• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would/when will you desert the U.S.A.??

I'm a natural born U.S. citizen and I...

• ...would never, ever leave the U.S. permanently.

Votes: 43 45.3%
  • ...might leave the U.S. if things got bad enough (but think that's unlikely)

Votes: 28 29.5%
  • ...kind of expect to leave in the next 10-20 years (taxes!)

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • ...kind of expect to leave in the next 1-10 years b/c the U.S. is crumbling

Votes: 15 15.8%

• Total voters
...and please never come back ...I hate traffic...:biggrin:

I'm from another country, became a US citizen, and I love the U.S.A.
But, for all of you who say you are leaving...what's the wait? Get the F-out! Make some room for people who want to be here. :wink:

Now, you know what's great about this country?

You can feel comfortable saying that you are ok deserting it and I can feel comfortable saying get the F-out and we can still co-exist peacefully. Hopefully, for those of you who are planning on leaving, you find what you are looking for. :smile:

...and please never come back ...I hate traffic...:biggrin:
lol
gtfoslap.gif

[move].............................______________
._______________/./___|.|_____[IMG]http://i4.tinypic.com/8fx3n9s.gif\.\_______________
|____________________|__________|______________(
Cadi%20Logo.gif
)
spinning_rims175.gif
spinning_rims175.gif
[/move][/IMG]

:wink:

I'm in the same boat. I'm looking at leaving the US aswell. I'd rather live in Europe where there may be more laws but more open minds.

Also going to visit Chille in SA.

I believe the usa is headed for bad bad times.

I can already see many of you would rather desert than stay and fight , should we ever get invaded.

I can already see many of you would rather desert than stay and fight , should we ever get invaded.

I didn't enlist into the armed forces for a reason. As much as I support and respect the troops, its just not for me. :tongue: I'm a computer engineer not a soldier.

Reading all of these threads makes me think. How many of these people have ever been outside of the United States, or even more important, how many of these people have ever lived outside the United States?

I think I read once that only 10% of the U.S. population have a passport.

Perhaps we should start a poll for that as well...

Reading all of these threads makes me think. How many of these people have ever been outside of the United States, or even more important, how many of these people have ever lived outside the United States?

Does Canada count?:biggrin: I have never been outside the US and I don't care to go either. It's not that I don't want to open up myself to new experiences it's that everyone I know who has traveled outside the US has gotten sick. I have little desire to be in a situation where I can not communicate with someone because I don't speak their language. I am also scared of ordering something off a menu I may not like. :biggrin: Lastly I hate long flights. Just the flight to CA numbs my backside. If I were ultra wealthy I would not travel outside the US. Now tell me how I am wrong....

I have no desire to leave the US and in fact if we were invaded I would fight to my last breath.

Does Canada count?:biggrin: I have never been outside the US and I don't care to go either. It's not that I don't want to open up myself to new experiences it's that everyone I know who has traveled outside the US has gotten sick. I have little desire to be in a situation where I can not communicate with someone because I don't speak their language. I am also scared of ordering something off a menu I may not like. :biggrin: Lastly I hate long flights. Just the flight to CA numbs my backside. If I were ultra wealthy I would not travel outside the US. Now tell me how I am wrong....

I have no desire to leave the US and in fact if we were invaded I would fight to my last breath.

Oh GAWD where do I go with you?:biggrin:

I was going to start that poll myself but I don't know how to start a poll.

No, remember we never count for Canada for anything, we're Americans.:biggrin:

Why would the USA be invaded? Why would you even think that? If thats in your mindset then you should really do some thinking - one of the problems has been that the USA (government, the election process, etc.) has used the "communist threat" as a unifying force - now it "needs" terrorism - can't just focus on their own knitting.

We should! But the answers are scary - when West Germany absorbed East they created a new division of the Government with over 100,000 people to handle all the issues - and they spoke the same language and were "next door"

When the US got their group to "manage" Iraq together they were 35 people, most under the age of 27 and 30 of them applied for their passport for the 1st time - all were "Bushies" and on Sr guy's experience was he'd managed an Ice Cream store in College!!!

