• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Would a contest be acceptible?

I came across three NSX body repair manuals, and I thought, why not offer them to the membership here as a freebie in the form of a little fun contest to see who can get the right answer, but didn't know if such a thing would be acceptible.

What say you, gentlemen?

:D

The winner of said contest would get their choice of a '91, a '93, or a '95 body repair manual.....which are actually less common than standard shop manuals.

I was hoping that it would be acceptible, since many of you know me anyways :)

Last edited:
thats odd. and not just a little odd. it's totally odd.

:rolleyes:

rollbarf.gif

Last edited:
Would the contest consist of inviting all participants over to your house. In which you say during dinner that in this contest you say you will be “hunting the most elusive animal of them all. Humans.” Then giving people a 5 minute head start and that the “person is who can get the right answer” is the last remaining person standing alive at the end of the contest?

I choose D) All of the above.

:biggrin:

Would the contest consist of inviting all participants over to your house. In which you say during dinner that in this contest you say you will be “hunting the most elusive animal of them all. Humans.” Then giving people a 5 minute head start and that the “person is who can get the right answer” is the last remaining person standing alive at the end of the contest?

Playing General Zaroff is probably a bit of a stretch, especially because he ends up dead :eek:

This is the question....

What does the following equation represent?

Attachments

• contest.JPG
    contest.JPG
    2.6 KB · Views: 117
I believe that it is an equation used to calculate the deflection of beams in structure analysis.

I believe that it is an equation used to calculate the deflection of beams in structure analysis.

Motegi has it as closely nailed as you can get.....

http://www.engineersedge.com/beam_bending/beam_bending3.htm

PM me with your address and first choice :)

For second choice, what is the "secret" significance of the four repetitive beeps that all Honda products sound off when you leave the key in the ignition, other than anything relating to the vehicle's electronics?

My Dad was a Honda fan and also a big wig amateur radio type guy. My science fair project one year was this morse code thing, my whole childhood I was surrounded by antennas, radios and morse code.... and a TV I couldn't watch most of the time because my dad was wiping it out with his radios every night. I'm just now remembering how much my neighbors hated him for wiping out their TVs too :).

Back