.
That is, I agree with the letter and spirit of the 8th amendment to the US Constitution.

You're right its not. Sadist behavior applied or allowed in the name of justice is not justice --- it only breeds more sadist behavior elsewhere. He should just be shot...simple, compassionate (in a way he never was) and the end.

If any of you think that the death penalty is worse than sharing a long time behind bars with a group of men with XYY chromosomes is bad, then considering sitting on one of their laps and try to talk about the first thing that comes up........

Irrespective of it is or not. The guy cannot be changed and I, for one, don't feel like funding his prison term considering the maliciousness and severity of the crime.

Back