There's something about seeing how others live, and learning about others' customs, lifestyles and experiences (and trying to adapt a bit to their culture) that is a personality expanding experience - hard to legitimately criticize the French until you really understand how they live, then you better understand their issues - easy to hate people you've never met - but if you actually travel, spend time discussing politics, religion, etc. with people from different places, discuss how they see you - its enlightening!:wink:

No you wouldn't, you'd be too busy shorting the dollar and buying futures in gunpowder!!!

Why does everyone think that going outside the U.S. has anything to do with having an open mind?

Being willing to experience other paradigms and learn is a sign of an open mind:wink:
Where is the correlation?

There's something about seeing how others live, and learning about others' customs, lifestyles and experiences (and trying to adapt a bit to their culture) that is a personality expanding experience - hard to legitimately criticize the French until you really understand how they live, then you better understand their issues - easy to hate people you've never met - but if you actually travel, spend time discussing politics, religion, etc. with people from different places, discuss how they see you - its enlightening!:wink:

No you wouldn't, you'd be too busy shorting the dollar and buying futures in gunpowder!!!
I would be in the foxhole with a gun and a laptop with aircard so I could trade.

Many of my clients are from all over the world and I talk with them about world events quite often. It is interesting to see how others view the same topic. One thing I find uh... scary I guess is a lot of people who live else where hate America. Some are even laughing at the problems we are overcoming currently.

We have a client in Isreal and he has completely changed my opinion of Bush to positive from negative.

I always get a kick out of these types of comments. My dad says the same kind of thing.

The only logical or remotely capable adversary would be the Chinese. Now...why on Earth would they attack their biggest, most dependable customer?

Takeovers in the 21st century are much less likely to involve .50 Barretts and more likely to involve boring M&A legal documents.

I have lived in Europe and Canada. Both great places!

I think 10% seems VERY high.

Yeah, maybe so. Again, I'm not anti-USA, I'm just jadded right now. Maybe the next president can turn us around.

If you are looking for HIGHER (much in some cases) taxes and more government sticking its nose in your life, then YOU ARE IN LUCK! The next President will offer both! :biggrin:

We have a client in Isreal and he has completely changed my opinion of Bush to positive from negative.

I love Bush - just not the President!!!

Takeovers in the 21st century are much less likely to involve .50 Barretts and more likely to involve boring M&A legal documents.

100% right! Only dumb-asses would invade in this day and age! (Oops, sorry Bushies!!!):wink:

If you are looking for HIGHER (much in some cases) taxes and more government sticking its nose in your life, then YOU ARE IN LUCK! The next President will offer both! :biggrin:

Guaranteed, and going ever higher - gotta pay for the Trillions committed to Medicare - never-mind Iraq - when they're done a bit of cash in New Orleans would be good!

Right with ya.
It's natural and understandable to defend one's homeland against invasion. Never underestimate the tenacity of locals to resist.

This is part of why invading and occupying Iraq was a horrible idea. It kills me that so many people are ready to vote for another pro-war GOP candidate and ensure another 4 years of this lunacy.

Ski, your dad is OK in my book. You on the other hand..... ;)
McCain for President!!

Look up and read about Marine Gen. Anthony Zinni, and what he has to say about the war in Iraq, the bush adminstration, etc..
He along with other Generals and Admirals were pretty much ignored by the Bush admin when they gave their advice about going into Iraq. They were against it, and if we were gonna send troops, they recommended alot more than what they sent.

It's natural and understandable to defend one's homeland against invasion. Never underestimate the tenacity of locals to resist.

This is part of why invading and occupying Iraq was a horrible idea. It kills me that so many people are ready to vote for another pro-war GOP candidate and ensure another 4 years of this lunacy.

Right there with ya. :wink:

I really mean no offense Pbassjo, but my dad's not into dudes and that's Charlize Theron in my avatar.

Wanna take a third cut or just sit this inning out in the dugout? :tongue: :biggrin:

I take no offense at all. Means one thing when I say it, another when you do.
You're on the "look out" for that suggestion and innuendo.:tongue: It's natural for you. :biggrin:

As for Ms. Theron, looking at your avatar it's hard to believe this is the same woman.

theron-close-up.jpg

Now, do you think with McCain the economy will more likely improve than with the Democratic nominee?

Back